IV - His story is history

Kings of Anything

Title:Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 4/?

 

(Chapter focus: Siwon, Donghae, Sungmin, Heechul and Kibum)

IV

His story is history

 

September 14, 20xx, Saturday

SIWON

 

“Stop bothering me, Sungmin.” I said without taking a look at Sungmin who is seated on the couch beside me. I never thought that my Saturday afternoon would be ruined by these people who came into our house unannounced just to bombard me with nonsense questions. I have been trying my best to avoid them because I know that they saw what happened in the bar, and I don’t want to talk about it ever again. And besides, I really don’t know what to say.

Sungmin came with Donghae and Aiden an hour ago, and ever since they arrived, Sungmin started the ambush interview.

“I won’t stop not unless you tell me the real thing.” Sungmin grinned as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Just spill it, Siwon.” Donghae, who is busy playing with Aiden, said. Aiden and he are both seated on the carpet on the floor, playing with the toy cars that they brought along with them. “You know him; he won’t stop until he gets what he wants.”

“I know, right?” Sungmin grinned. “So, tell me, Siwon. Who’s that girl?”

I shoved Sungmin’s hand away then went to sit beside Donghae and Aiden. I held one of Aiden’s toy cars and played with him. Donghae shook his head as he chuckled, watching Sungmin’s expression from where he is seated.

“This is unfair!” Sungmin crossed his arms. Frustration can clearly be seen on his face when I glanced at him, but I don’t really care. I don’t want to talk about it, end of discussion. “Why won’t you tell me?”

“It’s because you’re too talkative.” Donghae threw a pillow at the pouting Sungmin. He poked his son’s cheek. “Uncle Min’s talkative, right, Aiden?”

Aiden nodded cutely, agreeing to what his father said. “Yes. So so talkative. Uncle Min is talkative!” he pointed at Sungmin then chuckled.

“It’s not good to point at others, baby.” Donghae held Aiden’s hands then kissed it.

“Yes, daddy.” Aiden focused back on his toys once again, and played with me once again. Aigoo, Aiden really is cute. He’s irresistible, and I just can’t get enough of his cuteness. I’d like to have a son like him in the future.

“Why won’t you tell me, Siwon? Huh?” Sungmin sat beside me then shook my shoulders. He really won’t stop, huh? He won’t stop not until he squeeze some information from me. What am I supposed to tell them when I don’t even remember her name?

My expression was slowly getting gloomy and I know that it is already obvious. I don’t like it when people force me to talk about something that I don’t want to remember. What happened that night isn’t something that I did intentionally. I was under the influence of alcohol, and I wasn’t thinking straight that night.

“Sungmin, stop it.” Donghae held Sungmin’s arm to stop him, but it was useless. Sungmin continued with what he was doing until I suddenly shoved his hand away.

“Stop it, Sungmin.” I said in a cold and flat tone. “I’m not in the mood.” I stood up and went to the kitchen, leaving Donghae and Sungmin silently sitting on their places. I really am not in the mood to talk about it.

“It isn’t that hard to answer my question, Siwon.” Sungmin made his way towards the kitchen, sitting on the stool right in front of the counter that serves as a divider.

“I told you already, stop it, Sungmin! I’m not in the mood!” I frowned as I looked at him. He really won’t stop, huh?

I saw Donghae look at us, and then at his son. Aiden had a confused look on his face as he scratched his head. “Come here, baby.” Aiden crawled towards Donghae and sat in his lap. He whispered something in his ear while covering the other. Aiden just nodded.

“Isn’t a week enough for you to think about things? We didn’t bother you for a week, Siwon. I didn’t bother you right after that incident, and I know that you know me. I’m not someone who would just stand right there and wait until you’re ready to spill the beans. I am your friend, Siwon, do you not trust me?”

“I sa—”

“What’s going on?” Rebi, my younger sister, said as soon as she appeared at the end of the staircase. She looked around and saw Sungmin and I in the kitchen, and then blinked.

Rebi, or Rebecca Choi is my one and only younger sister. She’s two years younger than me and is currently on her fourth year of college. She’s studying in the University of Santo Tomas majoring in Accountancy.

