XIX - Sugar, spice and everything nice

Kings of Anything

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 19/?

 

(Chapter focus: Everyone. YAAAAY)

XIX

Sugar, spice and everything nice

 

October 13, 20xx, Sunday

 

“Free food!” Sungmin grinned as he stood beside his friends who are busy talking to each other.  He did a high-five with Shindong who is excited as well, especially at the thought of free food. They all heard that Yesung hired really great cooks for the restaurant and that the food would be really delicious.

Today is Yesung’s restaurant opening, and the whole place is still closed. All of the guests are outside, waiting for the owner, Yesung, to arrive. His instructions to his assistant were clear: he’ll be back after an hour and the ribbon cutting would be held before the guests can enter. But, an hour and thirty minutes have passed but still, Yesung is nowhere to be seen. It was fine for the guests, since it already became a mini reunion for them. Besides the other guys, Yesung invited some of their closest high school friends (Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu, Changmin and Yunho) and some of his college friends.

“I am hungry. Really hungry.” Shindong patted his stomach and sighed. “What time would Yesung come? I am starving.”

Sungmin looked at his wrist watch and nodded. “Well, the invitation says that it would start at five. Right now, it’s already five twenty. I’m sure he’ll come.”

“You two are really after the free food, huh?” Hangeng shook his head in amusement while watching the two talk.

“No, of course not! We’re here to support Yesung, but still. We can’t say no to food, you know.” Sungmin grinned and wiggles his eyebrows as he nudged Hangeng who just laughed.

“How are things with you, Jae?” Heechul asked Jaejoong. Both of them are classmates at SoFA. It’s been a while since they last spoke to each other.

“Things are going fine. I’ll be leaving for the US next week. I got an offer for a job in New York. I’ll be designing costumes for Musicals.” Jaejoong said with a slight smile. He is the type of person who does not like to smile, and seeing him smile is a miracle for his friends.

“Costumes for musicals? That’s great.” Heechul nodded. “Isn’t that what you’re good at? Costumes?”

Jaejoong nodded. “Yup, especially those with the Victorian Era touch. They’re my specialty. What about you? How are things going for you?”

“I’m about to eat the clothes that I make.” Heechul answered with a scoff.

“That does not sound good.” Jaejoong laughed.

“But I think things are going to be fine, too. I got an offer to make clothes for a movie.” Heechul shrugged and smiled slightly.

“Good for you, then.” Jaejoong patted Heechul’s back and gave his friend a smile.

“Daddy, daddy! Aiden is hungry!” Aiden pouted as he hugged his father tightly.

“Don’t worry, baby.” Donghae rubbed Aiden’s back. “Uncle Yesung would be here in a few minutes.”

“Is that your son, Donghae?” Junsu, who was talking to Eunhyuk, turned to look at Donghae who just arrived at the place.

“Yep.” Donghae nodded with a smile, looking really proud as he introduced his son to a friend that he hasn’t seen for so long. “The one and only.” He patted Aiden’s back and pointed at Junsu. “Aiden, say hi to Uncle Junsu. He’s daddy’s friend.”

“Hello, Aiden.” Junsu smiled and waved at Aiden. “I’m Uncle Junsu. It’s nice to meet you baby. Are you hungry? Do you want to come with uncle and buy some food while waiting for Uncle Yesung?”

Aiden blinked and looked at Junsu then at his father. “Dada told me not to talk and go somewhere with strangers.”

What Aiden said made the three of them laugh. Aiden’s innocence is really cute, Eunhyuk thought with a smile as he watched the young boy giggle as his father poked his waist.

“Aiden,” Eunhyuk said and pinched Aiden’s cheek. “Uncle Junsu isn’t a stranger. He’s daddy’s and Uncle Hyuk’s friend.” Aiden just blinked and pouted, making Junsu chuckle. “Uncle Hyuk will come with you. We’ll buy lots of food so that the anaconda in your tummy would get full.”

“Daddy, what’s an anaconda?” Aiden asked as Donghae placed him down. Eunhyuk offered his hand and Aiden held it.

“It’s a really large snake, baby.” Junsu said and ruffled Aiden’s hair.

“How large?”

