I - Today, our lives begin

Kings of Anything

 

 

{As you can see, I deleted all of the chapters since I am editing them. OTL and I am taking way too long than I expected. OTL forgive me. anyways, I am back~ I'll continue to post the edited chapters hopefully until next week (If I finish all of those freaking fifteen long chapters of super junior madness lols) I changed it into 1st POV since it is something that I am used to, and I know that I can express it better if I write as the speaker. There were minor changes, you can read it for more details about what's happening. I also added the dates when the following scenes happened. If there are no dates indicated in a new POV, it only means that it happened on the same day as the one before it. So yeah, I give you the first chapter with Heechul. I will be back sooooon for the next chapter.}

 

 

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 1/?

 

(Chapter Focus: Heechul and Sungmin, Donghae and Eunhyuk)

I

Today, our lives begin

 

September 5, 20xx, Thursday

HEECHUL

 

“Are you sure that we’re going to Divisoria, Heechul?” Sungmin asked curiously as he drove. He took a glance at me for a few seconds and focused his attention on the road once again. “Divisoria is crowded, you know. Not your type of thing.”

I removed my prada sunglasses and looked at Sungmin. “Do I look like I am joking, Sungmin?”

Sungmin just shrugged. From the look that he is giving me at the moment, I can tell that he really can’t believe that I, Kim Heechul, is really going to Divisoria. Yes, you heard me right. I am going to Divisoria. “But still, why are we even heading to that place? You usually order your fabric online. Why not do it now?”

“I researched on the internet for the cheapest yet the weirdest fabric in the Philippines, and Divisoria is the nearest place.” I grabbed the small pillow from the backseat and placed it behind my neck, trying to find a comfortable position out of the most uncomfortable position that I have ever been to in my twenty-six years of existence.

“Are you for real, Kim Heechul?” Sungmin asked in an amused tone as he glanced at me. “You’re looking for the cheapest fabric? What happened to the guy who likes pricey fabric for the precious clothes that he makes?”

“I’m running out of money, okay?” Irritation is obvious in the way that I said it. The heat of the sun plus the uncomfortable position that he I am in now spoiled my mood, and when Kim Heechul’s mood is ruined, it will never be the same again. Trust me. I’ve been through worse— this is just a warm up. Never mess with my mood if you still want to live.

I massaged my temples and closed my eyes, trying to ease the throbbing pain in my head because of the headache. I am never the type of person to go out or travel whenever the sun is up. Even though I live in a tropical country and this kind of weather isn’t new for me, this kind of environment brings out weird reactions from my body. The heat in Manila is different from the heat in Bulacan, it is worse. Add the pollution, the noise and everything. This really isn’t my kind of thing.

At the age of 26, I, Kim Heechul is trying my very best to create a name in the fashion industry. Making clothes is my passion, but I never settle for the usual. The kind of clothes that I make reflects my personality; therefore, you wouldn’t see the kinds of clothes that most people wear in my shop. I know that only a few people appreciate my sense of style, but I don’t really care. Looking for people who appreciate my works is like looking for a needle in a stack of hay. That only means that I’m not part of the population who follows trends, I am the one who will create future trends. I am never a follower, I tend to compromise. Following trends is like letting the society dictates who you should be and letting it take over your life, and that’s something that I never liked. I am me, despite the things that the people around me wants me to be. I am Kim Heechul, and no one can ever change the fact that I am not like the rest.

Well, you might be wondering why I keep on talking about the heat and the weather. As you can see, I am obviously not in South Korea. My family migrated to the Philippines in the year 1995 and in here, my dad started his business and succeeded in that field. My dad is the owner of a company that provides construction supplies for different companies in the Philippines and even in abroad. Being his only son, he wanted me to take over the business when he gets older than he already is. Well, I have a sister, an older sister, but she is already married and is living with her husband in Batangas, I guess? I am not good with places. But I am never the type to do business like that, and my dad never like it. He wanted me to take a course that is related to business and I think those kinds of things are boring. Not my type of thing. I decided to live away from home, and pursue what I really wanted.