Her eyes instantly fell on the little boy on Donghae’s lap, who is busy playing with his toy cars. “Aiden!” she grinned as she walked towards him. Aiden grinned as soon as he saw Rebi and stretched his arms. Aiden adored Rebi because according to him, ‘Rebi noona is a really pretty noona who loves giving Aiden chocolates and candies.’ She picked him up then kissed his forehead. “Hey there, little guy. Did you miss noona?”Aiden nodded with a smile. “How much?”

Aiden smiled widely and used his hands to gesture how much he missed Rebi. “This much!” Donghae’s expression softened as he saw his son happily talking to Rebi. He owes her a lot, since she’s like Aiden’s fourth mother (His mom is his second mom and Eunhyuk’s mom is his third mom according to Aiden.) who cares a lot about Aiden even though he isn’t blood related to them.

“Aigoooo!” Rebi chuckled softly then hugged Aiden tightly. She turned to look at Donghae and then Sungmin and gave them a smile, the sarcastic one, which I really didn’t like. It’s like she’s telling you to talk when you’re not supposed to. Trust me, you would not want to see my sister mad. “Hey guys, what’s up?”

“Uncle Min and Uncle Siwon are fighting,” Aiden played with the ruffles on Rebi’s shirt, a small pout forming on his lips. Dang, why do children have to be so honest? I am so dead.

“Oh really?” Rebi raised an eyebrow as she eyed me who is standing by the kitchen counter, holding a glass of water tightly in my hands. Sungmin, on the other hand, was just sitting on the stool right across me, looking like an innocent little boy who was guilty of making his playmate angry. “Just a moment, baby,” she placed Aiden on Donghae’s lap. Aiden just nodded, not fully aware of what was happening around him. “Donghae oppa, please cover his eyes.” Donghae did what she told him and covered Aiden’s eyes. A pillow came landing on my face and Sungmin’s at the same time, and a pissed Rebi was all that we saw a few seconds after. This is not going to be good..

“How dare you two fight in front of a child, huh?” She had her arms on her hips, looking like a mother who is busy scolding her children for fighting over a piece of donut. “If this happens again, I swear, not only a pillow will come landing on your faces!”

“Yah, Rebecca Choi, how dare you shout at your oppa like that?” I pointed at her with his eyes wide due to shock. Dang, it’s the first time this month that she shouted at me again. The last time was when I got drunk during Yesung’s birthday. “Is that how mom and dad taught you to treat me?”

“They didn’t, but the two of you are so irritating and I can’t take it anymore!”

“You can’t call me irritating, Re—”

“I just did, oppa.” She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows as she looked at me. I just sighed in defeat and scratched my head roughly as I poured more water on my glass with my other hand.

“And you, Lee Sungmin oppa!” She pointed at Sungmin. Ha, I’m done. Lee Sungmin is dead meat. It’s his turn now. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA.

“Yes ma’am!” Sungmin saluted as if he is in a military camp, only earning a frown from the latter. As soon as he saw her frown, he instantly pulled his hand back and looked down.

“Don’t piss my brother off! Look at him! He looks weird!”

All of them turned to look at me. I just blinked and shrugged. “What?”

“Yes mommy..” Sungmin looked down, holding the pillow tightly in his hands.

“Don’t call me mommy!” Rebi pinched Sungmin’s ear hard before plopping herself on the couch. “Aigoo.. the two of you are giving me a headache.” She massaged her temples using her fingers then removed her eyeglasses. “Kindly tell me the reason why you two are fighting?”

Donghae stood up with Aiden in his arms. “Uhm.. I think I need to take Aiden out for a while. Tell me what happens, Rebi.”

“Where are we going, dada?” Aiden squished his father’s cheek as he looked curiously at him. “I still want to play with Rebi noonaaaaa!”

“We’re going to play with Rebi noona later, okay?” Donghae ruffled his son’s hair then pecked his temple. “She still needs to talk with Uncle Min and Uncle Siwon.” Aiden nodded and both of them went out of the house.

