Escape?

Escape

Slap Slap Slap

"Will" Slap "You" Slap "Wake" Slap "Up!?" SLAP 

Sunny had now been slapping Taemin for five minutes with a worried baby mermaid beside her.

"P-papa?" Ponyo whimpered, seeing how Taemin was not waking up. Her eyes began to tear up and Sunny began to panic.

Suddenly, an idea struck her and she leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Taemin, Jinki is coming towards the kitchen and he's gonna see that you couldn't even bake him a cake!"

Taemin's eyes shot open and immediately sat up, smacking foreheads with Sunny.

Sunny tumbled back onto her and placed a hand on her forehead, "Owwie~"

"Ah! Why does that keep happening?" Taemin muttered as he furiously rubbed is hand against his forehead.

"Papa!" Ponyo cheered.

"IT'S REAL!" Taemin freaked as he scrambled back a few feet until his back hit a cabinet.

Ponyo's bottom lip stuck out into a pout and she puffed out her cheeks.

"Aigoo, Taemin you can't just keep hiding and getting away from her! She's your baby!" Sunny got up and pulled the mermaid out and into her arms. "I'm your aunty~ Ooh so cute, who's a pretty baby? Aww," Sunny cooed as she held  Ponyo in front of her face and squished her back into a hug.

Ponyo giggled but began to wave her tail around, signaling she needed to get back in the water soon. 

Sunny pulled away and nodded, placing her back into the large bowl on the kitchen floor.

Taemin was watching but got up and avoided both of them, walking around the two and headed towards the cooled off cake. He began taking it out of the mold and cut it horizontally, opening it to fill it with cream and banana slices. The two girls watched him quietly as he closed the cake back up and began to frost it.

"U-uh Taemin," Sunny interrupted.

"Yes?" He answered without looking back.

"Y-you really care about my brother," Sunny said nervously.

"Why is that?" He frowned after hearing that but started icing the cake with the words 'Happy Birthday Jinki!'

"Maybe you should turn around..."

Taemin sighed and turned around only to drop the icing tube. 

There was Ponyo, sitting in her bowl, hair a teensy bit longer and her tail now skin colored.

"Why!??! WHYYYY!? Why am I falling for Jinki!? It hasn't even been that long and I'm already head over heels for him!" Taemin's eyes widened at his own confession, throwing his hands over his mouth. "I-I-I mean -- I-I me-mean--"

"Ooh Taemin's in looove~" Sunny teased.

"Shuddup!" He blushed and picked up the icing tube. "You shut up." He picked up the cake and walked over to the enormous fridge. Tapping it with his food, it opened right up and took the cake from him, placing it safely inside. "No words will come from your mouth noona." He walked back to the counter and began taking the countless trays of cream puffs to the fridge too. "And you can put the rest back." He finally said and went over to Ponyo and picked up her bowl and walked out of the kitchen.

***

"Awww man, today's Jinki's birthday! How could I forget?!" Jonghyun whined as he rummaged through his closet. "Sunny told us to go over for dinner."

"Ahh, well what can we give him this year?" Kibum said from his own closet.

"I don't think he needs anything, the only thing he wanted is already his," Jonghyun smiled. He picked out a white button up with a thin black cross on it and black skinny jeans, and his black boots.

"That's true, maybe we can have some fun? Maybe we should give them to--" Poof.

Kibum had shrunken back into his three year old body and this time, his clothes had shrunken too. He was a stylish toddler. He looked up and Jonghyun and pouted. 

"Jjongie," he whined.

Jonghyun cooed at the baby boy and picked him up into his arms. 

"Baby you're sooo cute!! I can just eat you up!" He giggled and began kissing Kibum's face all over.

"St-stop!" Kibum blushed, pushing Jonghyun's face away with his tiny hands. "I'm little!" He frowned but his face went back to normal. "What we gonna give Jinki hyung?"

"How about we give him some nice clothes, what do you think about that Kibummie?" Jonghyun said enthusiatically,  truly talking to a child, babying his voice.

"Jjongie I'm a big boy, Kibummie not a baby!"

"Okay, okay, but does Kibummie think it's a good idea?" 

Key nodded his head with huge movements and wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's neck, hiding his face in his husband's shirt.

***

"Papa papa~" Ponyo sang as Taemin looked at the outfit Sulli had laid out for him. 

"Hmm, not bad princess," he grinned and picked up the shirt. 

He pulled his t-shirt over his head and began to the shirt that was on the bed.