During those times, I am really thankful to my mother and my sister. If it wasn’t for them, I don’t know how I would have survived my four years in college. Since I don’t have a job at that time, my mom would sneak out and give me some money for my tuition fee and my allowance while I was still studying in SoFA (School of Fashion and the Arts) in Makati. Whenever mom can’t go out, my sister would send me some money she spared from their business. She isn’t living a really wealthy life unlike my father, but what she and her husband earn is enough for their needs and sometimes, their wants.

Those four years were like heaven and hell for me; heaven, since I was doing something that I really love the most, and hell, because of the consequences that I faced because of pursuing that dream. Nevertheless, I never regretted running away from home and living independently just so I could do what I really want. I think it is all worth the risk, even though it haven’t really paid off.

After graduation, I rented my own space and started a clothing store with the little money that my mom gave me as a gift for graduating. I also asked her to stop sending me money because I want to earn it myself. I want to know how it feels like to use the money that you really worked hard for the things that you need and you want, and trust me. It feels great. My mom insisted on me having the credit card that she gave me before I left the house, I only use that card when I am in extreme need. Also, she gives me some gifts during my birthday and on Christmas. Even the car that I am using at the moment is my birthday gift last year.

“What happened to your card?”

Sungmin’s voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts. I gave him a look before shrugging. “Dad cancelled it. He found out that mom still insisted on me keeping it.”

“Your savings?”

“I’m running out of money. That freaking apartment eats it all.”

Sungmin laughed. “Oh, I know why. Who wouldn’t run out of money when your apartment has centralized air conditioner in it? Oh, and take note, even your shop has one. Now tell me, who wouldn’t run out of money if they live such a luxurious life?”

“Shut up.” Well, partly, what Sungmin said is right. But, is it my fault that I get a headache whenever it’s too hot? And to make things worse, I can’t work well with that freaking headache. I need to keep myself healthy, you know.

I threw whatever I grabbed at Sungmin, and it was my iPod. I don’t really care if it breaks, I still have my phone. Luckily, Sungmin caught it and placed it back on the dashboard. “Aren’t we there yet?”

“We’re stuck in the traffic, Heechul. We still have a long way to go. We’re only here in A. Bonifacio Avenue.

I groaned and rubbed my forehead. The headache is getting worse. “Please remind me every time my purpose why we’re heading to that place.”

“You’re running out of money, Heechul. You’re going to be poor.” Sungmin grinned as he rested his head on his seat, trying to relax because cars won’t move because of the heavy traffic.

“Shut up.”

Sungmin laughed. “Kidding. Anyways, why did you even ask me to go with you?”

“Jungsu’s busy. Hangeng is busy selling tikoy in their family’s restaurant.” Hangeng selling tikoy was a ‘joke’ that I made during our high school years and is used until the present time. It wasn’t really a joke since Hangeng really sells tikoy. Hangeng’s family owns a Chinese convenience store and restaurant in Guiguinto, and they make the best tikoy and hopia in Bulacan. Trust me, it is the truth. During Chinese New Year, Hangeng sends each one of us a box of tikoy and hopia. I really don’t like eating hopia and tikoy, but still, what they make is the best. “Kangin, I don’t know. Yesung is busy with his bar. Shindong’s in Pasay, and working. Eunhyuk, naaah.” Sungmin laughed after hearing my comment. All of us know that Eunhyuk is probably somewhere around Manila, or is busy with his students in La Salle. Busy with what? It’s up to whoever hears it to think about things that can make him busy. “Donghae’s day off is today, after a month of non-stop work and I know that he will spend it with his son. Siwon, as far as I know, he’s busy as well. Zhou Mi’s sleeping. Ryeowook’s in UST, Henry in Benilde and the two boys, Kibum and Kyu are in Baguio.”

Sungmin raised an eyebrow as he looked at me. The cars around the place are still frozen on the spot where they are because of the heavy traffic. “So you think I am not busy?”

I shrugged in a playful manner and gave him a smirk. “Depends on how you put it.”

Sungmin just laughed. “Man, that hurts. I am a busy person as well!” He shook his head in amusement. “I don’t even know how we became friends!”

“Don’t worry. I also am thinking how we became friends. How all of us became friends.” I smiled. I seldom smile, you should all know that. It’s always a smirk.

