II.

Forget and Regret

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR's POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on Hyo." Taeyeon knocked once again to Hyo's door.

The three girls are currently in Kim's household. Scurrying to their way in the said house when Mrs.Kim called them that a certain choding wouldn’t go out from her room and school is about to start in 20 minutes.

 

After the girls went home with a crying Hyoyeon yesterday, Hyo gave them a reassuring smile that she’s fine and a good night sleep would sweep away all those damn feels. Yoona was about to not let her go home just like that but Hyo shook her head and ran like there’s someone running after her and bid them her farewell, leaving them too shock for the sudden run.

 

“Hyo Unnie, please open the door. We need to get to school; we have an exam for Math, right? I bet you wouldn’t risk your amazing grades for one exam.” Yoona said while Taeyeon just continuous to knock on Hyo’s bedroom door.

 

Hyo may be in love too much with that stupid cold prince but getting high grades is still a must for her.

“I’ll study and work hard so that the next time you open your eyes Ma, Pa and Hyochun, we’ll already live in a luxurious house.” She would always think and say to her family making them pat her head for being such a good girl.

 

 

“KIM HYOYEON, IF YOU WON’T OPEN THIS FEAKING DOOR, I’LL--” Sunny screamed, getting a bit irritated for waiting for a half hour in front of a door that wouldn’t open. But she was cut off when they heard stumbling footsteps and a quick rattle of the doorknob.

 

 

Hyoyeon, surprisingly was clothed in her school uniform and her blonde hair is in a ponytail, making her pretty as usual, well, it’s just that she’s shy and loves being in the corner that people doesn’t appreciate... or more on, see her beauty.

 

 

Straightening herself, Hyo gave a smile to the frowned kiddo, stunned deer and a furious bunny.

 

 

“So..” Yoona trailed off and Sunny stepped forward to Hyo.

 

“You were okay after all? You choding--” Sunny was about to tackle Hyo on the ground when Taeyeon grabbed Hyo’s wrist and hurried down the stairs and went to the living room.

 

“You okay? Did you cry all night? Have you gotten enough sleep? Are you feelings sick or whatsoever?” The kiddo turned again to her leader-shin and Hyo only shook her head and hugged Taeyeon.

 

 

Pulling back, she grabbed her school bag and went for the last time, to check herself.

 

 

“I’m doing okay guys. I didn’t cry all night or anything. More on, I’ve realized something.” She said but mumbled the last words making the girls get it hard.

 

“What did you say Unnie?” Yoona asked and Hyo placed her right hand on her chest, on the heart part.

 

“This, was surely broken yesterday.” Pointing to her heart. “And this, finally came to realize something.” Then she pointed to her head, her mind.

 

 

“So, from today on, the one that was broken would try to heal and let the one who realized something lead her life from now on.” She mused and the girls were in stoic expression before their faces start to lift up and wide grins are now plastered in their pretty faces.

 

 

“At last Hyo!” Sunny said and hugged the life out of Hyo.

“Hyo, I wish you won’t regret this.” Taeyeon said while patting Hyo’s head.

“Unnie, no matter what happends, remember that we’re here, okay?” Yoona said  and Hyo nodded.

 

“I promise, I’ll forget. It’s for the better anyways.” She said before they quickly turn on their heels and head out from the house but not before bidding the Kim Household a goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback. Last night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Teardrops that splatter on the floor are the only sound that echoes in Hyo’s room.

 

No helpless breathings, no sobbing, no hiccups, no banging or the walls or the pillow, no other sound.

 

She doesn’t say anything. All thoughts are only clouding in her mind.

 

After some hours, she looked at the clock. 3:00 a.m., it says.

 

Then she picked her wallet from her bag. Nothing, every coins was distributed to that expens—no, stupid perfume.

 

Pause.

 

She exhaled. Then she hugged her knees to her chest, and bowed her head, in the corner of her room.

 

 

 

I..

 

I just can’t let go..

 

 

 

 

The thought that echoes in her mind, but then she remembered what her friends had said.

 

It was all reality. Hard realities for her to accept because of this love she claims.

 

Then in the next seconds, she was welcomed in dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grandma??

 

I called. But no one is answering. I’m in a seashore, a familiar scenery for me because this where my Grandma would always take me whenever I feel sad or hurt.

 

I stopped in my tracks, and then I step a little forward to the sea, giggling when the cold water touched my toes and looked up to watch the endless waves.

 

 

Then my knees felt weak again. I slump to the ground. The seawater was met by my salty tears. I hugged the under of my thighs.

 

 

Grandma, I wish you were here.