“Now, spill!” Rebi glared at the two of us who are frozen at their places after hearing her shout.

“It’s your brother!” Sungmin pointed at me. How did it become my fault? The eff.. “It’s not me, promise!” His eyes were as wide as eggs as he continued to point at me. He’s scared of Rebi when she’s mad— almost everyone is, including me. Whenever she’s on her tiger mode, no one dares to not answer her questions. She may be sweet and nice, but when she’s mad, even I who she usually follows becomes a tamed animal. I don’t even know how that happens..

“It’s not my fault! It’s Sungmin’s!” I pointed at Sungmin. Dang, I can’t let him turn the tables. It’s his fault, not mine!

“No, it’s you!”

“Not me, you!”

“You!

“You!

“Yo—”

“Oh shut up!” Rebi stood up then threw another pillow at the two of us. I managed to dodge it, while Sungmin was hit hard on the head. That was a funny sight. “Sungmin oppa, spill it. Or else!”

“Siwon won’t tell me who the girl is!”

“Girl? What girl?” Rebi raised her eyebrow in confusion. Dang, I am dead if he talks..

“Sungmin shut up!” I grabbed the pillow that Rebi threw at me and then aimed it at Sungmin. He used his arms as a shield, and when he did, I instantly walked towards my sister. She isn’t supposed to know that stupid act I did a week ago. I held her arm and tried my best to smile at her. I hope I don’t look weird. “Rebi, don’t mind him, okay? He’s just being his usual stubborn self. Don’t think about that thing, okay? It’s nothing, really.”

“If it’s nothing, why are you so mad about it?” She raised an eyebrow as she stared at me. My sister really is smart and I can’t do anything about it.

I pressed my lips together into a thin line then looked down, fidgeting with my fingers as I did. Knowing that she won’t get an answer from me, Rebi turned to look at Sungmin and narrowed her eyes at him. “Spill it, oppa. Before I get mad.”

“SIWONMADEOUTWITHAGIRLLASTWEEKANDHEWON’TTELLUSWHOTHATGIRL IS.” Sungmin said in one go, even without breathing. Rebi was left dumbfounded with what she heard, not understanding even a single word of what Sungmin said. And I was, too. How did he do that?

“Repeat it, please, and more slowly this time.” She smiled sweetly at him, using her charm to squeeze out the information that she wanted to know. “Thank you.”

“Siwon mad--”

“You really don’t need to know it, Rebi,” I covered Sungmin’s mouth with my hands as soon as I reached him, and then gave Rebi a smile. “It’s nothing, really. Anyways, did you eat your breakfast already? I made some aroz caldo.

Rebi scoffed then crossed her arms. “Don’t change the topic, dear brother.”

“I wasn— ow!” I quickly retrieved my hand and wiped the saliva off of it. Sungmin then bit my hand! How gross can that be? UGH. “That was gross, Sungmin!”

“I ALMOST DIED!” I just rolled my eyes at his exaggerated reaction as I continued to wipe his saliva off of my hand with his shirt. Sungmin wiped his lips then fixed his self. “Anyways, your brother, over here—” he pointed at me, “made out with an unknown girl in Yesung’s bar last week, and he wouldn’t tell us anything about it. In fact, we never saw him since last Friday. I only saw him today.”

Rebi raised her eyebrow and looked at me. “So, that’s what you did, huh, oppa?”

I swallowed the lump of saliva that was formed in my throat. I am dead meat. “I can ex—”

“IS THAT HOW MOM AND DAD RAISED YOU, HUH?” she hit my arm continuously. I tried to stop her, but my efforts were useless. Since when did she become this strong? “MOM AND DAD NEVER TAUGHT YOU TO MAKE OUT WITH AN UNKNOWN GIRL IN A BAR, CHOI SIWON OPPA! AISH.. REALLY,” she scratched her head out of irritation. “DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL EOMMA AND APPA AND TELL THEM THAT THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE DOING WHILE THEY ARE AWAY?”

“CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN?” I caught my breath as soon as she stopped. I got tired because of preventing her from hitting me. I didn’t know  she was that violent! It feels like I don’t even know my own sister anymore. T^T

“Aish..” Rebi sat down on the sofa again as she massaged her temples.

“I didn’t do it on purpose, okay? I was j—”

“You kiss someone on purpose, Siwon.” Sungmin butted in. He was looking at me with a grin, clearly enjoying the sight in front of him right now. Ha. Wait until I get you, Lee Sungmin. You’ll be dead as well.

“Shut up Sungmin!” I glared at Sungmin and the latter just nodded, still grinning. I just rolled my eyes before I faced Rebi. “I was under the influence of alcohol, okay? I wa—”

“Excuses.. excuses..” Sungmin mumbled, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. He earned another glare from me. I swear, if he won’t stop, I don’t know what I can do to him. But I’m sure that it will not be to the extent of me wanting to kill him. He’s still my friend, my annoying friend.

“From the start, please. Tell me what happened.” Rebi said with her eyes still closed.

I bit my lower lip as I tried to remember what happened that night. It’s replaying in my mind like a movie. “I just came out from the bathroom, and I ran into her on the way back. She held my arm and introduced herself to me— I can’t even remember her name— and then asked me if I wanted to dance while she pulled me towards the dance floor. I wasn’t able to say no since she was already dancing. After a few minutes of talking about random things, she got really close and kissed me. I swear it wasn’t me. It was her. I was just a bit dazed at the moment, but after a few seconds, I pulled away and then left the place.”

“You can’t blame her Siwon. You can’t say that ‘it was her’.”

“But I was just telling the truth! I wa—”

“Even so, you still need to sugarcoat some of it. That’s not how a gentleman talks, oppa. That’s not how appa raised you.”

“Sorry.” I sat down beside Rebi. “Let’s just say that it was the spark of the moment, you know. Then bam, we kissed. Does that sound good to you?” I sighed as I waited for her response. “Are you still mad at me?” she just shrugged. “Oh, c’mon. You can’t treat your oppa like this; you know you can’t get mad at me for so long.” She just stared at me with a blank expression on her face. I sighed. There’s only one way to make her talk to me again. “Arasseo. I’ll pay your cellphone bills.”

“Then we’re good.” She grinned and stood up. “Donghae oppa!” she called as she walked towards the door. “You can come in now! Aiden! Noona has a surprise for you!”

“Surprise! Surprise!” Aiden’s loud squeal can be heard from the outside. He came in running then hugged Rebi’s knees as he reached her. “What’s your surprise for me, noona?”

“It’s in my room. Let’s go get it?” Rebi smiled warmly at Aiden as she picked him up. Aiden nodded happily and the two of them went upstairs.

“I heard everything.” Donghae said with a chuckle as he sat down on the couch beside me. “So, you still don’t know the girl?” I just shook my head. I really can’t remember her name.

“But can you remember what she looks like?” Sungmin asked, getting back to his unusual serious self.

“Ugh..” I rubbed my nape. “Yes. I can remember what she looks like.”

“Is she pretty?” Sungmin wiggled his eyebrows as he looked at me with a playful grin. A pillow came flying towards Sungmin face, and all that he was able to do was grunt. “Oh, man! I was just asking if you find her pretty! No need to get all defensive an s!”

“Quit it, Sungmin,” Sungmin just rolled his eyes at me. “Do you want another fight?”

“Why are you so defensive, Siwon?”

“Just shut up. I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay.. I’ll bother you again next week.” I glared at Sungmin. “Kidding!” Sungmin laughed awkwardly.

“Do you guys know that Kibum is here?” Donghae, who is busy looking through his phone, suddenly said.

“Here? In Bulacan?” Sungmin looked curiously at Donghae. He was busy playing with the ruffles on the throwpillows on his lap.

Donghae nodded. “Yup. Just for the weekend though. Heechul just posted a picture of the two of them on Instagram. Kibum’s helping out in his shop.”

“Oooh.” Sungmin nodded slowly. A grin was slowly forming in his lips as he slowly looked at Donghae and I who are seated on the sofa. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” The two of us just blinked at him. He rolled his eyes. “Ugh. You two are so not cool.”