I don’t really remember exactly when or how all of us became friends. From what I remember, it all started with a basketball game during Jungsu, or Leeteuk as call him, and I’s third year in high school. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t play baskeball that time. I just watched them from the bench where I was seated while I drank a bottle of mogu mogu. But anyways, it was Leeteuk’s team, composed of him, Donghae, Kangin, Hangeng and Yesung, against Shindong’s team which is composed of him, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, Kibum and Ryeowook. As far as I can remember, Ryeowook also didn’t play that time. He only held the bag of the others in Shindong’s team and cheered every time they scored.

After that game, we unconsciously hung out with each other almost every week, basketball game after the other, and that’s how it goes. We all studied in an international school in Bulacan. As for Zhoumi and Henry, we met them a little later. Zhoumi is Hangeng’s cousin who came here to study college and stayed until the present time, and Henry is Ryeowook’s friend who he introduced a few weeks after taking college exams in UST. It turns out that Ryeowook and Henry were childhood friends, but they lost contact since Henry’s family moved to Canada.

Sungmin just shrugged as he tapped on the stirring wheel, smiling innocently like a five-year-old kid as we made our way through the traffic. “Hey Heechul.”

“What.” I said in an irritated tone with my eyes still closed, not really minding what he has to say.

“I have a good idea that can make your shop famous in just a blink of an eye.”

With it, my eyes suddenly shot open. “What is it?”

“I will model your clothes.” Sungmin grinned.

I sat up and glared at him. “Stick with your job. I’m fine with mine, don’t mess with it.”

“Well, for your information, mister, I love my job.” Sungmin grinned and wiggled his eyebrows, and it only made me roll my eyes.

“I love my job as well so shut up.”

Well, Sungmin looks like he really loves his job as a model since he is always surrounded with girls. This playboy, really. As for me, I am self-employed. I have no boss, but myself. I work for myself, and I like it. The others have different jobs as well.

Leeteuk works as the branch manager of Shakey’s in Tikay. He does it for fun, and he really loves to eat pizza.

Hangeng is busy managing their family’s convenience store and restaurant. You know, those tikoys and hopias and other things Chinese.

Kangin is still busy looking for a job after resigning from Carworld in Crossing because he says that it is getting boring already. Seriously, he never had a really decent job. With decent, I was talking about a job that will last for this person who gets bored most of the time.

Yesung owns a bar in The Cabanas and is planning to open up a restaurant as well. He really is a businessman.

Siwon owns a Christian bookstore in The Cabanas as well, located right across where Yesung’s bar is, and is a Values Education teacher in the high school department of Holy Infant School. Trust me, you’ll laugh whenever you will see what his class looks like, especially the boys.

Shindong works as a chef in Marriott Hotel in Pasay. He loves to eat, and he makes the best dishes in the world. I’m not exaggerating; I’m just expressing my support for a friend.

Eunhyuk is a licensed engineer but works as a part time choreographer for some students in La Salle. From what I remembered, La Salle also offered him to teach in the Engineering department, but he declined it since he knows that it is a serious job, and Eunhyuk is a guy who is seldom serious. Most of his dance students are girls, and with that, you can already think of things that can make him busy.

Donghae is a professional photographer. From what I remember, he works for Summit Media, the one who produces Candy Magazine and all those other teenage-focused books.

Zhoumi works as a call center agent in Makati during the day. He says it only is temporary, since he is still reviewing for his bar examinations. He failed during his first try, but he is still pushing his luck into passing the bar exams. I know that he can do it, he’s just distracted and is not that motivated.

The youngest ones among us— Ryeowook, Kibum, Kyuhyun and Henry— are still studying. Ryeowook is studying in UST or University of Santo Tomas, majoring in Theater Arts. This kid really loves to sing and to act. Kibum and Kyuhyun are both studying far from us, in the Baguio Campus of the University of the Philippines. Kibum is majoring in Language and Literature since he loves to read, and I think he also writes fictional novels, but I’m not really sure. Kyuhyun is majoring in Computer Science since he likes to work with computers and laptops and anything that involves technology. Henry, the youngest among us, is studying in De La Salle College of Saint Benilde, and is majoring in Music Production. Now, this kid, is the most talented among us. He knows how to play different instruments, he sings and dances really well, he composes songs, and is really cute.

