III - Made in Baguio, sealed with ridiculousness

Kings of Anything

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OCs
No. of Chapters: 3/?

 

(Chapter focus: Kibum and Kyuhyun)

III

Made in Baguio, sealed with ridiculousness

 

September 8, 20xx, Sunday

KIBUM

 

“Hey, Kyuhyun, what’re you doing?” I asked Kyuhyun, who is busy with his lapto, as I sat down beside him. I placed my cup of coffee on the desk beside the couch and continued to eat my plate of Pancit Canton since I don’t really have that much time to cook real food.

“Paper.” Kyuhyun kept his answer short and continued to type on his laptop what is written on his yellow paper as a scratch. Beside him was a pile of photocopies of different books from UP Baguio’s library. Every student in the University of the Philippines knows what a ‘Paper’ is. It is the term used by the students when talking about their research paper, concept paper, reaction paper, or any kind of paper that is to be submitted to their professors. Kyuhyun turned to look at me. “What’s that?”

“Pancit canton.” I scooped some of it then popped it in my mouth.

“Gimme some.” Kyuhyun grabbed the fork from me then ate some. “I’m tired of all this instant s.”

“We’ve been eating them for almost three years, dude.” I laughed. “And don’t complain after eating my food. Who told you to eat it?” I showed him my cup of coffee before I took a sip. “Coffee?”

“Are you going to make me one?” Kyuhyun grabbed the plate from me and then grinned. “Thanks.”

I shook my head and chuckled. Aish, really. This kid. He should be thankful that he’s younger than me or I’ll take my food back.

I stood up and then headed to the kitchen to cook another pack of pancit canton for myself and also, to make another cup of coffee. Kyuhyun needs to keep his self awake since it looks like he still has a long way to go before he finishes his paper. “You can have my coffee, Kyu.”

“Thanks!” Kyuhyun grinned as he continued to eat. He placed his laptop on the desk and focused on eating.

Kyuhyun and I are both studying in the University of the Philippines Baguio campus. I am majoring in Language and Literature, while Kyuhyun is majoring in Computer Science. Both of us are in our third year already, and we live in an apartment together here in Brentwood Village which is near the Teacher’s Camp in Baguio city.

Our apartment isn’t that big, but it isn’t that small either. Its size is perfect two people to live in. Our parents rented this apartment for the two of us ever since we started college here in Baguio city. It’s a two storey apartment in the middle of the village. The walls outside are cream and brown, just the same as the ones inside. In the first floor is the living room and the kitchen and dining are with one bathroom, and upstairs is our room—we have a room to ourselves, and a guest room that our parents use when they visit us. We sometimes make it a storage room of used paper that we acquire every semester as our readings in different subjects.

Since Kyuhyun and I don’t know how to cook that well, we settle on instant food— instant noodles, oatmeal and canned goods like sausages, meat loafs and sardines. Even our coffee is instant: just pour hot water and then it’s done. We sometimes order pizza or fast food when we are too lazy to cook. Kyuhyun and I have been living that kind of life for almost three years, and the two of us would only get to eat real food in school during our lunch breaks or whenever we go home once in every two months.

“Don’t you have anything to do?” Kyuhyun asked as he stood up, holding the empty plate in his hands as he walked towards the sink. He opened the faucet and started washing the plate that he used.

“I still need to review for my LE (Long Exam; a term used by UP students) in Math 11.” I took a fork then stirred the noodles in the pot. It isn’t cooked yet. I placed the lid back on the pot then poured some water on the electric water heater that my mom brought for him last June then plugged it in the electric socket. It’s for my coffee.

Kyuhyun chuckled as he wiped the plates dry before placing them back on the rack. “Good luck with that. I almost failed that subject.”

“Well, that was because you were too busy playing DoTA that’s why you didn’t even have time to study,” I turned off the stove, placed the pot on the sink then drained the water from the noodles. “Even though you’re a math genius, you still need to study.”

“I know, and I learned my lesson. Kean scolded me because of that.”