 

 

 

Then someone suddenly held my shoulders gently, looking back, there, I saw my precious Grandma, smiling prettily like how she was still alive again.

 

Then I hugged her tight. Murmuring incoherent words of how hurtful I am. How love hurt me. And to realize just now that I was only being a fool, it was far greater pain that I’ve expected.

 

I’ve treated a man like my world but he doesn’t even want to glance once at me.

 

I’ve worked hard and tried to grab something to make him smile even just a little, but it was a fail. He tossed like a thrash.

 

I am tired, my mind says, but my heart says to keep on fighting.

 

I don’t know what to do anymore.

 

I almost want to break my stupid heart for loving that kind of man.

 

 

 

 

 

Like she was reading my mind, my Grandma held my face gently and she sighs.

 

“I know you’re tired, my darling, and it was more painful because it was too late to have everything you’ve given to him be back. Your money, time and heart.” She said and I held her hands, closing my eyes.

 

I bowed my head a little and she coos me.

 

“What should I do Grandma?” I asked.

 

“Choose the one you’ll be happy with. Either to continue loving him for it is your own happiness too or to forget him and lived the life you’ve had before you met him and yet you’re happy too.” She said and pulled me up.

 

 

 

 

It was immediately signed to my head. I’ll keep that.

 

 

 

Then she kissed my forehead and squeezed my hand, like it’ll be a while before I dream of her again.

 

“I’ll always be here for you, Hyoyeon.” She said and vanished in the air.

 

Headache. What came to me after she left? I heard a sound. A beep sound.

 

 

 

 

 

 

From my alarm clock.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I gasped and opened my eyes. Lights from the sun are searing through the little area on my windows.

 

Time check. 4:43 a.m, great, didn’t even reached 3 hours of sleep.

 

Then I used my elbows to lift my upper body and grab the sheets out of my body, leaving any warmth. Then I slid down from my small bed and went to look at my reflection.

 

I have school at 8:00 a.m., yet I look like I just woken up from a death slumber.

 

 

Red puffed eyes, pale skin, messy hair and crumpled pajamas.

 

So this, I pointed in my heart, what have done to me.

 

 

It’s not the real me. I was happy, gleeful, contented and go with the flow before HE entered my life.

 

I go out with my friends every Saturday, but when HE came, every weekend would be full of part-time-works.

 

I will always manage to have long time to spend with my little bro, Hyochun, but when HE came, I just realized, Hyochun became a little distant from me.

 

I would always stay positive and is motivated to go on with whatever I have, but when HE came, I would put everything aside, just to have time to look after him.

 

This is not the Hyoyeon, me, myself and I, know.

 

 

 

Then I rushed to the bathroom. Took a quick shower and applied creams to my skin and face. I treated my hair and rinsed it properly after. Then I cleaned my room and packed my bag.

 

Time check. 7:00 a.m. Then I heard the girls, Taeyeon, Sunny and Yoona knocking on the door.

 

Then I changed to my uniform, combed and caressed my hair and tied it to a ponytail.

 

I was about to get my bag from my bed when I heard Sunny’s scream.

 

 

“KIM HYOYEON, IF YOU WON’T OPEN THIS FEAKING DOOR, I’LL--” I heard her and I almost stumbled to my steps and quickly opened the door.

 

Well, I would be shock too to see my friend, who almost wants to breakdown yesterday, but here she is, all fine like nothing happened.

 

I just ignored the reactions and we had a little talk. Then we went out of the house after I pecked my Mom and Dad’s cheeks which they took a little surprise but smiled widely after it, maybe it has been a long time since I’ve done that, I always wake up earlier than them to wait for Sehun before class starts.

 

 

 

 

I’ve made up my mind.

 

 

 

I would forget.

 

 

 

Everything.

 

 

From my memories, feelings and thoughts that connects to him.

 

 

 

I know I can do it.

 

 

 

 

Because the old Hyoyeon is back.

 

I wouldn’t take revenge or anything, I’m not that kind of person (the old Hyoyeon.)

 

But I won’t go back either.

 

 

I think he won’t even realize that I’m not following him anymore, since he always treat me like dead air.

 

This is final.

 

You can do it, Kim Hyoyeon.

 

 

 

 

Goodbye Sehun.

 

 

 

 

unedited.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

SO YEAH. I updated!

 

I tried hard for this one because I have a freaking flu. I seriously need to relax, I haven't had enough sleep yet from these 2 weeks.

 

 

But I kept my words and made this chappie.

 

I hope you guys like it.

 

 

And to have 28 subs in a day. THANKS.

 

 

 

 

Love u guys <3

 

 

MUWAH~!