 All of us are pure-blood Chinese and Korean, but all of us have our own reasons why we still insisted on staying in this country. But I really am not sure with the others so I will just keep my mouth shut instead of saying lies.

“Be thankful that I am free today or else you’d be suffering alone in this heat and this heavy traffic. Manila really is a crowded place.”

“That’s the reason why I stayed in Bulacan after college.”

Manila is a good place as well,” Sungmin shrugged and then started driving as the cars moved slowly. “Except the traffic and the pollution and all those s.”

“And because of the girls.”

Sungmin grinned as he wiggled his eyebrows. “Yes, because of the girls. Th— hey!”

I hit him in the arm with the pillow behind my neck out of irritation. “When will you stop playing with girls?” I never liked this side of Sungmin— the playboy.

I threatened to hit him with my elbow, and Sungmin tried his best to cover his self using his free arm. “Do it and we’ll die!”

“Aish.. this kid.” I shook my head as I leaned back on the window. I crossed my arms as I closed my eyes once again. There really is nothing that I can do with this man. Only a miracle can change him.

“You know, you don’t have fa— OH MY GOD!” Sungmin suddenly hit the break and it made both of us almost jump out of our seats. His eyes were wide and his mouth agape due to shock. And me, I am wide eyed and frozen on my seat, staring directly at the guy seated beside me. I almost died, and it’s his fault.

“What the was that, Sungmin?” I glared at him as I hit his arm. If looks could kill, I swear, he’s dead right now. Double dead pa nga e.

“Oh my ing gosh.” Sungmin ignored me and unbuckled his seatbelt. His eyes was still focused outside, and I don’t even know what he is looking at for him to ignore me. After unbuckling his seatbelt, he went straight outside, without taking a glance or look at me. What the..?

Out of curiosity and irritation, I unbuckled my seatbelt as well and followed Sungmin outside. Cars behind mine started honking, telling us to move and stop blocking the driveway, but we just can’t. Not when my driver slash friend is busy dealing with some unknown thing that is yet for me to discover in a few seconds. “We’re busy!” I shouted at them as I scratched my head. Dang, the heat is really getting into my nerves, and it makes me more impatient than I usually am. With the addition of the noise that the cars behind mine are making. Dang, can this day get any better? “What the hell happened, Lee Sungmin?!”

“Miss, are you okay?” Sungmin said as he helped a girl stand up and pick her bags that are scattered on the ground at the moment. I think, from what I am seeing at the moment, Sungmin almost ran into her. It’s him, not me, since he’s the one holding the stirring wheel.

The girl murmured something I was not able to hear as she stood up, with the help of Sungmin. She tried her best to pick up her bags but Sungmin stopped her.

“I’ll get it, I’m sorry. Are you hurt somewhere?” Sungmin held her arm and guided her as she walked towards the sidewalk. He picked up the paper bags from the ground and placed it beside her. I saw him look at me and signaled for me to help, but I just scoffed. I’m not in the mood to help some damsel in distress at the moment. All that I want is to get my damn fabric and go home.

“Heechul, a little help, please?” Sungmin said as he settled the girl down on the chair given by the sidewalk vendor. “In the first place, it was our fault.”

“It’s not!” I scratched my head out of irritation. How did I get dragged into this freaking situation? “It was her fault! She crossed the road even if the sign said not to!”

“I was in a hurry..” the girl said as she thanked Sungmin when he handed her the bags.

“Don’t mind him, okay?” Sungmin smiled at her, and patted her shoulder. Oh goodness, Sungmin and his swift moves on girls.

“YAH!” I screamed and he just laughed as he looked at me.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" The girl shook her head. “Where are you headed? We can take you there, as an apology for what we did.” Sungmin ran a hand through his hair as he looked at the girl. This is Sungmin’s way of picking up girls, he uses his charms, and it never failed him, I think. But it looks like this time, I think it failed. Ha. In your face, Lee Sungmin. He ne— wait what? We’ll take her there? No, no. I won’t let that happen.