“Kean?” I blinked as I looked at Kyuhyun. Who is he talking about? I don’t even know that person.

“Yes. Kean. She’s the one that I told you about. We’ve been friends since the first year; we were classmates in our Tae Kwon Do class.”

“Oh.” A plain nod was all that I did as he mixed the seasoning with the noodles. Kyuhyun talks about her sometimes, but I really am not paying attention most of the time. “How come I never met her? UPB is such a small campus, but I never saw her nor talked to her. I don’t even know what she looks like.”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “Dunno.” He sat on the kitchen counter then stirred his cup of coffee. “Maybe she was in one of your classes, yet, you’re too busy reading your book that’s why you didn’t even notice that she’s the one that I had been talking about.”

I just shrugged as he sat down on the chair and placed the plate of pancit canton on the table. “Is she your girlfriend?”

A loud laugh escaped Kyuhyun’s mouth. I blinked as I looked at him, surprised with his sudden outburst of laughter. “Hell no! She’s nothing but a friend, dude. Don’t put meanings in things like this.”

“But a guy and a girl can b—”

“Stop reading too much fiction, dude. A guy and a girl can be friends, nothing more. We are the best example.” Kyuhyun jumped down from the counter then tapped his shoulder. “Seriously, you’re like a girl. You love reading fictional things, even romantic ones.”

“Nicholas Sparks’ novels aren’t plain love stories. It’s not like Twilight.” Since I do major in Language and Literature, I read a lot of books. There are times wherein I read some of the classic works of literature like Pride and Prejudice, but there are times wherein I try to read the books that are slowly gaining popularity. I somehow like Nicholas Sparks’ works.

“Twilight. UGH.” Kyuhyun shivered at the thought. “We watched it, right?” I nodded. “Now I regret watching it a few years ago. It made vampires look cute! Vampires are supposed to be scary, you know. A vampire should be mapagmatyag, mapangahas, matanglawin!”

“Shut up.” I shook my head as I laughed. Kyuhyun really loves to watch that show. “Stop watching tv, Kyu. You’re such an avid fan of Kuya Kim.”

“Why? Is something wrong with that? He’s smart, you know.” Kyuhyun grinned as he crossed his arms.

“Push mo ‘yan.”{Push mo 'yan - an expression used by Filipinos that is like trying to insist that something is right/correct (not sure tho, it's based on how I understand it. mian *^*)}

Kyuhyun just laughed. “Anywho, I sh— wait.” He fished his phone out of his pocket then checked the message that he just received. “Ooooh. Siwon’s a man now.”

“What?” I looked up at him and then blinked. What a sudden statement, Kyu. It really is random and out of the blue.

“Didn’t you receive Sungmin’s message in Line?” He took a quick glance at me before focusing his eyes once again on his phone since he is busy typing a reply to Sungmin.

“My phone’s in my room.” I just shrugged.

“Go get your phone.”

“Too lazy.” I waved my hand in the air and then grinned. I know that he’ll let me borrow his phone.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Lazy . Here.” He handed the phone to me a few seconds after he sent his message. See? Told ‘ya he’ll give it to me. A grin is plastered on his face as he waited for the my reaction.

“Is this for real?” I tried my best not to laugh after seeing the caption of the picture sent by Sungmin. It says:

SIWON IS A REAL MAN NOW. HE MADE OUT WITH A GIRL LAST NIGHT. LOOOL

{Photo: Siwon kissing a girl on the lips}

TOO BAD YOU WEREN’T ABLE TO SEE IT FOR REAL. IT WAS SUCH A SCENE, VERY ENTERTAINING TO WATCH. LOOOOL – SUNGMIN

“You saw it yourself.” Kyuhyun took his phone away from me, and I ended up laughing with what Sungmin said. I find it really hard to believe. Siwon’s always been the nicest guy among all of us, and never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine Siwon making out with a random girl inside a bar. There was even a time wherein I thought that Siwon wanted to become a priest and that he will enter the seminary soon, but the picture proved me wrong. Siwon never wanted to be a priest, or will even think of being one. I was just hallucinating.

