XIV - How to take over the world – the super junior way

Kings of Anything

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 14/?

 

(Chapter focus: Everyone)

XIV

How to take over the world – the super junior way

 

October 10, 20xx, Thursday

 

“Kyu, nasa Pilipinas pa ba talaga tayo? O umuwi tayong lahat ng South Korea ng ‘di natin nalalaman?” Sungmin asked with an eyebrow raised as the nine of them (Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Hangeng, Heechul, Kangin, Donghae with Aiden, Eunhyuk and Zhoumi) stood by the small are right across SM Baguio’s entrance. Shindong and Leeteuk went to the parking lot to look for a spot for the two cars that they used to come to Baguio. Right now, these guys are amazed with the sight that welcomed them as soon as they got of the car. It was just like the sign along Kennon Road that says, ‘Welcome to Baguio City, the Summer Capital of the Philippines’, but instead, it says: ‘Welcome back to your motherland, South Korea’. [Kyu, nasa Pilipinas pa ba talaga tayo? O umuwi tayong lahat ng South Korea ng 'di natin nalalaman? - Kyu, are we still in the Philippines? Or we all went back to South Korea without us knowing?]

Sungmin was right with what he said, for wherever you look; to the left, to the right, in front or behind you, Korean people can be seen everywhere. A large group of Korean children are seated on the floor right beside Starbucks at the left side of the mall’s entrance. Just across them, another group of Korean teenagers were waiting in line by the taxi lane, standing in circle like they are in some secret meeting or anything like that. Also, a few Koreans can be seen walking around the mall, walking in pairs or by groups of threes or fours.

It’s ten in the morning, and all of them just arrived in Baguio City. Kyuhyun told them to meet him at SM Baguio because it’s more convenient for him since he still needs to go back to school a little later. The others also wanted to eat breakfast because all that they did throughout the whole ride was sleep, except for Leeteuk, Kangin, Shindong and Hangeng who took turns as the drivers in each car. Hangeng also suggested that they buy some food supplies that they’re going to consume during their whole stay in the city. Kyuhyun just finished his last exam and hurriedly went uphill (literally) to meet with the guys that he hasn’t seen for so long. Kibum, on the other hand, is still at UP, taking his final exams in different subjects.

“Yes, we’re still in the Philippines, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun tapped Sungmin’s shoulder as he smirked, and went straight into the mall’s entrance, with the others following him. Sure, they are attracting a lot of attention from the passers-by. You think a group of good-looking Korean guys and a cute little boy wouldn’t attract attention?

“Where are we going to eat? I’m hungry and tired.” Hangeng said as he removed his sunglasses and then rubbed his tired eyes. “Can we rest for a while later?”

“Yeah, sure.” Kyuhyun said as he browsed his phone. “But I still need to go back to UP at 12nn. I’ll take you to our place so that you can rest for a while and then Kibum and I can tour you guys around the place by 2PM or 3PM.”

“That sounds great.” Donghae said as he rubbed his son’s back. Aiden laid his head on Donghae’s shoulder. He looked tired and sleepy, and it can clearly be seen on how he is acting at the moment. Aiden wasn’t able to get enough sleep because of the zig-zag road going up to Baguio City, and he had a hard time trying to sleep because he forgot his favourite stuffed toy which is Pororro. “Aiden is really tired and sleepy.”

“Aigoo. Our little boy is tired, huh?” Kangin said as he ruffled Aiden’s hair, receiving a weak small nod in response. Kangin chuckled softly and kissed Aiden’s temple when suddenly, his phone started vibrating inside his pocket. Leeteuk is calling and he quickly answered the call while Aiden’s hair with his other hand. “Hello Teuk?”

“Stop flirting with every girl that you see, Sungmin.” Heechul said in an irritated tone as he rolled his eyes, holding Sungmin’s arm, pulling the younger boy closer to him. “Yo—”

“I’m not flirting with them.” Sungmin answered with a sly grin on his face and looked at Heechul. “I was just being fri—”

“Friendly.” Eunhyuk said with a sarcastic nod, not fully convinced with what Sungmin said. “Yeah, sure.”