“I never said that we would!” Out of too much, take note, too much irritation, I walked towards the place where Sungmin and the girl is. “It’s her fault, not ours!”

“We will take her there!” Sungmin widened his eyes at me, trying to convince me to comply with what he just said.

But instead of agreeing, I did the opposite. “No.”

“Yes!”

“It’s my car!”

“But I’m driving it!”

“Still, it’s my car!”

“Fine then, go to Divisoria by yourself.” Sungmin crossed his arms as he raised an eyebrow at me, knowing that he will win the argument with this statement. Damn, Lee Sungmin. You know me so well. “I can go home by myself after bringing this girl to her destination. Can you carry all those pieces of fabric that you’re going to buy?”

My eyes widened in anger but I tried my very best to calm myself down. This is not the place where you can strangle that man, Heechul, I thought. Calm down and just deal with him later. I gritted my teeth and turned to go back to my seat, since I know that I lost this ing argument Knowing someone for so long can be helpful at times, but in this kind of situation, it isn’t. “FINE!”

Sungmin grinned and did a high five with the girl. He helped her walk towards the backseat and went back to the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

“Is this guy your friend?” I heard the girl ask Sungmin as she sat comfortably on the back seat. “..or your boss?”

We’re on our way to ABS-CBN, to the place where this unknown girl works, unfortunately. Sungmin is driving comfortably; thank goodness we got through the traffic. I may look like I am sleeping since my eyes are closed, but the truth is, I’m not. I am wide awake. My headache just got worse and I am trying my very best to ignore the pain since I know that I still have a long day ahead of me. It’s just the start, but because of this unknown girl who is seated at the back seat, we took a detour and delayed our schedule. Sungmin, on the other hand, is busy getting to know the girl. He really doesn’t know when or where he should unleash his flirting skills. Duma-the moves si Sungmin, and that irritates me. {Duma-the moves si Sungmin - idk how to explain this.. but it's like flirting with girls? something like that. sorry *^*}

Sungmin laughed. “He’s not my boss. He’s my friend. Even though he looks like my boss because of the way he talks and acts.”

“Really?” the girl said in a surprised tone. I still don’t know her name, and I am not planning to, since I know that I would never see her again and being nice to her is unnecessary.  “You’re too nice to be this guy’s friend.”

“He’s nice. He’s just a .” Knowing Sungmin, I know that he has a wide grin all over his face and wiggling his eyebrow at the girl behind us.

“Yah, Lee Sungmin.” I said with my eyes still closed. “Don’t talk about behind my back.”

“Oops.” Sungmin chuckled. “Looks like he’s awake.” I heard her chuckle from the back seat. “Anyways, why are we taking you to ABS-CBN?”

“I work there.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Ooh. Interesting.” Sungmin said. “Maybe you can, you know. Help me get in there soon? I really want to work on screen, you know. Like commercials or anything like that because I feel like I am destined to be there.”

I scoffed. This guy really is desperate to get famous. Sungmin always wanted to be an actor; he just doesn’t know how to start. He always gets rejected at auditions because he really isn’t actor material. It seems like acting isn’t really meant for him that’s why he entered modeling as an alternative. He thought that maybe, he should take things slower. But being 25, can he still take things any slower if he’s getting old to be in the industry? But his face says the opposite. The older he gets, the younger he looks. Weird, isn’t it? That’s just the magic that Lee Sungmin has. And I have that magic as well.

The girl chuckled. “I am not in the position to do that, Sungmin. But I’ll try my best.”

“Really?” I took a quick glance at him, and I can see that Sungmin’s eyes are sparkling in delight as he looked at her through the mirror. You can practically see his ears moving due to too much happiness.

The girl smiled at him. “I’ll try my best.”

I saw her take a glance at me for a while and I quickly closed my eyes. To them, I might look like I am sleeping but actually, I am not. I felt her presence closer behind me, but I don’t care.

“Is he gay?” I heard her say, and with this, Sungmin burst out laughing. What the hell. Do I look gay to her? Is it my fault that I am born fabulous and awesome?