“I even thought that Siwon wanted to be a priest!”

“Everyone had the time wherein they thought that Siwon wanted to become a priest or a monk or anything like that.” Kyuhyun grinned before he made his way back to the couch where he left his laptop open and continued where he left off before he washed the plate that he used.

I only laughed before I proceeded to wash the dishes. We really are missing on a lot of events in Bulacan.

**

September 10, 20xx, Tuesday

KYUHYUN

 

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun.” Kibum tapped my shoulder before he sat beside me. I am in our school’s cafeteria, mentally grieving over a math exam that I failed. I sighed before covering my face with my hands. Can this day get any worse? “What’s wrong with you?”

It is a sunny Thursday afternoon in Baguio City, but my mood was the opposite of the weather. I can perfectly say that a gloomy aura is surrounding me. Blame that freaking math exam that I failed. Dang, if only I knew, I could’ve studied harder. But what am I supposed to do? I was working on a paper as well. It’s really hard to procrastinate. Damn.

“Don’t talk to me.” I hissed as I rubbed my face roughly. I am not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I just want some alone time with my blue book (something that looks like thin notebook that UP students use for their LEs).

“What’s the passing mark?” Kibum might have guessed the reason for my ty attitude this afternoon. Dang, that Math 101 exam is freaking hard. Even if I tried my best to study with the little time and notes that I had, I still failed. Damn. Damn. Damn, I don’t want to re-take this subject in the summer!

“Sixty-five.”

“Do you know your score?”

I shook my head and then scratched my hair. I know that I look like a zombie already—I look stressed and there are huge bags under my eyes. I really am having my hell days because of the paper and that freaking long exam.  “I haven’t looked at it yet, and I am not planning to.”

“Do you want to know how you did?” Kibum nudged me. A playful smile is slowly formed with his lips when I looked at him.

“Say it.” I rested my head on the table then shut my eyes close. I really am nervous because of that long exam. I know that it is my fault since I didn’t manage my time properly and finished the paper a week ago, but still. I was busy procrastinating and I can’t help it. Also, I don’t have that much notes in that subject, so it kinda makes sense that I failed the exam. I know that I failed the exam, I can feel it. I just don’t know and don’t want to know how bad I did. A math genius needs to study; I can’t be that good in every field of mathematics.

“You passed, . Cut it out.” I heard him laugh as he hit my head with the blue book.

Tangina naman. Don’t joke around!” I slammed my hand on the table. I would certainly punch his arm if he’s joking. “My life depends on that!” {Tangina naman - shortened version of putangina; naman - again (?)}

“You’re exaggerating.” Well.. yeah. I was exaggerating. But still. I have a valuable reason to exaggerate.

“Just tell me! I know I failed! Tell me how bad I did.”

“You didn’t! You passed.”

“Gago.”

“Gago ka din.” Kibum laughed. “You passed, okay? Take a look at it.” He threw the blue book at me and then stood up. “I’ll just buy something to eat. Enough with the drama, drama queen.” {Gago ka din - saying that the other person is 'gago' as well. }

I was left in my seat dumbfounded with what I just heard. I picked up the blue book from the table then turned it around slowly. A failing mark was what I am expecting. I already set my mind after the exam that I will fail; I don’t want to put my hopes up so much. It’s hard to assume because you’ll only get hurt in the end. Wait, am I even talking about exams? Scrap that part. That is freaky. Anyways, even though I know that Math is my field of expertise, Math 101 is still too much for me, plus the general electives and the major subjects that I am taking this semester. I really allot time for studying because I have a hard time in remembering things, unlike Kibum, who just needs to read it once then he can relax after. But the last week was something different. I was loaded with things to do, and I didn’t know where to start. So I ended up procrastinating and cramming when the deadline is near.