“Exactly.” Sungmin grinned and wiggled his eyebrows as he looked at the two guys beside him who just scoffed.

“You’re too friendly for your own good.” Zhoumi said with an amused expression on his face, but it was clear that he isn’t happy with what Sungmin is doing at the moment.

“I believe I heard that somewhere..” Sungmin tapped his finger on his chin as he thought while Kyuhyun hung his arm around Sungmin’s shoulder.

“Where did you hear that line? From one of your girls, huh?” Kyuhyun flashed his well-known smirk and tapped Sungmin’s arm.

Sungmin laughed and punched Kyuhyun’s chest gently. “Since when did Rebi become one of my girls, huh?” He shook his head in amusement. “And hey, since when did I have those girls?”

“Do you want me to tell you exactly when and how, Lee Sungmin?” Heechul flashed a smirk as he eyed Sungmin. “And why?”

Sungmin blinked and shook his head. It was something that he would never want to talk about, ever. “No, thank you.”

“Where do you guys want to eat?” Kangin asked as he looked at his friends who are engaged in their own conversations, his phone still near his ear. “Teuk hyung asked. They’re on their way here from the parking lot.”

Suggestions were unclear for all of them tried to talk at the same time. No matter how old these guys get, they’ll always be the high school students that they were when they all met whenever they are together. There are just some things that would never change even after a long time. People change, they changed, but their friendship remained the same.

“Hey, hey!” Kangin, being the oldest one present at the moment, waved his hand in the air to make everybody stop and focus their attention at him. “Don’t talk at the same time, okay? One at a time, please, and state your reason. You start, Sungmin.”

“Gerry’s grill.” Sungmin said. “I’ve been craving for some calamares in the past days.” [calamares]

“Pizza hut.” Donghae said as he rubbed his son’s back. “I want some pizza.”

“Pizza Hut.” Eunhyuk said and tapped Donghae’s shoulder. “Same reason as Donghae.”

“KFC.” Hangeng said. “I want some chicken.”

“They also serve chicken in Pizza Hut.” Donghae said as he looked at Hangeng.

Hangeng nodded, and then crossed his arms. “Okay, I’ll go with Pizza Hut as well.” He smiled.

“Mang Inasal.” Zhoumi said. “I love their chicken.”

Kangin looked at Heechul, and the latter just shrugged. “I’ll be fine wherever you guys want. Majority wins, right?”

Kyuhyun shrugged as well. “I don’t know. Let’s just eat anywhere since I’m hungry already.”

“Okay then, we’ll eat in Pizza Hut.” Kangin said and then grinned. “Teuk, we’ll see you guys in— Oh, there you are!” He waved at the direction of the escalator, where Teuk and Shindong were walking from. “Cha, let’s all eat!”

 

“Hyukkie, hold Aiden for a while.” Donghae said as he looked at Eunhyuk who is seated beside him. Eunhyuk nodded, and carefully carried Aiden and settled him on his lap, the little boy holding a spoon tightly in his little hands. Eunhyuk offered him some pizza but the latter refused, saying that he’ll eat one a little later. Donghae carefully took out his DSLR camera from its bag and assembled it while listening to the other guys’ conversations.

A few minutes ago, the guys were busily arguing why they chose to eat at Pizza Hut and blamed Donghae, who innocently said that he wanted pizza and made the other boys laugh. Their meals came one by one, including the two large plates of 14” pizza which made their mouths water. All of them are busily chatting about random stuffs, jumping from one topic into another upon the mention of a certain word, and mostly, about Heechul’s big project that can lead to the big break that he always dreamed of.

“If you wanted to have a big break,” Zhoumi said after swallowing a piece of chicken inside his mouth. “Why didn’t you join fashion reality shows like Project Runway Philippines or the Metro something on ETC channel?”