“Even larger than Uncle Yesung’s restaurant.”

Aiden’s eyes widened. “Really?” He looked at his tummy and patted it. “Then how did it fit in my tummy? The anaconda would cry because Aiden’s tummy is small.”

“The anaconda ate a magic pill so that it would fit inside Aiden’s tummy.” Junsu smiled and poked Aiden’s tummy. “So, do you want to come with Uncle Junsu so that we can feed the anaconda inside your tummy and make it happy?”

Aiden nodded with a smile and pulled Junsu. “Let’s go, let’s go!”

Donghae smiled as he watched his son interact with his friends. Aiden is a really sweet boy, and almost everyone who he met adored the little boy.

“He really looks like Donghae!” Junsu told Eunhyuk as they both walked. “But at some angles, he looks exactly like Yoona!”

“It’s because he’s their son, pabo.” Eunhyuk laughed and hit Junsu’s arm lightly.

“Yeah, right.” He nodded and laughed as Aiden skipped all the way towards the convenience store nearby.

Nearby, Siwon’s car arrived. Rebi, Phoebe and Siwon went out and walked towards the small crowd of people in front of Yesung’s restaurant.

“Omo, Rebi!” Kangin grinned as he opened his arms wide, waiting for Rebi to come closer.

“Oppa!” Rebi laughed as she walked towards Kangin and gave him a warm and tight hug. Siwon followed her after and patted Kangin’s back, gave Heechul a high five and smiled at Leeteuk.

“Everyone, this is Phoebe, a good friend. These guys are my friends.” Siwon introduced Phoebe to everyone, earning different reactions from the others. “They are Kangin and Leeteuk. I’ll introduce you to the others later when we meet them.”

“Is she really a ‘good’ friend, huh?” Kangin teased as he looked at Siwon.

Phoebe smiled. “We’ll never know what would happen in the future.” This statement made the other guys cheer and get all friendly with Phoebe, which Siwon liked.

“Wow, our Rebi has grown prettier, eh?” Leeteuk smiled and patted Rebi’s head. It’s been long since they last saw each other.

“Oppa, I’m not a child anymore so please, don’t pat my head.” Rebi smiled and removed Leeteuk’s hand from her head, which made him laugh.

“But still, you’re younger than us so basically, you—”

“You’re older and that’s a fact.” Rebi stuck her tongue out at Leeteuk and grinned. She’ll always be a baby whenever she’s with these guys.

Meanwhile, close friends Changmin and Kyuhyun have been catching up on each other’s lives since they rarely saw each other. Kyuhyun studies in Baguio while Changmin studies at the Los Baños campus in Laguna.

“Yah, Cho Kyu!” Chanmgin got out of Yunho’s car and ran towards Kyuhyun who was busy talking to Ryeowook and Henry. He looked surprised but smiled after seeing who the owner of the voice is. “Long time no see!” He ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair and grinned. Besides the other guys, Changmin is one of Kyuhyun’s closest friends.

“Hey, Changmin!” Kyuhyun gave him a hug and smiled. “How are you? It’s been so long. How’s Los Baños?”

“It’s fine. But my acads almost killed me.” Changmin grimaced at the thought of the graded research papers that he left at his apartment near UP Los Baños. He was really glad that their fisrt semester of their junior year was over since he barely made it because of the never-ending requirements and exams that his subject courses required. He finally has one month to rest and get all lazy, and he thought that this was the perfect way to start the break: a reunion with all of his good friends from high school. “What about you?”

Kyuhyun shrugged with a playful grin on his face. “Naaaah. Life’s fun. I was too busy trying to think of something to do last semester. I have so much free time.”

Changmin laughed and playfully punched Kyuhyun’s arm. “You can’t fool me, Cho Kyu. I saw your facebook posts.” Kyuhyun just laughed and nodded. Changmin looked at Ryeowook and then at Henry. “New face, huh? What’s your name, dude?”

Henry smiled and offered his hand for a handshake. “I’m Henry. It’s nice to meet you, dude.”

Changmin nodded and gave him a smile back before playfully patting his hand. “No need to be so formal, dude. Any friend of Cho Kyu’s and these guys are my friends as well. Welcome to the group! I hope that you know that you’re up for some trouble when you started hanging out with these guys.”