 

 

“What the are you doing in here, Lee Sungmin?” I saw Heechul through the clear glass window send daggers at the guy who is busy posing like a weirdly high-fashion model by his shop’s door. Irritation was written all over his face as he watched the weird guy standing by his shop’s door. Ha, Heechul really gets irritated at Sungmin most of the time.

A few minutes after Sungmin ‘concluded’ that Donghae and I are ‘so not cool’, the four of us (Donghae, together with Aiden, Sungmin and I) went to Heechul’s shop to see him and Kibum. It’s been months since we last saw Kibum. I guess he is too busy studying. Heechul’s shop is located at the second floor of Graceland, the building beside Bulacan State University.

“Aren’t you happy to see me, Heechul?” Sungmin removed his sunglasses in a y(?) yet weird way, making Heechul throw his wallet at him. I just came in and caught his wallet in surprise. I looked at Sungmin who is posing weirdly and hit his head with Heechul’s wallet. Sungmin hissed as he rubbed his head.

“Thank you, Siwon.” Heechul gave me a nod and I nodded back at him with a small smile. Donghae came in with Aiden in his arms after me, and the little boy is busy squishing his father’s cheek. “Hi, Donghae. Hi Aiden.”

“Hey.” Donghae only gave him a nod since his cheeks are still in between Aiden’s little hands.

“Hello Uncle Heechul!” Aiden grinned as he let go of Donghae’s cheeks and waved at Heechul. Donghae put him down and Aiden started jumping like the energetic little boy that he is. Heechul waved back at him and smiled. Aiden, amazed with what he is seeing, began to look through the racks of clothing displayed around the place.

“Where’s Kibum?” Donghae asked as he walked towards the counter where Heechul is seated.

“He went out to buy some iced coffee in Figaro.” Heechul closed the notebook on the counter. “That boy really is a little luxurious in life. His skin is sensitive, and he gets really, really red when exposed to the sun’s heat even for a few minutes.”

“Parang ikaw hindi.” Sungmin grinned, and Heechul just threatened to throw his wallet again. {Parang ikaw hindi - idk how to translate it directly, but it's like saying that the person talking is just like the one that he/she is referring to}

“How’s business?” I pulled a stool out of the cabinet behind Heechul and sat down.

“It was really good. I sold ten pieces since this morning.” Heechul played with the pen in his hands. “Looks like Kibum is my lucky charm.” He chuckled and turned to look at Sungmin. “Yah, you. Don’t you have work today?”

“They gave me a week to rest,” Sungmin took out a shirt form the rack then looked at it. “Don’t worry. I won’t bother all of you anymore starting next week since I’ll be in Manila until the end of September or the first week of October.”

“Good!” Heechul laughed.

“Don’t make it obvious that you don’t want to see me.” Sungmin smirked as he placed the shirt back in the rack.

“They just don’t want you to annoy them, Sungmin.” Donghae chuckled.

“It’s part of who I am. All of you already know this. I’ve been like this since high school.”

“We’re getting older, Sungmin. Deal with it.” Heechul smirked.

“Yeah, right, old man.” All of them chuckled.

“Heechul hyung,” the door opened, and Kibum showed up, holding two cups of coffee in his hands. He was busy checking the contents of the cup as he pushed the door open using his arms. “I won’t give you the change anymore.” When he looked up, he was surprised to see five pairs of eyes looking at him.

“Uncle Kibum!” Aiden giggled as he ran towards Kibum and hugged his knees. “Aiden missed you!”

Kibum chuckled softly as he looked at the little boy. “Uncle Kibum missed you, too.” He smiled. “Can you hand this to Uncle Heechul?” Aiden nodded, and Kibum carefully gave the cup of iced Americano to Aiden. “Be careful, okay?”

“Yes, sir!” Aiden grinned and walked slowly towards the counter, holding the cup carefully in his hands. His eyes are focused on the path that he is taking, careful not to spill even a single drop of coffee on the floor and on the clothes hung on the racks.