Heechul shrugged and took a bite of his slice of pizza. “Dunno. I’m too awesome for those kinds of things. And besides, you don’t know how hard it is to brainstorm and make clothes in one day.”

“That’s right,” Kangin said after popping the last piece of pizza inside his mouth and used a fork to point at Heechul. “And besides, can you imagine Heechul in that show? He’ll be frustrated and annoyed with anyone and just unleash his inner when he’s stressed.”

(Has anyone of you watched Project Runway? Imagine Heechul in those VCRs or individual interviews, rolling his eyes, frustrated annoyed or anything. Lol, I think it’ll be funny since I have imagined it already. Hihihi)

Kangin’s statement made everybody laugh except Heechul who just rolled his eyes and scoffed as he tortured his plate of spaghetti with his fork, completely annoyed that he’s the main star of the laughing fit at the moment, and Donghae who just smiled as he took some photos. In every trip that they plan, Donghae makes sure that he can come so that he can take some pictures of the scenery, his friends and of Aiden of course. He keeps them as remembrance because just like what he said before, nothing lasts forever, well, pictures last longer, might as well keep these memories ‘til they last.

“Watch your words, Youngwoon. Aiden’s with us.” Shindong said and patted Kangin’s shoulder.

Heechul rolled his eyes and kept on torturing his pasta with his fork. If his meal could talk, they could’ve thrown endless curse words at Heechul. “Yeah, talk about me like I’m not here at the moment.”

“Oh, yeah.” Leeteuk said as he tried to contain his laughter in order to be able to speak. “And almost every time, he’ll be irritated or annoyed.”

“Yeah, you just repeated what I said. “Kangin said and then laughed, hitting Leeteuk’s arms who looks like he’s about to die because of too much laughter. He even had tears in his eyes.

In the midst of the laughing chaos that’s in front of him, Hangeng managed to calm himself down and look at Kyuhyun, who is seated beside him. “Hey, what time is Kibum going to come?”

“He still has another exam until two-thirty. Maybe he’ll eat lunch at school or at home.” Kyuhyun said before taking a bite of his slice of pizza.

“Let’s just order for him before we leave. That kid would surely be tired and worn out because of his exams.” Eunhyuk suggested as he wiped the spaghetti sauce off of Aiden’s mouth with a piece of tissue paper.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea.” Sungmin said and then nodded. “Kibum gets a little lazy to do anything sometimes— even to eat when he’s too tired or worn out. What does he want, Kyu?”

“Order one meal A and C.” Kyuhyun said. “I’ll pay for it.”

“No, no. I will.” Hangeng said and then smiled.

“Okay then.” Kyuhyun smirked and then took a sip from his drink, leaving Hangeng dumbfounded for he hoped that Kyuhyun would still insist on paying. Well, Kyuhyun will always be Kyuhyun. Hangeng’s reaction made Sungmin and Eunhyuk laugh as they shook their head in amusement because of Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun will always be Kyuhyun, Hangeng thought and smiled.

 

 

“Cheers!” Everyone raised their bottles of soju and clanked then together before taking a sip. Eunhyuk was holding a bottle of C2— he doesn’t want to drink again and repeat what happened during the first and last time that he ever drank alcohol. (refer to chapter 2.) He promised his self, and Donghae, the one who took care of him when he got drunk, to not drink alcohol and get drunk ever again.