Ponyo stared with wide eyes, admiring her father's perfect chest.

When Taemin had finished getting dressed, he turned to face Ponyo. "You're so gorgeous Ponyo~" He smiled when she giggled at his words.

Her eyes grew big as she stared at him and made grabby hands, signaling for him to pick her up.

He hesitated, but decided to carry her.

Meanwhile, Jinki was finishing up a few errands in another kingdom and as he did his last task he decided to stop by a small jewelry shop.

"Welcome! How may I assist you sir?" An elderly man asked the prince while he looked around.

"Ah yes, hello. About five years ago, I purchased this ring here. Do you happen to have another? May I pay you for a replica of this ring?" Jinki took the ring off his index finger and handed it to the salesman.

"Well my boy, this ring is one of a kind. I've only ever made one." He lowered his glasses to the tip of his nose and examined the ring further. "These gems are special, they've been fused with ones from earth. They are harder to come across because of this."

"I can provide the gems, please, I ask of you to make another ring. I will pay any price." Jinki pleaded.

The man saw how bad Jinki wanted it, "Listen, as long as you provide the gems, I will make you the ring, free of charge."

Jinki's eyes lit up and he smiled at the man, nodding his head. But Jinki being the kindhearted man he is, decided to still pay the man.

"Excuse me sir, please step beside me."

The elder gave him a questioning look but went beside him nonetheless.

"Please tell me, what do you dislike about your shop?"

"It's a bit crowded, I have no back room for my breaks and lunches, so I just don't take any or eat. It would be rude and unappealing to customers."

Jinki nodded in understanding, upset that the man had to skip a meal in order to maintain his shop.

"Anything else?"

The old man really wondered what Jinki was to do about his complaints, sure there were tons of witches and wizards among their people, but none were kindhearted enough to help for free.

"Well, my wife lives across the kingdom. I don't get to see her very often, but this shop is our only way of income. So I send her the money through mail."

Jinki nodded once again and pulled out a piece of chalk from his shirt pocket and crouched down on the ground. He began to draw on the ground and stepped back. He held his arms out to his sides and closed his eyes, he pulled his hands together and clasped them, leaving his index fingers out.

The walls began to bend like jelly, the furniture began to shake. Suddenly, the ceiling was raised higher and the room expanded. The display cases were no longer crowded and everything was organized into categories. There was now a staircase on the side, leading upstairs where a few rooms were now located.

The old man stood staring with amazement at how his shop became so beautiful in a matter of seconds. Tears began to fill his eyes and he clutched onto Jinki, "Thank you, thank you so much!"

After fixing everything up and explaining the new rooms and order, Jinki magically brought the old man's wife to the store. After explaining a second time, the elderly man asked Jinki if he could do this, why didn't he just use his magic to make an exact replica?

To which Jinki responded, "Some things are better when made by hand, filled with love and care."

***

Hours had passed and Jonghyun was already at Jinki's home with a baby Kibum in his arms.

"These are really good Taemin!" Jonghyun praised as he ate some appetizers Taemin had prepared after getting dressed.

Taemin was craddling a sleeping mermaid in his arms and smiled at Jonghyun, "Thanks hyung. These are ordinary pigs in a blanket, like it's not even anything fancy." He placed Ponyo back into her bowl.

Kibum slid himself off of Jonghyun's lap and toddled over to Ponyo, "Cute!" He poked her cheeks and sat next to the bowl. He started playing with the water and the rubber ducks Taemin and Sunny had placed in the bowl.

"So, this is pig?" Jonghyun asked after popping another little roll into his mouth.

"Technically, yes. It's a mini hot dog-- Made of pigs not dogs!" Taemin quickly corrected when he saw Jonghyun stop chewing with wide eyes. "They're rolled in pieces of dough."

"Mmmm!" 

"Yah, save some for the kids, and for Jinki!"

Minho came in through the door sweating and panting, "Okay okay, I'll go!" He answered to a nagging Sulli who was insisting he shower immediately.

He ran up the stairs and headed towards the bathroom while Sulli joined her older brother on the couch.

"Oppa, I'm hungry, it's late! Can't we start dinner??"

"Excuse me miss, it's Jinki's birthday. Why would we start birthday dinner without the birthday boy?" Taemin shook his head at his little sister.

Sulli pouted but her stomach growled extremely loud, causing her to blush.

"Ah baby, just eat these, I'll go make more while we wait for the prince."

