Chapter 9

My Player Best Friend

You woke up to your alarm and did your morning routine.

You went downstairs to greet your brother and of course he was a great cook so you also looked forward to his yummy breakfast.

Halfway down the stairs you heard your brother's voice screaming and throwing in a few cuss words. Woahhh What's that all about? I hate to be the person on the other side of the line.

You forgot your school bag and cellphone so you went back upstairs to get it. You found your school bag but looked everywhere for your cellphone.

You facepalmed yourself. I forgot I left it in the living room downstairs. Oh wait! That means the person Key was cussing was was......Woohyun? Pabo! Why would he call me if he knows Key is here.

You jet downstairs with a big smile on your face and sat down next to your brother. You munched on your breakfast quickly and kissed Key goodbye.

"Where do you think you're going?" Key asked while chewing on a piece of toast.

"School?" You replied the obvious. "I know, but how are you going to get there?"

You tried to think of a good excuse. "Uh.....walking?"

"You know you can't lie in front of my face." You gulped. "Have that 'thing' been driving you to school everyday?"

You looked away. "So it serves him right that I cursed him out. I'll drive you. And from now on, if that 'thing' offers to drive you, say no. I will drive."

You played with your fingers.

You walked out your house and waited for Key outside to go get his car keys. Meanwhile, stubborn Woohyun's car stopped in front of you.

"Hey, my Homie!  Hop in." Woohyun opened the door for you, but you shook your head and gave him the 'NO-NO-NO KEY OPPA IS HERE' look.

Woohyun being the 'not very bright light bulb' looked at you weirdly. "What's wrong? I don't have a girl with me this time. It's just me and you." He said flirtatiously.

Suddenly, a fist landed on Woohyun's nose. "In your dreams." Key dragged you away while you turned back to look at the injured Woohyun.

You bit your lip. I hope he's okay. He will be right?

---------

Throughout the car ride, it was slightly awkward. You clearly have no clue what to say. All you heard were Woohyun's name, a few curse words and something about a curse being placed on him.

Finally, after a long silent car ride, you got out and say bye to your brother. "Call me when you get out of school or at least don't let that 'thing' take you home okay??"

You nodded your head and walked through the school gates.

You took out your novel and sat under a tree at school. It was a bit early to go inside so you decided to catch up on some reading.

You noticed a few jocks playing football, but ignored them and they were careful not to hit you in case Woohyun takes revenge on them.

After about ten minutes of reading you saw a football flew by. "Ahh. That hurt." You heard someone near you yelp.

You looked up from your novel and turned around. You saw Zico rubbing his head while his novel was on the ground with pages flipping from the wind.

He threw the football back at the jocks while they apologized. "Zico? Are you okay?"

Zico's eyes widened at the sight of you. "Y-Yeahh. I'm fine thanks for asking." You smiled at him and noticed the book he was picking up.

It's the same book I'm reading. You pointed at his book. "Yeahh, I love this book. It's really good and suspenseful."

Your smile got wider. "I'm reading the same one too."

The two of you made small conversation until it was time to go inside for class. The two of you walked in together until you heard someone call your name.

You turned around with an annoyed face on. "Woohyun?" He had this smirk on his face with his arm wrapped around a girl.

His smirk quickly turned into a frown when he saw Zico next to you. He removed his arm away from the girl and told her to 'get lost'.

"Nam Woohyun! That was mean! You should apologize to her."

"Why should I? And may I ask who is this fellow flirting with you?" His eyes narrowed at the boy.

"Hi. I'm Woo Jiho, but you can call me Zico." He held out his hand, but Woohyun just slapped it away.

He eyed Zico in an unfriendly manner.