It’s nine in the evening and all of them just got home from their itineraries for the day. After their lunch, Kyuhyun brought them home so that they can bring their things inside the apartment and rest for a while. Kibum arrived at two-fifty in the afternoon, and after three hours of rest, all of them went to Wright Park twenty minutes later. The older guys didn’t really appreciate the place that much because it’s a place that kids would usually enjoy. They only went there for Aiden, and they were happy to see the little boy having fun. They just made fun of the horses and said that it looked like Siwon. They even took a picture with the pink-haired horse that Sungmin and Aiden rode and sent it to Siwon. They only went to Baguio City to enjoy the weather that Bulacan didn’t have, to enjoy the view of the pine trees around the place and to buy some fresh Ube Jam from Good Shepherd as their pasalubong for their own families. For dinner, Kyuhyun and Kibum brought them to a famous restaurant in Baguio City which is Good Taste Café and Restaurant. They all enjoyed their meal, and it was all thanks to their two tour guides namely, Kibum and Kyuhyun.

“What, you don’t want to drink again?” Donghae said with a grin as he looked at Eunhyuk who is busy drinking his bottle of C2.

Eunhyuk laughed and wiped his lips after drinking almost half of his drink. “Yeah, never, ever. It’s the worst feeling, and I would do anything just to avoid feeling that way again.”

“The hang-over?” Donghae said, trying to contain his laughter.

“Yes. And everything about it.” Eunhyuk laughed. “I will never do that again. Never, ever.”

“Good then, because I would never want to take care of a drunk person ever.” Donghae said and then chuckled softly before taking a sip from his bottle of soju. “And you talked about nonsense that night. You’re really funny, you should’ve seen yourself. I should’ve taken a video of you that night.”

“Guys, Siwon’s on!” Hangeng said as he placed Kyuhyun’s laptop on the small table in front of the couch where Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Kangin and Sungmin are seated. Siwon’s on the screen through Skype. “Hey, Siwon.”

“Hey guys.” Siwon said as he waved and smiled. “Hey Shindong, take care of my car.”

“Yes, sir!” Shindong saluted and grinned. He borrowed Siwon’s car, a Montero Sport because his car isn’t fit for the trip.

“Hey Siwon,” Heechul said and waved at him lazily. “Don’t drink alone.”

Siwon raised an eyebrow, and reached for something that isn’t captured by the camera. He removed his reading glasses with the other hand and showed a bottle of beer on the screen, with a grin on his face. “I’m drinking already.”

“Then don’t get drunk.” Leeteuk said and pointed at Siwon with his finger. “You always get in trouble when you’re drunk. Remember that night in Yesung’s bar? You disappeared for a few minutes and then the next we saw you kissing a random girl.”

“Why didn’t I know that?” Hangeng asked with a confused face.

“Because you weren’t there,” Kangin said in a matter-of-factly tone.

“But I sent it to everyone on Line!” Sungmin said.

“I don’t check my Line account.” Hangeng said and then shrugged.

“Well, that makes sense.” Kyuhyun grinned.

“Anyways, how’s your trip?” Siwon asked then took a sip from his bottle of beer. A notebook and a pen are in front of him, and also, the edge of a book can be seen on the screen as well.

“It went well. It’s just a little tiring.” Leeteuk said.

“Ryeowook and Henry are on as well,” Kibum said, and then placed the laptop beside the other.

“Heeeeeeey guys!” Ryeowook waved and grinned. Henry is seated beside him, earphones plugged in his ears, nodding his head to the beat of the music he was listening to. Ryeowook tapped his shoulder and Henry looked at the screen before waving.

“Heeeeey everyone!” Henry grinned as he removed his earphones, placing it right in front of the laptop.

“How are you two doing?” Kangin asked.

“We’re good. Exams are pretty tough.” Ryeowook said as he munched on a bar of chocolate.

“Well, I don’t have exams at the moment, so yeah. I’m just chillin’.” Henry said then wiggled his eyebrows, making the older guys laugh. Henry is just too cute that they can’t even resist him. “I really wanted to go there with you, but dang. I still have classes.”

“Then go study harder. Let’s try to schedule another trip wherein everyone could come.” Leeteuk said with an assuring smile.

Upon hearing what Leeteuk said, Henry’s expression brightened. “Really, you’ll do that, hyung?”

Leeteuk nodded. “I think it’ll be great if everyone could come.”