“You make us look like a bad influence, Changmin.” Ryeowook shook his head in amusement.

“I was just telling the truth.” Changmin grinned and wiggled his eyebrows as he looked at Ryeowook. With this, he earned a nudge on the waist from Kyuhyun.

Henry laughed as he watched the two. “Yeap. I already know that I’m up for trouble when I met these guys. All of them just scream trouble when you see them!”

Not shortly after, Yesung’s car suddenly arrived at the area. Everyone cheered and greeted Yesung as he made his way towards the restaurant, mouthing a ‘sorry’ to everyone who had been waiting. His dork friends, who will always be dorks, kept on teasing him about hungry they were and that he was mean to keep them waiting in the cold.

“I really am sorry for keeping you all waiting, but here I am. Finally!” Yesung chuckled as he heard a lot of boos and cheers from his friends. “I now welcome you to the opening of my new restaurant, Barioishii. Please enjoy, and the let the party begin.” Yesung’s assistant handed him the large scissors, and he began cutting the large red ribbon, signalling the official opening of the restaurant.

All of the guests went inside and the opening party began.

 

“What’s this, mm?” Ryeowook took out the dried leaf that was stuck on Yesung’s hair as soon as he approached the older guy. He looked at Yesung curiously and was telling him to tell him what happened with his gaze. “Did you visit her again?”

Yesung placed his glass of wine on the counter and looked at Ryeowook. “Mm. I did.”

“How was it?”  Ryeowook sat down on the stool beside Yesung and tapped his fingers on the counter. He is really curious about what his closest friend was up to, how he was feeling and how he was coping with what happened to his now deceased fiancée.

When Yesung was starting to get late, Ryeowook already had the idea of what happened. He knew that Yesung went to visit Mika once again. That’s the reason why the first thing that he did when almost everyone was done eating their dinner served by the staff was to look for Yesung, who was M.I.A. at that moment. Ryeowook went to look for him everywhere, only to find him drinking wine alone at the counter, looking as gloomy as ever.

“Just the same.” Yesung shrugged and kept his answers short. Ryeowook noticed it, and being the closest to him out of all the others, he was starting to get worried once again. Yesung was not able to handle the loss that well; he was a complete mess when Mika died, and Ryeowook thought that with the opening of the restaurant, Yesung was coming back to zero once again.

“Hyung,” Ryeowook sighed and patted Yesung’s shoulder. “If you need to talk, I’m here.”

Yesung raised an eyebrow as he looked at him. “Talk about what?”

“Anything. You can talk to me about anything, even everything. You should know that I’m here for you. We’re all here for you. You’re not alone.”

Yesung let out an awkward chuckle as he held his glass of wine once again. “What am I going to talk about? The restaurant is fine, I have it under control. Are you happy for me?”

Ryeowook wasn’t happy at all. He knew that ever since the start, opening the restaurant was not a really good idea. Yesung still hasn’t moved on completely from Mika’s death, and opening the restaurant that they planned together would just cut the wound in his heart deeper, and waste all his efforts that he used just to move on. But he just can’t tell him that. “Of course. I’m happy for you, hyung.” He just can’t add fuel to the fire just like that.

Yesung nodded with a slight smile on his face. “Thanks, Ryeong.” He drank the remaining wine on his glass and looked at Ryeowook, his previous expression filled with agony and pain already gone, as if he didn’t feel that way. “How’s school?”

“School’s fine. Our sem break just started, so I’m really free for a month.” Ryeowook smiled as he looked at the older guy. He was smiling on the outside, yet on the inside, he’s extremely worried. He doesn’t want to see his hyung like that again, and he’ll make sure that he won’t go through the same once again. “I can help in your restaurant if you want to.”

“Really?” Yesung’s expression brightened up. “You’d do that for me?”

Ryeowook nodded with a smile. “Of course, but in one condition.” Yesung looked at him with an eyebrow raised, waiting for his answer. He looked tense and curious at the same time, and Ryeowook laughed because of it. “Don’t be so tense, hyung. You just need to pay me.”