“Thank you, Aiden.” Heechul smiled as he got the cup from Aiden. He patted the little boy’s head. Aiden smiled and went back to where his Donghae is seated.

“Kibum!” Sungmin grinned and ran towards Kibum to give him a big bear hug. Kibum smiled as he hugged Sungmin back with one arm, holding his cup of coffee on the other. “I missed you!”

Kibum chuckled softly. “I missed you, too, hyung.”

“How’re you? Where’s Kyuhyun?” I walked towards Kibum and did a high five with him. Donghae walked towards us as well and ruffled Kibum’s hair.

“I left Kyuhyun in Baguio. He still has some papers to work on.”

“Aww, my poor Kyuhyun.” Sungmin shook his head as he clicked his tongue. Out of the guys in the group, he’s closest with Kyuhyun. That’s why he got sad when he found out that Kyuhyun’s going to Baguio to study. Aww, clingy. “Anyways, how’s school?”

“Good.” Kibum sat down beside Heechul again and took a sip of his cup of coffee. “I am passing all of my subjects so far. Kyuhyun’s the one with problems though.”

We spent the afternoon talking about stuffs that happened to Kibum and Kyuhyun in Baguio in the past months. Kibum talked about Kyuhyun joining Tagis Lakas, a cross-organization pageant-like contest in UP Baguio, as the representative of his organization, Tinig Amianan. We ended up laughing when Kibum showed us Kyuhyun’s picture from the pageant, only wearing a boxer shorts made of a balikbayan box and holding a torch with his left hand. He has a make-up that looks like the Joker in Batman, and his grin was a little creepy to look at in the picture. Kibum even showed Kyuhyun’s video in the question and answer portion of the event, and his witty answer made us laugh. Kyuhyun won third place in the said contest, and we felt really proud that their friend achieved some weird thing in his three years in college. Even though it’s kind of a weird achievement, still, it’s considered one.

“Who forced him to join that contest?” Sungmin asked, unable to contain his laughter as he looked at Kyuhyun’s picture when it was revealed that he won third place. His expression was a mixture of shock and happiness, and those thing combined will not really make a good picture. “I know that he would never want to join that contest himself.”

“He lost a bet that he made with his orgmates in Tinig.” Kibum grinned and demonstrated how weird Kyuhyun’s face was when he told him that he’s going to join the said contest. He even imitated the way Kyuhyun said the exact words when he arrived in their apartment that night: ‘What the hell, I’m going to join Tagis Lakas and I can’t back out.’ I must say, Kibum did a good job in imitating Kyuhyun. Even the tone when Kyuhyun swears is totally the same.

“I never thought that Kyuhyun will be able to do something like that.” All through out the time that Kibum was telling us what Kyuhyun did for the said pageant, I was laughing really hard. I really can’t imagine Kyuhyun doing something like that. I should’ve watched it live, it must be a fun sight.

“Mukha syang gago dyan.” Donghae was laughing as well. {Mukha syang gago dyan - he looks like an idiot there (referring to a picture or anything)}

“But he won third place because of that.” Kibum said with a grin as he placed his phone back in the drawer for it was too large and it won’t fit in his pocket.

“Finally, Kyuhyun’s sharp tongue was put to good use.” Heechul chuckled as he shook his head.

“I know, right?” Sungmin grinned as he stood up. “I wa—”

All of us stopped when we saw the shop’s door open and a tall and slender girl entered the shop while talking to someone on her phone. She looked really gorgeous. Donghae, Sungmin and Heechul stared at her as she made her way inside the store, looking through the different pieces of clothing hung on the racks.

“Good afternoon,” Kibum greeted with a warm smile as he looked at her.

The girl looked at Kibum and gave him a small smile, taking a break from the phone call that she’s engaged in at the moment. “Good afternoon.” She looked through the pieces of clothing once again and stopped after a few minutes. Her eyebrows were slowly forming a frown as she placed her phone back in her pouch, and turned to look at the five guys in the counter— which happened to be us.

Her thin lips slowly formed a smile as she tilted her head. “So, we meet again.”

**