Grabe, almost everyone asks me that question.” He wiped the tears of happiness in his eyes and tried his best to calm himself down to be able to answer her question. “Heechul is not gay, nor will he ever be. He’s just a little y.” {Grabe - an expression used to express exaggeration; wow, but not literally}

“Call me a once again Lee Sungmin and I’ll chop your head off.” I opened my eyes and glared at Sungmin. The hot weather isn’t really helping to make my mood any better, and I am so frustrated that my plans got pushed back because of the stranger sitting behind me in my own car. I am a busy person, I have lots of things to do with my life unlike other people.

“And you, woman.” I glared at the girl seated behind me through the mirror. “It’s not my fault if I am way prettier than you even if I’m a guy. Being this good-looking doesn’t make me gay. So just shut up when you have nothing good to say.”

She just leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms. She tried her best to avoid my glare and mumbled something to herself, which I am not able to hear, and I don’t give a about it.

I wore my sunglasses once again and fished out my iPhone and earphones from my duffel bag. I plugged the earphones in it, put on the earphones and raised the volume of the music so that I won’t be able to hear their conversation.  What I heard is enough, and I do not want to anger myself more. I just want to buy my damn fabric and make clothes in my apartment. The volume of the music is really high; it was loud enough for Sungmin and her to hear, but I really don’t care. I focused my gaze on the view outside, which isn’t really that good so I just decided to play some weird game with my phone. I turned off the music since I am not in the mood anymore, but I kept my earphones in my ears.

“I’m sorry for his attitude,” I heard Sungmin apologize. “He isn’t usually like that. He’s just irritated because of the heat and the traffic in A. Bonifacio. He’s nice, really.”

I saw her scoff. “Looks like he’s not. Anyways, you can drop me there, Sungmin.” She pointed at the MRT station. “I still have things to do before going back to the station.”

“Are you sure? Is your foot okay now?”

“I can live with it.” She fished out a card from her pouch and handed it to Sungmin as he parked the car beside the sidewalk. “Here’s my calling card. If you need anything, just call me. It’s my way of repaying you for this.” She gave him a warm smile as he got the calling card from her. “And tell your friend that I said thanks. See you soon!”

Sungmin waved as he watched Annabeth get off. He stared at the calling card and smirked. “Annabeth Carlos. Mm.. You’re my first step to stardom.”

I only rolled my eyes.

 

**

September 6, 20xx, Friday

DONGHAE

 

“I’m busy, Hyukjae. Cut it out.” I hissed through the phone as I watched my son, Aiden, who is seated beside me, his eyes focused on the television screen. He’s busy watching Porroro. “You think I can bring Aiden in Yesung’s bar later?”

Yes, at the age of twenty-four, I, Lee Donghae, is a single father to a three-year-old boy named Aiden, and I am proud of it. My son is something to be proud of: he’s smart, he’s cute, and most of all, he’s loving. And he’s all that I have with me in here, besides my friends of course. I live in my apartment with him and my dog, Bada.

Eunhyuk laughed. “The noble father is still noble. Have some fun, Lee Donghae! Today is Friday, and tomorrow is Saturday, and that means..?”

“It’s the weekend?” I raised an eyebrow, not really sure with my answer. I really don’t get what Hyukjae is trying to tell me.

“Gago.” Both of us laughed, since I know that what I said is far from what he is trying to tell me. What can I do? I at these kinds of things. “That just means that you don’t have to go to work tomorrow! The boys are going to Yesung’s bar tonight; almost everyone is going, well except for the young ones who are still busy working their asses off at school.” {Gago - curse word; idiot (not sure though)}

“You make it sound like we’re old.” Eunhyuk just laughed at my response. “Anyways, I’ll think about it.” I patted my son’s head as he snuggled closer to me. I smiled and then pecked Aiden’s head. “It’s easy for you to say that because you don’t have a son, unlike me. And you only work during the weekdays.”

“Hey, I work during weekends too! The students from La Salle call me every two weeks to learn new moves.” Eunhyuk is a licensed engineer, and also works part time as a choreographer/dance teacher for some students from De La Salle University during the weekends. He loves to dance, that’s why he put that ability into good use— teaching others, and at the same time, earning money from it.