“Yah, Lee Hyukjae, who’s this Jeremie Crisostomo?” Almost everyone heard Donghae, who’s busy with Eunhyuk’s phone. Everyone looked at them, including Siwon, Ryeowook and Henry. “She sent you a friend request on Facebook. Do you know her? Should I accept it or not?”

The other guys turned to look at Eunhyuk. He looked at Donghae with confused eyes. Never in his wildest dream did he think that Jeremie would add him on Facebook. That was another step towards making his decision— whether he’ll go for her or not. “Err.. M—”

Eunhyuk was interrupted with Henry’s loud laugh that can be heard from the laptop. Everyone turned to look at the youngest boy who was busy laughing. “Dang, your reaction is priceless, hyung! I should’ve done that earlier!” Eunhyuk blinked, totally confused with what’s happening. “I was the one who added you on Facebook. I pressed the button a few hours ago while she was looking at your profile.”

“Wait a minute, wait a minute.” Zhoumi said. “I feel so lost. I can’t keep up. We can’t keep up with what’s happening. Who is Jeremie? And what on earth is happening?”

“My friends, our Eunhyuk hyung is in love.” Henry said, his expression was a little dreamy and his hands clasped tightly together near his chest. He looked cute yet mocking, and afterwards, he started telling the whole story about Jeremie, making the guys laugh because of the charger incident and teasing Ryeowook about it.

Eunhyuk on the other hand, was just silently staring at his phone with Donghae beside him. Dongahe patted his shoulder and ruffled his hair. “Dude, it’s just a friend request. It’s not like she’s asking you to marry her or anything.” Eunhyuk nodded. “She’s the same girl that we were talking about the other night, right?”

Eunhyuk nodded and then sighed. “I’m still contemplating on whether I should go for her or not.”

“Tell me, you’re still scared, right?” Eunhyuk sighed and reached for the bottle of soju, but before he was able to do so, Donghae held his arm and stopped him. He raised an eyebrow at the guy beside him. “No more alcohol, remember?”

“Calm down, mommy. I wasn’t going to reach for the soju.” Eunhyuk chuckled and reached for the pack of potato chips which is exactly beside the bottle of soju.

Donghae laughed before scratching his head. “I was just being cautious.” He patted Eunhyuk’s back before giving him a warm smile. “Do whatever you think will make you happy, don’t be scared, don’t live in the past. You need to move on with your life.”

“I j—”

“I told him that already.” Sungmin suddenly appeared behind them, holding a bottle of soju in one hand. “But he won’t listen.”

“He won’t listen to you, but he will listen to me.” Donghae said and then stuck his tongue out at Sungmin, making the other two laugh.

Sungmin turned to look at Siwon, who’s busy talking to Kibum and the other guys. “Hey, Siwon. How’re things with Miss Phoebe Grey?” The other guys grinned and cheered for Siwon. Everyone knows Phoebe already, thanks to Sungmin, their fabulous messenger.

Siwon rolled his eyes then chuckled. “Do you really need to bring that up, Sungmin?”

“Oh, yes I do.” Sungmin smirked before drinking the last drops of his first bottle of soju.

“Mm. Well, she called me last night, and we just talked about random things.” Siwon said with a sarcastic look on his face. “Are you happy now, Sungmin?”

Sungmin shrugged. “Not really. I was expecting something more, Siwon.”

“We’re just friends, Sungmin. What are you thinking?”

“Dude, it’s obvious that the girl likes you.”

“We’re friends, Sungmin. Nothing more.”

“From the way I see it,” Donghae placed his empty of bottle of soju on the table and then looked at Siwon. “Parang nililigawan ka ni Phoebe, e.” [Parang nililigawan ka ni Phoebe, e. - It looks like Phoebe is courting you.]

“Oo nga, oo nga!” Ryeowook and Henry said at the same time, nodding their heads. [Oo nga - in the context, used as I agree]

“Stop it,” Siwon waved his hand in the air as he rolled his eyes. “Let’s not talk about it, okay?”

