Escape?

Escape

Taemin sighed as he woke up, spotting the empty space next to him.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes groggily. "Not surprised though," he muttered to himself.

He glanced over at his clock on the bedside table, it read 9:24. He scratched his head before heading to the shower.

Bark Bark

"Hi baby," Taemin smiled and picked Eve up. He walked over to the kitchen and placed her down, refilling her food and water bowls. He his heels and went to take a quick shower.

Once he was fresh and clean, he wrapped the towel around his body and got to putting on his eyeliner. 

"Can't look like in case he stops by..." Every now and then Joon would pop up in the library, bringing the boy lunch. Just to gain his trust and make sure he never left him.

Taemin tied his long layered hair into a ponytail and pinned his bangs back. He walked out of the bathroom, over to his closet filled with tons of clothes. Taemin loved to shop, but he never really had a chance to wear any of his nice clothes out. Joon didn't take him out on dates anymore. 

"I guess I can look kinda cute for work today."

He picked out a big, chunky knit sweater and some ripped black skinny jeans. After checking himself out in the mirror, he grabbed his bag and threw his phone and wallet in.

"Should stop by the bank to get some cash too."

Taemin stepped out, into the warm sunlight, a few chilly breezes passing by every now and then. He walked over to his black convertible, checking out his hair in the window's reflection before stepping in and finally driving off.

He stopped by the bank first and then to the coffee shop, and finally his job.

"Yup still as boring as ever."

Taemin commented on his boring start to his boring day that would end in a painfully boring way and he'd have a boring dream later on. He'd live his boring life and probably die a boring death, like falling asleep and never waking up.

He walked in and a few heads turned as they saw him. Both girls and guys would flirt with him, yet he'd just brush them off. Guys took it as playing hard to get, girls just thought of him as even cooler and remained persistant.

He waved to the few giggling interns who were crowded by the magazines, and took his seat behind the counter.

He began to organize the books that had been checked back in, placing them in alphabetical order by title and author. Once he finished, he fished his glasses out of his bag and put them on, picking up the amazing fantasy book he had picked up yesterday. 

It was about how the protagonist was sweeped off her feet by some pretty handsome guy, going on adventures. He sighed, wishing Joon would sweep him off his feet like he used to. He began to read, getting absorbed into the book.

A few hours had passed and Taemin was finished with the book and its' sequel.

"Man that sequel ." He sighed as he picked up a random book from the organized pile he had set aside earlier.

An hour had passed before something not so boring happened.

A man with wavy red hair, tied back into a ponytail with a small golden crown on top of his head; a loose white button up shirt, revealing a muscular chest, tucked into black jeans; black lace up ankle boots, toes covered in silver studs; ears decored with dangling blue crystal earrings; several silver necklaces hanging from his neck, rattling around on his chest; and a large, colorful cape barely hanging onto his shoulder, barges through the glass doors of the library. Pushing people out of his way, he looks around the foreign place desperate to find something-- or someone. He lets out a frustrated yell and flips a table and some chairs in the process.

Taemin, who was watching from his seat at the checkout, placed his book down and calmly walked over to the chaotic, extravagantly dressed man.

"As much as I enjoy this disorder livening up my day, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down sir." Taemin said, trying to refrain his amused smile.

The man stopped dead in his tracks at the sound of Taemin's voice, visibly relaxing. He turned around quickly, melting at the sight of Taemin.

"Here you are my prince! I have searched long and hard for you." He cups Taemin's face and leans in, placing a sweet kiss on Taemin's lips.

Taemin blushes and pushes the man away from him.

"Y-yah! Who are you? A-and why did you kiss me?"

"I'm prince Jinki, from the kingdom of Ingary, here to marry you my love."

"W-what!?" 

Taemin had looked around and saw that people had begun to crowd around the two, he quickly grabbed the man's wrist and dragged him into the back office.

"Look, uh- prince... I don't know who you think I am, or where the hell you're from! But, I'm no prince and you seriously have the wrong person." Taemin flushed as he thought back at how the stranger just kissed him out of nowhere.

"But are you not Lee Taemin?" Jinki asked puzzled. 

"Yes-- What? Wait, how do you know that?" Taemin stared wide-eyed at the man.

"On the planet Novaly, we keep watch over all other planets!" Jinki smiled, eyes turning to crescents.

"N-Novaly? Y-you're from the planet Novaly? Impossible! NASA has told us and showed us that your planet is just full of nature and animals and creatures!"

"You earthlings are so silly! We see your rovers the second they land, but we have the wizards and witches place them somewhere into a deserted land as a prank!" Jinki laughed.

The laugh was a such a sweet sound, one that made Taemin's cheeks redden. 

"Y-yah, what are you saying? Witches and wizards, that's all fantasy, it's not real. I'm not falling for it. Anyway, it doesn't explain why you're here, you freak."

Taemin's harsh words pierced through Jinki's heart and it showed on his face as his wide smile wasn't so happy anymore.

"In Ingary, a country in Novaly, I am a prince. And those among the royal family must marry their soul mate, no matter what gender or species or what planet they come from. That is the rule of the kingdom. One my ancestors made. A soul mate means true love. A rocky start, sure, but eventually the two fall in love. It always happens. It has been recorded, I have seen videos with my own eyes. The mate always refuses, but eventually gives into love." Jinki's smile remained small, but his own words reminded him that taking Taemin back home with him would not be easy.

