Chapter 26

My Player Best Friend

It was lunch time and Woohyun was determined to confess to you. He knew you were at the library so he went to look for you.

As usual, he saw you reading a book while eating at the same time. He was about to sit on the empty seat in front of you until he saw Zico pop in and stole the seat.

"Hey, sweet thang." Zico winked at you.

You looked up from your book and raised an eyebrow. "Zico?"

"That's my name. What cha reading there?" He was peeping at your book, but you mistaken him as peeping at your chest so you quickly shut the book and held it close to yourself.

"Woahh. I just wanted to see your book." Zico defended himself.

You frowned at him. *I don't like his new look.*

Zico touched his face. "Is there something on my face?"

You shook your head and got up from your seat to leave, but Zico pulled you back down. "Hey, hey where you going? I just got here."

"Sorry, I have to...uh...leave."

"But you didn't finish eating yet. And you usually finish reading a chapter of a novel before you would even set foot out of the library."

*He remembers? I guess he didn't completely change.* You sat back down obediently.

Woohyun saw you had company and left the library. *Some things just never change. I guess you would always want someone you have things in common with.*

Whe he turned around, he saw the girl he did not wanted to see the most.

"Hey Woohyun." Jaekyung flipped her hair and clung onto Woohyun.

"Hey." He said with a stern voice.

"Aww what's wrong Woohyunnie." Jaekyung pouted and trailed kisses down Woohyun's neck and eventually leaving her mark on his uniform collar.

"Please. Jaekyung. Have some respect for yourself. I don't want you violating my personal space anymore." Woohyun pushed her away from him.

Jaekyung scoffed at him. "Really? Woohyun?? Now you decide to play 'good boy'. We all know you can't resist girls."

Woohyun ignored her words and continued walking.

"Yah! Nam Woohyun!" Jaekyung called. "ARE YOU STILL ON FOR TONIGHT? YOU AND INFINITE?"

Woohyun stopped and turned around. "No. No matter how many times I have to say. We--on second thought. We're on."

"Okay. See you tonight." Jaekyung blew Woohyun a kiss.

*I need to get my mind off you.* He thought.

--------

It turns out that only Zico's outer appearance changed. He still has his dorky/nerdy personality within him, but you could not bring yourself to ask what happened.

After school you waited for Woohyun since you did not see him at lunch. *Where is he? Key Oppa is almost here!!*

Your phone rang and you picked it up. "Sorry, baby sis. I have some errands to run. So you don't mind walking home yourself do you? AND DON'T YOU DARE ASK NAM WOOHYUN TO WALK YOU!!"

"Okay. Okay. Bye Oppa." you hung up and sighed. *Looks like I'm alone today.*

"Hey, sweet thang. Lonely?" Zico popped up.

"Hey Zico. Can you stop calling me that? It's sounds weird."

"Whatever floats your boat thing, honey. Want me to walk you home?" He offered.

 

Before you knew it, Zico walked you home.

"It was nice seeing you again, Zico." You smiled, and waved goodbye.

Zico waved goodbye to you too. You were about to ask him about his life the past few months, but his phone rang.

"Hello? Okay. I'll be right there." Zico shut his phone and smiled at you. "Since it's a Friday night, would you like to have some fun?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Uhh..." You felt a bit uneasy, but before you could protest, Zico dragged you away.

 

"W-Where are we?" You asked and looked up at the neon lights.

"BBC." Zico porudly stated

"W-What??" You stuttered.

"Block B Club. I own this place." He flashed his cheesy smile.

"You own a club?? B-But...how?"

Zico scratched his head. "Remember how I told you I had some family emergencies? Well, my noona use to own this place, but she has to move to another country so now it's in my care. I was gone for a few months not to move away, but to learn how to manage this club. I guess the hip hop theme kind of got to me. I even learned how to freestyle." He smiled.

You chuckled. "Oh."

"What do you mean oh?"

"Nothing. I just thought something happened to you. I'd be glad to hear you....freestyle? is it?"

"Come on! I even met some cool new people I would like you to be friends with too." He dragged you inside.