“Why not? Do you not like her?” Sungmin wiggled his eyebrows as he grinned.

“I never said that.”

“Phoebe’s nice.” Heechul said as he sat down beside Hangeng, he just got back from the bathroom. Annabeth called him a few minutes ago, informing him about the deadline of the clothes which got delayed because the movie shooting got delayed as well, meaning, more time for Heechul to procrastinate. “You should date her. I like her for you.”

“Wow, himala.” Kangin looked at Heechul with his mouth wide open. “It’s the first time for me to hear you saying that you like one of our girlfriends!”

“She’s nice.” Heechul shrugged. “Why, do you have a girlfriend at the moment?”

Kangin blinked, taken aback by Heechul’s sudden attack, and was only able to shake his head. “I don’t have one.” Heechul looked at Kangin with a playful smile then laughed. Kangin threw a pillow at Heechul and the latter was able to block it. Kangin wrinkled his nose. “Why? Wala ka din namang girlfriend a!” [Wala ka din namang girlfriend a! - You don't have a girlfriend yourself!]

“I don’t need one at the moment.” Heechul mocked Kangin. He turned to look at Kbum who is opening his second bottle of soju. “Yah, Kibum. Stop drinking. You still have exams tomorrow right?”

Kibum stopped halfway, half of the lid open already. “But it’s only my sec—”

“No buts.” Heechul said and then looked at Siwon, knowing that Kibum will do what he said. The younger boy follows him well, he’s his only family left in the Philippines, not biologically though.

“You like her because she’s almost like you.” Kangin said with a grin.

“I know.” Heechul smirked and took Kibum’s unopened bottle of soju, making the younger boy raise an eyebrow.

“DADDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” Aiden’s shout can clearly be heard from Kibum’s room, where the young boy is sleeping. Upon hearing this, everybody looked at the direction of the room, while Donghae, on the other hand, quickly stood up and went to the room to check on his son.

“Yesung’s on. Finally.” Hangeng said as he placed Donghae’s iPad in front of the two laptops, revealing a sleepy-looking Yesung in the screen, who is still busy rubbing his eyes with his hands.

“Did we wake you up, sleepyhead?” Leeteuk asked and then chuckled softly as he looked at Yesung’s sleepy expression.

“Kinda.” Yesung yawned and then tapped his cheek. “I am still in the office. Voices is packed with people tonight.”

“Your business is going well these days, huh?” Kangin said and then took a sip from his bottle of soju.

“Yep, thanks to the students of CEU and the Korean students of BulSU.” Yesung chuckled and rested his head on the headrest of his chair. “You will all be home by the opening of the restaurant, right?”

“Yup, we wouldn’t miss it.” Sungmin said with an assuring smile.

“And also, the free food!” Shindong raised his fist in the air with a hopeful look in his face.

“Shindong!” Everyone said in chorus. Almost half of the guys laughed and rolled their eyes at Shindong.

“At least he was honest.” Yesung chuckled.

“Yeah, at least I was honest.” Shindong grinned then looked at Yesung. He gave him a nod and smiled. “Thanks.”

“Hav—” Yesung was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell, and everyone looked at the door.

Kibum stood up from his seat and looked at them. “I’ll get it, back to your business.” The other guys went back to what they were doing before they were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. He took a look at his wrist watch as he walked towards the door. Who would come visit us at ten thirty in the evening?

Kibum opened the door, and was surprised with who the person is. It was the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time of the day.

“Is Kyuhyun t-there?” It was Kean, biting her lower lip, with an unexplainable expression on her face. Her facial expression was a mix of sadness, anger and fear, and Kibum can clearly see it. He nodded, and called for Kyuhyun.

“Who’s th—” Kyuhyun stopped halfway in his sentence as soon as he saw the visitor.

As soon as she saw Kyuhyun, she broke down.

**