Yesung let out a sigh of relief and chuckled. “I thought you were going to ask me to do some weird thing, thank goodness.”

“Enough with the bromance, we’re up!” Kyuhyun shouted from across the hall with a grin on his face as he looked at Ryeowook and Yesung. He waved his hand in the air, calling the other two who would be singing a couple of songs with him, since it was Yesung’s request.

Yesung took Ryeowook’s glass of wine from him and finished all its contents. While wiping his lips with his hands, he looked at Ryeong and gestured that it’s time for them to take over the stage. Ryeowook smiled and hung his arm around Yesung as they walked towards Kyuhyun who was holding three microphones in hand.

“Hey.” Sungmin stood beside Rebi who was busy getting some strawberries and bread sticks from the chocolate fountain. He was walking around the hall, saying hi’s and having small talks with all of their high school friends who were present, when he saw Rebi alone on by the chocolate fountain. It gave him the idea to bother her, just like the old times. “Trying to pig out on chocolate? Don’t worry. You can have it all since it’s free.”

“What do you want, Sungmin?” Rebi looked at him as she ate a bread stick filled with chocolate. She raised an eyebrow and finished the bread stick in her hand.

Sungmin took a bread stick from her plate and dipped it in the chocolate before eating it. “Nothing. I just wanted to bother you, like the old times. How are you?”

“I’m fine.” She took a bite of the chocolate covered strawberry from her plate. “What about you? Why does it seem like you are extra nice to me today?”

Sungmin shrugged and gave her a playful smile. “I don’t know. It isn’t me who’s doing all the frowns and shouts. I think it’s you who’s extra nice to me tonight?” He grinned. Sungmin thought that maybe Rebi was just a little irritated the last time that they met (refer to chapter 12) that's w’y she was a little sensitive and easily agitated, or maybe, it was the dreadful time of the month wherein anyone should leave that specific person alone or else he/she would die. It was somehow exaggerated but that’s what Sungmin thought.

“Eew. Stop grinning. You have some chocolate on your teeth.”

Sungmin laughed and the chocolate off of his teeth before flashing a grin. “There, better?”

“You look decent.” Rebi smiled slightly as she nodded. She headed back towards their seat where Siwon and Phoebe are.

“You look good in that dress, Rebi.” Sungmin said as he followed her. After saying what he said, he felt weird and thought, why did he even say that in the first place? He was too honest. Rebi did look good, and it’s his first time to see her wearing a dress without those big glasses and even with some slight make up on her face. He must admit, Rebi looked good, but he doesn’t like where his thoughts were leading him at the moment. Don’t get Sungmin wrong; it wasn’t the kind of thoughts that you think.  

Rebi stopped in her tracks and faced Sungmin. “Don’t you dare flirt with me, Lee Sungmin.”

“I’m not flirting with you.” Sungmin just shrugged.

“Good.” Rebi nodded. “That’s . You’re basically my brother from another mother. Eew.”

“What, did you ever think that I was going to flirt with you?” Sungmin asked with an expression on his face. “Did that thought cross your mind, huh? Am I that hot, huh?”

Rebi squirmed and moved away from Sungmin as he poked her waist. It was her weak spot, and Sungmin knew it because he used to tickle her when they were younger. “Eew, Sungmin. You’re not even my type! And stop poking me!” Rebi slapped Sungmin’s hand away with her free hand, making Sungmin laugh. It really felt just like the old times.

Sungmin chuckled as he raised his hands up as if he surrendered. “Okay, okay. Don’t be such a baby. You’re not even my type. You’re way out of my league.” There was an emphasis in that last part of my sentence, since Sungmin meant it as a joke.

“You should just tell me that I am ugly instead of telling me that I’m way out of your league.” Rebi rolled her eyes and grinned as she continued to walk back towards their seat.

Sungmin chuckled and followed Rebi, since he’s headed to where she’s headed at well because he sat beside Siwon and Phoebe because he wanted to bother them. Life was that boring for Sungmin that he even wanted to bother other people’s lives.

“I didn’t know that you have friends with really great voices.” Phoebe said as she looked at the three (Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Sungmin), singing their hearts out on stage. “I’d love to have someone like that sing a song for me when I get married someday to a guy who wouldn’t call me his good friend.

