Chapter 19

My Player Best Friend

A few weeks passed and you grew distant from Woohyun. Key on the other hand was happy when he left to return to the states when he found out how you two grew distant.

His last words were "Be a good girl. If you have any problems I am just a call away or you can call Zico."

You and Zico sent him off to the airport that day.

--------

Time was flying when Key was not by your side to nag you about everything. Zico came every morning to walk you to school and walked you back.

You two were practically going out even the rumors at school were saying you two were the perfect couple.

One day at the library when you and Zico were eating lunch together like your usualy routine. You can feel that Zico was acting strange today and a bit quiet and unlike himself.

"Zico, what's wrong?" you tilted your head.

He snapped out of his daze and faked a smile. "Nothing."

"Come on~ You can tell me." You smiled and tugged his sleeve.

He sighed with a sad look on his face. "I....I'm moving...again."

Right then, your whole world started to crash before your eyes. "W-What??"

"I'm sorry. I can't commit to Key Hyung's promise I made to you."

"W-When?" You held in your tears.

"Tomorrow."

"But, that's so s-sudden." You stuttered.

"I'm sorry. I just found out that my noona cousin is going through a few hardships. She lives alone and only has me and my family so we are moving in to take care of her."

Your lips trembled at the sad news. In a matter of minutes, you started to sob and wipe away your tears.

"Excuse me." You said and ran to the bathroom.

Zico ran after you and hugged you from behind. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You can't help it right?" You replied.

Zico turned you around and gazed into your eyes. "Before I leave, I wanted to let you know that you are a special girl. Ever since my first day here, I fell in love with you. We had so much in common. You are someone I can talk to anything about. You are sweet, gentle, kind and patient. I really love you."

You could not help but start to bawl your eyes out. "I'm not asking you for anything. I'm not asking you to wait for me, but there's just one thing I want to know. Do...do you feel the same way?"

You stare at him with a smile and nodde your head. Zico leaned in and kissed you. With tears and smiles, you kissed him back with your arms around his neck as he hugged you tighter.

It was your first official kiss. (minus the one with Woohyun.) You felt your heart beat rapidly and swell with each touch.

When you broke apart from the kiss, he leaned his forehead on yours. "I wish I did this earlier." He smirked.

You smiled and smacked his arm. "Yah! You ."

"Okay. Okay. I'm a ." He hugged you tightly. "I'm sorry I have to leave you, but I will be back. I just don't know when."

You did not know what to say and snuggled in his chest. "Oppa.....you won't look at other girls right?"

"Of course I won't. But even if you fall for other guys, I wouldn't be mad at you. I was the one that left, but I will let you know one thing. I will fight for your heart again."

You chuckled. "Arasso."

-----------

That dreadful next day came when Zico left. You were not use to the empty house. Key gone back to the states to study so it was empty. You even missed his nagging.

Now Zico who accompanied you this whole time just left.

At night you cried yourself to sleep at how much you missed him already.

While walking to school yourself, you had your scarf wrapped around your neck as winter approached.

Your eyes were red and puffy from crying.

When you reached school, people were giving you weird looks at how Zico was not with you and why your eyes were red and puffy.

On the other hand, Woohyun got out of his car with girls surrounding him and throwing themselves at him.

Even though you two became distant, he still paid close attention to you. Everytime he saw you with Zico he could not help but feel jealous and take it out by playing with girls' hearts.

When he didn't see you that morning, he felt a bit uneasy.

All day, you excused yourself from class to go to the nurse's room or head to the bathroom/library where you and Zico always hungout.

You cannot bare to sit in class with the seat next to you empty.

While at the library, you tried to focus on reading a book, but can't help with tear up even if it was a comedy you were reading.

You saw a box of tissues in front of you and looked up. "W-Woohyun? W-What are you d-doing here?" You sobbed and wiped away your tears.

"I'm your best friend. Well, was your best friend since you are so distant from me now." He pouted.

"S-Sorry." You cried harder.

"Hey, hey. I didn't mean to make you feel bad." Woohyun took you into his embrace and let you cry.

I don't know what happened between you and Zico, but I sure am going to kill him for this. He hugged you tighter in comfort as you cried in his broad chest.