She began stuffing with the tiny hot dogs and Jonghyun just stared with a small smile, not forgetting to check up on the now sleeping Kibum. Taemin had first taken Ponyo back to his room and was now back in the kitchen preparing more snacks to keep his sister and friends satisfied.

After 30 more minutes, it was already 7 PM and Jinki was still not home. Minho had finished showering and was in a nice outfit, Sunny had appeared and sat with the gang, and the King and Queen were just arriving.

The two royals had a grand entrance, servants bowing and trumpet players announcing their return.

"Oh boys, you must learn to not do that every single time we return from a trip." The queen smiled while giving that advice to the trumpet players.

They blushed and nodded, the queen was beautiful and her age didn't show. She looked as though she were Sunny's age. The king chuckled at his wife's advice, though he had to agree, it did get annoying at times.

"Mom! Daddy!" Sunny squealed, and ran over to them, pulling them into a tight group hug.

"Honey, we weren't gone that long this time," the king said while petting his daughter's hair.

"Yeah, but you can finally meet Taemin!" 

The king and queen gasped and smiled, "Oh yeah!" They said simultaneously.

Taemin shyly walked over to them and bowed 90 degrees, "Pleasure to meet you, your highnesses, my name is Lee Taemin."

The queen quickly scooped him into her arms for a tight hug, "Ah! Even more beautiful in person!" 

"Very! Our Jinki was very lucky," the king agreed.

Taemin only blushed furiously and kept his face hidden behind his bangs.

"Well, please skip the formalities. We know you don't really have a good relationship with your parents, so please, call us mom and dad!"

Taemin's eyes widened, No way!. "That's quite alright, I-I don't mind the formalities." He waved his hands.

"We insist Taemin-ah, unless, you want us to make it a demand?" The king said while lifting an eyebrow.

"N-no, that's fine then, D-Dad..."

"I ... love this kid! Say, where's Jinki?" The king marveled over the boy but began to wonder where the birthday boy was. After all, he was the reason they rushed with their business.

"Ah, Prince Jinki hasn't returned yet," Taemin said shyly.

"Actually, I have! Hello mother! Father! I see you have met Taeminnie~" Jinki smiled and walked over to the crowd, wrapping an arm around Taemin's waist, causing the younger to blush.

The queen noticed and nudged her husband in the arm with a smile. They exchanged glances and smiled widely.

"A-also, I would like for you to meet my little sister, Jinri, but she prefers being called Sulli." Taemin suddenly added, while removing himself from Jinki's hold and bringing his sister over. "She's very special to me, and really the only family I have."

"Well she's just adorable! Does beauty run in the family? Here I am, stuck with two kids who look like bunny-rabbits," the queen playfully sighed.

"Hey!" Sunny whined.

Jinki just looked down, blushing a bit. 

The group giggled and settled down, after some more small talk, they migrated to the dining hall. 

***

After finishing their meal, Taemin and Sunny excused themselves to bring the loads of pastries they had prepared. And Taemin had excused himself again later, after all were indulging in the sweets.

He came back with the cake in his hands, and began to sing, 

"Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday Prince Jinki~
Happy birthay to you~"

They all cheered while Jinki had some tears building, smiling widely because the love of his life was truly falling for him. Caring for him enough to bake for him.

"Thank you, so much." Jinki responded quietly.

Taemin smiled and wiped a falling tear off of Jinki's face with his thumb. He then leaned in and pecked the prince's cheek.

"Ooooh~" Jonghyun and Minho cooed.

"Oh shut up," Taemin frowned but stuck out his tongue.

They smiled and shared some laughs. The night spent filled with joy and peace. And love.

At around 11 PM everyone had returned to their rooms, but before Jinki knew it, Taemin slapped his hands over the elder's eyes.

"Minnie?"

"U-uhmm, T-Tokki..."

"Yes my love?"

"I-I have something to sh-show you..."

"A-alright, but why are you so nervous?"

"Because it's also a confession..." Taemin had removed his hands from Jinki's eyes, and turned the elder around to face the bed, where a baby no older than 2 years old was peacefully sleeping.

Jinki gasped, eyes widening. "T-Taemin?"

"Jinki, I... I love you."

***

okay that's the end of that!
next chapter we get to meet Ponyo, who's now human!
was that too fast? D: did Taemin fall in love too fast? but I mean, it is Jinki, like how can you not?
Anywho! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you to my new subscribers!
Please comment, and thank you for reading! <3
- moe.