"Pfft! Shut up! Yeah right!" Taemin began to laugh a hearty laugh, tears building in his eyes. "And I suppose there's some red string of fate or something! A necklace that lights up when it sees your soul mate perhaps? This is too rich! Oh!" He continued to laugh.

"A-actually, if I may cut in. There is something that determines our soul mates in Ingary. One of my ancestors was a wizard and he placed a spell on all animals, so that when they were presented to the royal children as a pet, they would just know who their soul mates were. As I said before, in our planet we keep watch over all planets, and we know all the citizens of every planet. If you do not believe me, I can tell you this: Korean - American, favorite color yellow, favorite drink banana milk, a younger sister Sulli, two cruel parents, a poodle named Eve, a manipulative of a boyfriend.."

Taemin froze at Jinki's words, boy was that spot-on. "S-sure, sure. And let's say I believe you. What is this animal? How does it work? How do I know you aren't just some psycho trying to get into my pants?"

Jinki blushed at Taemin's word choice and looked down. "Well my love, I was given my pet goldfish when I was five. Basically, she has the power to see every being in the universe, and afterwards she is taken to the screen rooms where she is shown every single being until she sees my soul mate. The second she sees the being, she gets bubbly and cheery. Excited, even. So my little fish saw you and was so excited she squeaked, so I knew who you were since the age of five. After every activity or task I had done, I would run to my room and set my channel to the Taemin channel," a sheepish smile was let out, "There I was shown your everyday life. Falling in love with the innocent boy who was shy yet devious.

"Eventually I wanted to be able to know if I could even get you to fall in love with me, so my aunt placed a spell on my fish so I knew how much progress I made. As I get closer to you, and as we fall in love, she will slowly transform into a human girl. And once she becomes that child, she will be our daughter." His last word was but a mere whisper, shyness taking over in fear of getting laughed at again.

Taemin had finally taken a seat after hearing such a fairy tale. "Okay... so are you a wizard?"

"I sure am." Jinki beamed.

"But wait, why did you call me prince earlier?"

"Because you will become a prince once you marry me!"

"I didn't say I'd marry you though, did I? And how do you know I'll even fall for you! ... Well, I still don't know if I believe you. Show me some magic, or maybe your pet goldfish..."

Jinki's face lit up and he held a palm out and snapped his fingers with his other hand. Suddenly a small bowl was on his hand.

"Ponyo, want to see him?" Jinki smiled down into the bowl, where a little fish swam about. At his words, the fish turned around immediately and the second the fish saw Taemin, she jumped up out of the water and transformed. Still some sort of fishy guppy, she had a red body, and a semi-human face with a few red hairs, the same shade as Jinki. She turned around in the bowl and flashed a bright smile at Taemin.

Taemin's face drained all color, he couldn't believe it.

"You-- it-- she-- and--" and with those incoherent words Taemin out.

 

***

 

An hour had passed and Taemin woke up in his bed. He immediately sat up and pulled the bobby pins and hair tie out of his hair, running his fingers through his locks.

"That was soooooooooo, woah. Crazy dream, did I miss work today? Aish, whatever." He stood up and walked downstairs to the living room in his loft.

"Oh hello my love! I see you've woken from your slumber! I must say, your dog is a pleasure, she is very sweet!" Jinki chuckled as he continued to play with Eve.

"No, no, no, no no no no noooo!" Taemin shook his head desperately, hoping Jinki would just disappear. He stopped and stared at Jinki who was still playing with Eve. "What do I have to do to get you outta here!?"

"Hm, fall in love with me, and then we can both get outta here," Jinki giggled as he mimicked Taemin and set Eve aside. 

He stood up from his spot on the carpet and walked over to Taemin. "I promise, I'll treat you better than that Lee Joon," he whispered seductively before leaning in a placing a kiss on Taemin's lips. "I'll take care of you,"he said in another husky whisper, brushing his lips against Taemin's neck. "I'll love you more than anyone will ever love you," he said, staring into Taemin's eyes, placing another sweet kiss onto Taemin's lips.

Except, this time, Taemin didn't push him away. He relaxed at the handsome man's soothing, romantic words. Could he really sweep Taemin off his feet? Love him and treat him right? Not just bang him and take his money? Well, he was a prince, surely he didn't need money unlike Joon.

Taemin kissed Jinki back, maybe he could finally let Joon go... He wrapped his arms around Jinki's neck, deepening the kiss.

Suddenly, Ponyo squeaked and jumped up from her fish bowl. A few more strands of hair growing on her head.

Taemin stopped at the high pitch sound, causing Jinki to whine.

"Aww come on Ponyo, I was working my magic," he giggled and tucked some of Taemin's hair behind his ear. "Don't you want to leave this crummy world Taemin? Don't you want to be happy and finally escape?"

"But what about my sister? I can't leave her behind... Or Eve!"

"They can come along, as long as your sister is okay with it..."

"Sulli is a space freak, she'll want to." Taemin chuckled. "But... what about Joon?" Taemin was suddenly quiet and looking doubtful.

Jinki leaned down and kissed the corner of Taemin's lips. "My love, that -- that punk was only using you, he is good for nothing, don't let him get in your way of happiness. Come on, just take my hand, let us make our escape."

 

----

This is a load of barnacles~

 

No but seriously, what even is this?

I don't know, I am just horrible at this writing stuff, but I try.
 

I hope you guys like this fic, if not, I'll just take it down xD

Well thanks for reading the first official chapter, please comment!