Siwon blinked and looked at Phoebe, diverting his attention from his friends into the girl seated beside him. “Are you okay, Phoebe?”

He really felt like something was off. Phoebe has been really quiet the entire time that they were eating, and only talks when he asks her some questions about the food or anything. Even Rebi felt the awkward atmosphere between the two and confronted Siwon about it, who had no clue about what’s happening.

Phoebe laughed an empty laugh as silent as possible; she didn’t want to interfere with the trio’s performance. “I’m okay. Of course I’m okay. Why wouldn’t I be okay?”

“You’re silent tonight. I think something’s bothering you.”

“No, nothing’s bothering me. Trust me.” Phoebe rolled her eyes and focused her attention back to the trio who started to sing a new song that she doesn’t understand.

“Phoebe,” Siwon ran his hands through his hair and looked at her. “Are you really okay?”

Phoebe held her glass of water and finished all of its contents before looking at Siwon. “I am okay. Don’t ask me that question again.”

“You’re not okay. It's written all over your face. What’s wrong? Did you eat something that you weren’t supposed to eat? Do you feel sick? It’s my responsibility to look after you since I brought you here. Do you want someth—”

“Stop asking me if I’m okay, Siwon!” Phoebe was silently screaming, whispering these words with so much frustration. “Stop asking me if I’m okay. I’m not okay, there. Happy now?”

“What’s wrong, Phoebe? Tell me.”

“Oh you tell me what’s wrong, Siwon. I’ve had enough of this day. I can’t just be your friend, and you know that. So stop calling me a friend because it’s offensive! How can you call me a friend when it’s obvious that I want something more than just friendship? What part of ‘I like you’ don’t you get?”

“Phoebe, I didn’t know..” Siwon was at loss for words. He didn’t even know that Phoebe got offended when he called her a friend. If she wasn’t his friend, what is he going to call her when introducing her to others? Phoebe, the girl who likes him?

“Of course you don’t. You don’t really know and understand how I really feel.” Phoebe stood up and held her purse before walking away from the table.

“Hey, Phoebe, where are you going?” Rebi asked as Phoebe passed by her. She just waved at her and left without looking back.

Siwon stood up from his seat, not knowing what to do, and just followed her based on what his instincts told him.

“You messed up once again, dear brother.” Rebi said as he passed by her. “Big time!” She waved as she watched him walk out of the place.

“Where’s he going?” Sungmin asked as he stood beside Rebi, watching Siwon as he walked out of the restaurant.

“A man’s gotta do what he has to do.” Rebi smiled and went back to their seat.

Sungmin just shrugged and followed her, continuously bothering her by getting the bread sticks she got from the chocolate fountain.

“What are you doing here?” Kibum looked behind him and saw Heechul walking towards him with an eyebrow raised. Heechul eyed him from head to toe and stopped his gaze on his hand, which is holding a stick of cigarette. “Since when did you start smoking?” Heechul asked as he stood beside Kibum outside the restaurant. Kibum answered a call from a friend that’s why he went outside, and Heechul just followed him outside because he saw a pack of cigarette from Kibum’s back pocket.

“A few weeks ago, I think.” Kibum just shrugged a puffed out smoke from his mouth.

“I don’t think so.” Heechul looked at him with a meaningful gaze. Kibum looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Okay. Last semester. But I smoke ocassionally.”

“And today’s part of that ‘occasionally smoking days’, huh?” Kibum just shrugged. “You’re an adult now, Kibum. You know that. I won’t interfere with whatever decision you make in life as long as you can handle it well. But you should know that smoking isn’t good for your health. It would never be. It won’t do you any good.”

Kibum nodded. “I know. I’ll try to stop.”

“Don’t try. Do it.”

Kibum nodded with a slight smile as he looked at Heechul. “I will, hyung. Thanks.” He threw the small stick of cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

“Good.” Heechul grinned and patted Kibum’s head as if he was his puppy. Kibum just laughed and shoved Heechul’s hand away. I ju—”

“Phoebe, wait!” Heechul stopped midsentence when Phoebe passed by, followed by Siwon. The scene in front of them (Heechul and Kibum) brought them to silence.