I closed one eye as I slowly looked at the result of my exam. Oh please, oh please, don’t be so heartbreaking.. I chanted in my mind as I slowly looked at the written results. The following is written on the front page of the blue book:

I      14
II      9
III   17
IV    19
V       7
--------
     66

“.” was all that I can say at the moment. It struck me real hard. I passed. My insides are slowly rejoicing at the moment and my brain is slowly processing the information. It took a few minutes for it to sink in, and when it did, I laughed really hard, looking like a mad man who is happy for no reason. Damn, I passed Math 101! With just one point!

“What makes you so happy, huh, Kyu?” Kean, my girl best friend here in UP, suddenly appeared beside me and sat across me. She then placed her bag on the table. Curiously, she poked me, who was still busy laughing. “Hey, don’t ignore me!”

Besides the guys, I have been good friends with Kean Louise Perez ever since our first year in college. She was my classmate in my first PE2 class which is Taekwondo, and I loved to that time since she gets irritated easily. After some time during that first sem, she got used to it and started teasing me back, and that brought us closer to each other. Even though we don’t beling to the same degree course, we always find time to meet and talk during our breaks. She’s majoring in Communication, and I swear, she really writes well. She’s just lazy and she just has so many things to do that’s why she doesn’t write recently. I just read one of her works during our second year before she stopped writing, and it’s the only fictional thing that is romantic that I read in my whole life. She made me read it, and threatened that she’ll spill some secrets to my current girlfriend that time if I don’t. Even though we’ve been friends for years, she still hasn’t met Kibum.  It’s either Kibum’s out of the house whenever she goes there, or he’s locked up in his room, watching movies or reading books or doing anything that keeps him busy. Kibum really isn’t the type to be friends with a lot of people, well, besides us of course. He’s a natural introvert; I just don’t know how we all became friends. Well, that’s another story for some other time.

“I passed Math 101, Kean Perez!” I stood up then shook her shoulders because of too much happiness.

“Really?” Kean’s eyes widened. She grabbed the blue book from me and then took a quick glance at the score written on the front page. “Susko, Kyuhyun, congratulations!” She patted my shoulder then smiled proudly. Well, she looked like my mom when she smiled.. and that is ing weird.

Whenever I meet her this week, I would always rant about how I would fail this LE in Math 101. Even when we talk on the phone, or anything, I can always look for a perfect timing to say, ‘Puta, Math 101 will be my downfall.’ And then we’ll start talking about my upcoming exam, and how I will fail it. She would always tell me, ‘Instead of talking to me, just review and shut up.” Well, that’s my best friend, everyone. She sure knows how to make me feel better. “All of those times that you wasted ranting about how you will fail your exam were useless!”

“I know!” I grinned as I stared at the blue book in my hands. I will certainly have this lifesaver exam framed, and I will display it in my room to remind me of how awesome I am since I passed Math 101.

“I told you, you’ll pass. No matter how hard you try to fail an exam, you just won’t. You’re still a math genius after all.”

“Shut up.” I copied her favourite line with the eye-rolling thing. That’s what she does to me most of the time whenever I or tell her anything that she doesn’t like.

I grinned as I kept my blue book inside my bag. “What time are you going home later?”

“Mm..” she tapped her chin as she thought. “Two-thirty, why?”

I looked at my wrist watch. It’s almost 12nn. I am craving for pizza right now, and I want to give myself a little treat for passing that freaking monster math exam. “Let’s celebrate! My treat!”

“Don’t you have classes?”

“My last subject starts at four in the afternoon. I still have four hours.”

“Sure thing!” Kean nodded with a grin then looked at her wrist watch. “Anyway, I need to go. I still have classes. Let’s just meet after an hour? I just dropped by because I saw you laughing like a mad man and I got curious. Bye!” she patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder then got her bags and made her way out of the cafeteria.

“Who was that?” Kibum asked curiously as he reached our table. He sat down beside me and then placed his plate of food and a bottle of C2 on the table.

“Kean.” I grinned as I held my bag tightly in my arms. “I passed.”

“Told ‘ya.” Kibum chuckled as he started eating his plate of food.

