Prologue

Escape

Every day was dull and a bummer for Taemin. Well at least in this world.

Throughout the universe, there were several planets. Each with their own people, and customs. Of course there were rumors about horrible monsters and aliens out there, who would come and take over. But to Taemin, any other planet sounded amazing.

Taemin lived on Earth, and on Earth he and everyone else learned about the other planets. No one had ever visited any other planet, but the astronauts have sent rovers to scan the area.

Most rovers would show an empty land or legs walking by. Sometimes creatures coming up to the camera, or destroying it.

All the humans on Earth thought the other planets were just filled with uncivilized creatures or underdeveloped peoples. However, no one knew that Earth was by far the least developed planet, with the simplest people and technology.

On Earth, Taemin was doomed to a boring reality. One where he had a job as a librarian, sitting there throughout the whole day, or sometimes helping interns put books back. Sitting in silence, reading tons of books that taunted him, practically rubbing it in his face how boring his life was.

He had a sad reality, where his family didn't even want him. They were billionaires, and they were a proud family. Taemin was gay. That was too shameful for the media to expose, it disgusted his parents. They loved him, but couldn't stand the sight of him. They sent him away to a small town, and stuffed his bank account with his own millions. They had to make sure he was taken care of, so that they'd never hear from him again.

Taemin didn't give a damn about his parents or his exile. He would only miss his 16 year old sister, Sulli. She was the only reason he could even smile. When he was sent away, the two were heartbroken. Their parents would never let her out without any bodyguards, they couldn't risk her meeting with Taemin. The media was everywhere, the media was their only concern. Well, besides their money.

Taemin had a depressing reality. The one where his boyfriend eventually forgot about him and just checked in to borrow money or sleep with him.

Taemin had met his boyfriend Joon in the library. The two had hit it off, and when Joon found out he was loaded, his greed took over and used Taemin as his wallet. Sure, Taemin was beautiful, so he'd tap that the chance he got. Taemin was desperately in love with him and even though he knew he was being used, he couldn't break it off. Not even when he walked in on Joon flirting with some guy. Not when he found Joon kissing someone. And certainly not when he walked in on Joon slamming himself onto some ty guy begging for more. No. Taemin was too attatched, he loved him too much to let go. And how could he let him go? When Joon would whisper sweet nothings into his ear, kissing him passionately before making love to him? While he stole the younger's money from his wallet when he got the chance.

There was also the annoying reality, where even though he was gorgeous, the constant flirting got on his nerves. Men trying to pick him up, slapping him on the . Girls giggling over how cool he was, noonas trying to shove their cleavage in his face in an attempt to lure him.

Sure he was exiled, but there were still the few that knew Taemin. His father created Samsung for chrissakes! Coming to America to create more factories and branches, making more money. Everyone knew Taemin's family. Some just didn't know his face, and his parents had told the media that he had gone back to Korea to take over the company there.

The only things that made him happy anymore were his dog, Eve, his lovely little sister who would secretly call and text him, and books. He hated them, but they were some kind of escape.

Taemin's reality wasn't one he ever expected, he never thought his life would be so horrible at the age of 23, but maybe he was destined to live this crappy life.

Or was he?