“Aigoo. You also hit on those young girls, don’t you?”

“What do you think of me, a e?”

“Sort of.” Both of us laughed. There are times wherein Sungmin’s playboy side possesses Eunhyuk and he turns into a flirty creature. I don’t know when, how or why, but I don’t like seeing that side of him. It isn’t him; it isn’t the Hyukjae that we all know. “Anyways, I’ll still try to go. I can’t leave Aiden here alone.”

“I’ll ask mom to take care of Aiden. She adores your son so much. She even asked me to get married and make a photocopy of Aiden.” I heard Eunhyuk sigh, and it made me laugh. I think he still isn’t ready to settle down. He still doesn’t have a girlfriend, how is he supposed to produce a baby? He can’t do it by his self.

“Naaah, no need. I’m taking too much of her time. Tell Auntie I said hi.” Eunhyuk’s mom is really nice. She’s like my second mother here in the Philippines, since my mom and my brother went back to South Korea a few years ago. She takes care of me and Aiden well. Moreover, she loves my son treats him like her own grandson. Aiden stays with him during the weekdays whenever I go to work, and I am very thankful to her because of that. I don’t know how I will be able to survive in this country alone, taking care of my son, if it wasn’t for her.

“Mom, Donghae said hi!”

“Oh, say hi to him for me, honey. And to Aiden too!” I heard Eunhyuk’s mom say. I chuckled. Aww, I miss her homemade lasagna.

“There.” A grin is obvious from the way Eunhyuk said the word. “Anyways, how’s Aiden?”

“He’s busy watching Pororro. He doesn’t even talk to me. Pororro really is my greatest rival.” What can I do. Aiden loves Pororro so much. I think he ranks higher than me at some times. Aigoo.

Eunhyuk laughed. “He’s really growing up fast, isn’t he?”

I nodded, as if I was talking to him in person. “I know. That’s the reason why I take a lot of pictures of him— so that I can keep track of time.”

“Enough with the drama, dude. ‘Di bagay.” {'Di Bagay - it does not suit/fit you}

“I know.” I chuckled. I have been working as a freelance photographer ever since I graduated college. Most of my works are for Summit Media, for their magazines and other stuffs. There are also some times wherein I work for special events like weddings and birthdays but I choose my clients really well. I work my off, and I will never settle for an okay. From the feedbacks that I received, my works are the best that they had so far. “Any—”

“Dada,” Aiden said as he tugged at the hem of my shirt. He calls me ‘dada’ instead of ‘daddy’ or ‘appa’, and I don’t know why, but I find it cute and unique.

“For a while, Hyuk.” I looked at Aiden and gave him a smile. “What is it, mm?” I ruffled his long hair that almost looks like a bowl that stuck on his head. I like his hair like that, but I try my best to not let it irritate his sensitive skin.

“I am hungry, dada.” He pouted as he rubbed his stomach.

“What do you want to eat?” I stood up and stretched my arms to reach for my son, and he willingly went to my arms and hugged me tightly. I’ll never get tired of these things.  

I walked towards the kitchen with Aiden and made him sit on the counter. I rummaged through our food supplies in the refrigerator, took out a pack of Aiden’s favorite biscuits and showed it to him. “This?”

Aiden grinned and nodded; stretching his arms out and did grabby hands as I walked towards him with the pack of biscuits in my hands. This biscuits are something that he can’t resist, these are his favorite. I smiled at the sight of my son acting cutely. I just can’t get enough of his cuteness.

“Yah, Hyuk,” I placed my phone between my left ear and my shoulder since my hands are busy opening the bag of biscuits for Aiden. “Talk to you later. Still have some daddy duties to do.”

Eunhyuk chuckled. “Go ahead. See you tonight.”

“I’ll try.” I hung up and then placed my phone beside Aiden who is busy munching on his favorite biscuits. I kissed his forehead and watched him eat. “Hey Aiden, want to visit Uncle Siwon today?” Aiden nodded absentmindedly, still busy looking for the dog-shaped biscuit inside the pack. I chuckled. My baby really is adorable. I carried him towards our room and looked for nice clothes to wear before going out.

**