“You missed the chance to meet her again, dude. What took you so long?”

“The line’s long.” He opened the bottle of C2 then took a sip.

“Anyways, what time are you going to get dismissed today?”

“Five-thirty. Why?”

“Do you have some free time in the afternoon?”

“Now is my only free time. My class starts at one-thirty.”

“Boo hoo.” I laughed. “I was thinking of treating you and Kean some pizza in Greenwich this afternoon but looks like you won’t be going with us.”

“Just bring some pizza home for me tonight.”

“Sure sure.” I took the other piece of chicken from Kibum’s plate then started munching on it. He frowned at me but I just shrugged with a grin on my face. “How was your Math 11 exam?”

“I passed.” Kibum smirked as he looked at me.

“What’s the passing grade?”

“Fifty.”

“And what did you get?”

“Fifty.” Kibum grinned.

“You lucky .” I shook my head in amusement as I laughed. I got some tissue from my bag then placed the chicken bone on it. I always call Kibum lucky since he always passes his exams even though he doesn’t study for it. That’s freaking unfair, right? Damn his photographic memory.

“I really am.” Kibum smiled as he finished his meal. He wiped his mouth with his handkerchief then took a sip of his drink.

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes. Dang, I’m getting used to saying Kean’s favourite line. I should stop. I sound gay.

I suddenly felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and quickly got it. “Yesung’s calling. I wonder why.” Kibum just shrugged as he watched me take the call. “Hello?” I put my phone on loudspeaker so that Kibum can hear what Yesung is going to say as well.

“Hey Kyu, what’s up?” Yesung asked.

“I’m with Kibum right now.”

“Hey hyung.” Kibum greeted.

“Hey Kibum.” Yesung chuckled. “Don’t you have classes?”

“It’s our free time right now.” I answered. I’m too happy to answer in a sarcastic way, which is what I usually do whenever I talk to them, so I decided to be nice. “Anyways, what happened last Friday night? Sungmin sent us a picture of Siwon making out with a girl in your bar.”

“Oh, that.” Yesung laughed hard. “Sungmin took it. He had always been our messenger. Did he even tell you that Heechul went to Divisoria?”

“For real?” Kibum tried hard to control his laughter. Just the mere thought of Heechul going to Divisoria was hilarious. I can imagine him being a diva and all, shouting at the vendors there just because things didn’t go like the way he wanted it to. Kibum had always been close to Heechul ever since they were young, and he was always someone that he would go to if he needed an advice. I am close to Heechul as well, but Kibum and Heechul are much closer to each other.

“Yes, for real.” Yesung’s laugh can clearly be heard from the other line. “Anyways, the one about Siwon. We all decided to meet at my bar that night, and things got a little out of control. Siwon got really drunk, you know how he is when he’s drunk.” Siwon is a monster when he gets drunk. Enough said. “..and when he went to the bathroom to pee, he never came back. We just saw him in the dance floor dancing with a random girl that we guess he just met on the way back, and a few minutes after, a drunken Sungmin suddenly shouted that Siwon is making out with a girl. And ta-dah, our ever so reliable messenger took a photo even though he was really tipsy and sent it to the two of you, and to the others who weren’t there at the moment.”

“Which are..?” I asked curiously with an eyebrow raised.

“Ryeowook, Henry, Hangeng and Zhoumi.”

Kibum shook his head as he laughed. “I never thought that Siwon can do something like that. It’s the first time.”

Well, it’s the first time that Siwon did something like that. We were able to stop and control him before. I just don’t know what happened that night. I should’ve been there, I think seeing those guys drunk would be fun.

“All of us thought, too. You should’ve seen Heechul’s expression when he woke up because of Sungmin. He almost killed the guy, but when he saw what Siwon was doing, his jaw almost dropped. Donghae was dazed, and Eunhyuk who was drunk as well looked really surprised, like some hit him in the head hard and brought him back to reality.” Yesung chuckled. “I was busy talking to one of my employees but when I heard Sungmin— yes, I know what you’re thinking. His voice is loud enough for me to hear; only the ones in the dance floor weren’t able to hear him shriek. I immediately came running towards them thinking that someone got hurt, but he only pointed at Siwon.”