“Phoebe, I’m sorry.” Siwon said as he stood in front of Phoebe. Because of his really long legs, he was able to catch up.

“I’m going home, Siwon. I need to clear my mind.” Phoebe kept a straight face the whole time that she was staring at Siwon.

Siwon sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He didn’t know what to do at the moment. “Do you want me to take you home?”

Phoebe shook her head. “No. Manong Danny’s here.” Just after Phoebe finished her sentence, a car stopped in front of the two of them. Phoebe opened the door and went inside, and without saying goodbye, she left.

“What did you do, masi masi ma-Siwon?” Heechul hung his arm around Siwon who was still looking at Phoebe’s car leave.

“Rebi said I messed up.” Siwon said absent-mindedly.

“I think you did.” Kibum nodded as he stood beside Siwon, watching as the car left. “Big time.”

Heechul clicked his tongue as he shook his head, mocking Siwon who was still staring blankly at the road.

“Don’t mock me, hyung.” Siwon said in a frustrated tone.

“Why do I find this funny?” Heechul chuckled. “This is am—”

“Sir,” Heechul looked behind him and saw one of Voices’ staff standing behind him. What’s he doing here? he thought. “Someone is looking for Sir Kangin. She has been looking for him since Wednesday.”

“She?” Heechul raised an eyebrow and looked at Siwon and Kibum who just shrugged. “Where is she?”

“There, sir.” The staff pointed at the girl who was standing by the bar’s entrance and gestured for her to come closer.

“Hi.” She said as soon as she reached them. “Do you know where Kangin is?”

“Do I know you?” Heechul looked at the girl from head to toe. Nope, she isn’t Kangin’s type of girl, he thought.

“No, but I think you know where Kangin is. Where is he? Can you please tell him that I need to talk to him?”

“Who are you?” Heechul crossed his arms as he looked at the unknown girl in front of him who is looking for Kangin. “And why would I let you talk to him?”

“I’m Dani.” She said. “Please. I need to see him. It’s important.”

Heechul sighed and looked at Kibum, who just nodded and went inside to call Kangin.

“What do you want from our friend?” Siwon asked politely as he looked at the girl in front of them.

“You’ll know soon. He needs to know first.”

Heechul rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Make sure you’re not plotting something evil against him or else I’ll make you regret it.”

“Don’t threaten me. I’m not here to fight or anything. I just need to see him.”

“Are you his ex-girlfriend?” Siwon asked curiously, and Heechul hit his arm in return.

“Dumbo. If she’s his ex-girlfriend, it’s impossible for me not to know her.”

Siwon nodded slowly. “Okay. But I am quite sure that you look familiar. Are you sure that you’re not someone we know? Are y—”

“What does Heechul want?” Kibum went back with Kangin and Leeteuk behind him. When Kangin saw Dani, his eyes widen. “What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk, Kangin.”

“You know her?” Heechul asked as he looked at Dani and then at Kangin.

“What’s going on?” Leeteuk asked, completely clueless about what’s happening. He looked at Kibum to ask for answers, but all the younger boy did was shrug.

“What are we going to talk about?” Kangin blinked as he looked at her. “That was a one time thing, what do you want?”

“That’s rude, Hyung.” Siwon commented.

“What’s happening, hyung?” By that time, Zhoumi and Hannah arrived. Both of them were late since Zhoumi still needed to finish his shift and Hannah waited for him. “What’s with all these?” He looked at Siwon who just shrugged. Hannah and Zhoumi just stood there, watching as the scene unfolded.

“Do you want me to talk with all of these people around?” Dani asked as she looked straight into Kangin’s eyes.

“Yes. Go on. What do you really want?” He looked straight into her eyes as well, trying his very best to keep a straight face but is already dying on the inside. What is she up to? He thought.

“I am pregnant with your child.”

 

**

I'm back with another chapter. Sorry for the long wait ;; I've been busy with school, and I still am. I'll try to update as much as possible, but expect slow updates. *^* thank you to all of those who still read this even if I seldom update <3 I sarang you all <33333

- J