“What did Siwon say?” I asked in an amused tone. What I heard is really hilarious. I can even imagine Heechul strangling Sungmin, and it is one of the funniest sight that anyone would love to see. There are times wherein Sungmin can get really irritating, but I’m used to it since we were always together when I was still in Bulacan. I kinda miss him, and this is so gay. But wait, Eunhyuk got drunk? I thought he doesn’t drink? “Oh, and Eunhyuk got drunk? For real?

“I still haven’t talked to him yet. I guess Donghae did, and yes, Eunhyuk got drunk. For the first time. We’ll just give you an update, or just ask Sungmin about it. Maybe he knows already. He’s like the guy version of Kris Aquino. He just can’t keep his mouth shut.”

Kibum laughed. “We know. Sungmin can’t keep secrets that well.”

“We all know that.” Yesung chuckled. “Anyways, when are you two going home?”

“We still have a month before our semestral break. Why?”

“You guys know that I’m opening a new restaurant, right? I bought the space beside the bar.”

“Yeaaah.” I nodded slowly. I smell something fishy..

“And I want everyone to be there.”

“Spill it out, Yesung.” I grinned. “I know you have some hidden agenda right there, under your sleeves.”

Yesung chuckled. “You know me so well, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“I am that awesome, you know.” I laughed, and Kibum just shook his head as he chuckled. I know Yesung so well, after going through different summer gigs, singing in different bars. He wouldn’t call me first not unless he needs something from me. ..or he just misses me? I don’t really know.

“I want us to sing on the opening, you, me and Ryeowook.”

I knew it. Ha. I really am awesome. “When’s the opening?”

“13th of October.”

“Sure. We’ll be home by that time.”

“Really?” Glee can clearly be heard in Yesung’s tone. “Don’t worry, I’ll let you eat in my restaurant for free in a week.”

“Naaah. No need.” I chuckled. “It’s fine, really. And besides, I missed singing with you and Ryeong.”

“I know. I do, too. Ever since you and Ryeong entered college, I st—”

“Enough with the cheesiness, Yesung. I know it already, no need to say it to my face. Enough with the bromance, dude. Gross. So gay.”

Kibum hit my head gently as he chuckled. “Don’t be so mean.” I wrinkled my nose and rubbed my head as I looked at Kibum who only grinned at me. Aigoo.

“Thanks, Kibum.” Yesung said and then chuckled softly. “Anyways, I need to go. I still need to check some things in here. Thanks again, Kyu. See you soon. You, too, Kibum. Study well, okay? Bye!”

“Yes. Bye!” I hung up then placed my phone back in my pocket. “I really want to go home right now. I miss Bulacan.

“I’m going home this weekend.” Kibum played with the empty bottle of C2 in his hands. “Do you want to come with me?”

I sighed. “Dunno. I’ll try. If I won’t have some papers or LEs to study for on the weekend, I would.”

Kibum nodded. “Sure sure.” He looked at his wrist watch then gathered his things. “Hey, I need to go. I still need to go to the library to get some readings.”

“Sure sure.” I waved as Kibum left. I took out my laptop from my bag and started to play DoTA, my very effective stress reliever. {DoTA - Defence of The Ancients; equivalent to Starcraft}

**

September 13, 20xx, Friday

KIBUM

 

“Heechul hyung.” I held my phone with my other hand as I looked for my seat inside the bus. I held my ticket on the other and looked for my seat number. I’d feel better if someone would not sit beside me. It’s five in the afternoon, and I’m going home to Bulacan for the weekend. “I’m going home this weekend.”

“Really?”

“Yup. I’m in the bus now.” I finally found my seat, seat no. 24, and settled down. “I’ll be arriving in Cubao in about..” he took a look at his wrist watch. “Maybe at midnight.”

“Mm. Okay. Is Kyuhyun with you?”

“Nope. He still has some papers to work on.” He took out a bag of chips from his bag then opened it.

Heechul chuckled. “Poor Kyu. Anyways, you’re still welcome here in my apartment, okay?”

I nodded with a smile. “Sure thing, hyung. Thanks.” I stay with Heechul hyung whenever I go back to Bulacan ever since I started college. My family went back to South Korea two years ago to continue the family business that dad left when he came to the Philippines with us. I chose to stay behind since I already started college, and I don’t think I’ll be able to adjust once again when I go back to Korea. And besides, I have the hyungs who watch over me. I stay with them during holidays since I can’t go back to Korea yet. I promised my dad that I’ll come back when I graduate college. I only have a year left before I can see them once again. Dad left me in the hands of Heechul hyung, since he knew Heechul hyung ever since we became friends. I don’t really know if it’s a good idea, but so far, it is.

“Arasseo. Have a safe trip, okay? See you tonight.”

“Yes hyu—”

“Oh! Buy me some strawberries!”

“Yes hyung. I did already. Bye.” I hung up then placed my phone in my bag’s pocket. I opened a bag of chips and started munching on it as I looked outside, watching the people inside the bus terminal do their own thing. It fascinates me how people live their lives, that’s why I love to stay at places where there are lots of people, and just watch them live their daily lives. I know it sounds creepy, but I really do that.

“Yes, ma. I’m in the bus now. I’ll see you later.”  I looked up and saw a girl placing her bag in the space above the seat beside me. She was busy talking to someone in her phone as she settled on her seat. “Yes, yes. See you. Bye.”

I blinked as I looked at the girl beside me. She seems a little familiar, and it feels like I saw her somewhere around Baguio already. Maybe I have, since she’s here, idiot, my unconscious said. That does make sense.. I raised my eyebrow as I looked at my bag, thinking deeply about the thing that is bothering me. Where did I see her? I really can’t remember.

The girl beside me started looking through her bag for something, and when she got up she hit her head on the handle of the seat in front of her. “Ow..” she rubbed her head as her lips formed a pout.

I tried hard to control my laughter because I found her actions cute and funny at the same time. I diverted my gaze outside in order to hide my expression from the girl sitting beside me. I still can’t remember though..

“Hey, Kyuhyun.” I blinked as I heard Kyuhyun’s name escape the girl’s lips. It struck me like lightning. The girl beside me is Kyuhyun’s good friend, Kean. “Yep.. Shut up!” she chuckled softly as she played with her backpack’s straps. “I’m inside the bus now. Don’t worry.. yep, in fact, I am sitting beside an oppa,” she took a quick glance at me and then looked at her backpack again. “He’s cute.. he won’t understand me, of course! Shut up.” I chuckled softly after hearing what Kean said. I saw her eyes suddenly widen for a few seconds, but she shook her head as if she was trying to remove something off of her mind. “No, no! There’s only a 0.01% that this guy beside me is your friend.. Shut up. And so? Maybe he took another trip, or is sitting on the other part of the bus. Don’t make me nervous, okay? I don’t want to embarrass myself if he really is Kibum.. Shut up, Cho Kyuhyun! I’m hanging up. Do well on your paper, okay? Bye.” She placed her phone back in her bag’s pocket and rested her head on it.

I poked Kean’s arm. She looked up at me and then blinked. “Yes? Do you need anything?” I offered her some chips but she just shook her head. “No, thank you. I’m fine.” She gave me a small smile.

I smiled back at her. All throughout the trip, I kept silent since she fell asleep. I’ve been thinking of ways on how to introduce myself to her without her feeling embarrassed, but I figured out that it can never go that way. Might as well make it epic.

Just when she was about to leave the bus when we reached the terminal in DAU, I pulled the strap of her bag, making her look at me with confused eyes. She blinked. “Yes?”

I gave her a smile which made her more confused than she already is. He. I think this is going to be a really funny memory for the two of us. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Kean. I am Kibum, Kyuhyun’s friend.”

 

**