Chapter 30

My Player Best Friend

Woohyun let out a groan when he woke up. His eyes fluttered open and looked around the familiar room. His room.

He sat up and winced in pain. He touched the placed that hurt the most, his jaw. *What happened?*

He flinched in shock when he saw his friends sitting around his room, glaring at him.

"What? Why are you guys so grumpy looking today?" He raised an eyebrow. Then it hit him. The hangover. "Argh! Why does my head hurt like crap?" He smacked his head a few times.

"Keep smacking yourself some more. Better yet, why not you just go shoot yourself." Sungjong, the youngest screaed at the older one.

"Yah! Who are you to talk to me like that, you punk." Woohyun threw a pillow at Sungjong, but Sunggyu caught it.

"Nam Woohyun, don't you dare hit the kid. He has a good point. You do deserve to die."

Woohyun scoffed. "What's wrong with you guys today? PMSing?" He cracked up at his own joke.

"It's not funny." Poker faced Myungsoo said.

"Okay. Geez. I'm going to the bathroom." He got up from his bed, but Hoya and Dongwoo pinned him down on his bed.

"You have absolutely no clue what happened yesterday did you?" Sungyeol hissed.

"Well we all went to this new club, BBC together, and I clearly got smashed, hence this headche." Woohyun pushed Hoya and Dongwoo away.

"Hyung, you know what else you did?" Hoya asked.

Woohyun tried to recall his memories of last night and shook his head.

"Do you know how you got those bruises?" Sungyeol questioned.

"Was I in a fight or something?" Woohyun blinked. At that point, even his closest friend want to shove him out the window, hoping he would fall and crack his skull.

"Do you know who you were with last night?" Sungjong asked, with annoyance in his voice.

Woohyun paced around, trying to recall. He started to get flashbacks. The reason why he decided to party that night. How he got injured. How he was drunk in the first place. Who he danced with. Everything started to become clear.

From a distance, he can see a heartbroken girl, running out the exit.

Hysteria was written all over Woohyun's face. How could he have done what he promised to never do?

Woohyun slumped in his bed, crying. He was about to pull out all his hair.

His friends seeing Woohyun broke down, felt sympathetic. Even though he maybe an idiot sometimes, he truly loved you with all his heart.

"Hyung, I think you have a lot of explain." Sungjong patted Woohyun back.

Woohyun's crying was uncontrollable. The way he distinctly remember your hurt face made him realize that you two had mutal feelings for each other, but he ruined it himself.

How can he be able to gain your trust again especially when there is clearly a better choice for you to choose (Zico) over him?

--------------------

You, on the other hand, was not looking so good yourself.

Red puffy eyes, still in your pjs on a Monday morning, staring out the window, daydreaming. You reached for another tissue to wipe away your endless tears, but to realize you just ran out.

You were too embarassed to step out of your room to grab another box, so you used your sleeve. How can you be so stupid to fall for a playboy like Woohyun? You know him better than anyone else. He was never serious with relationships, and yet you still love him.

It was obvious what type of girls he went for. Someone the opposite of you and yet your heart refuse to listen.

A soft knock was heard coming from the other side of the door, but you ignored it.

Key came inside you room with a fresh box of tissues.

"Aigoo, don't use your sleeve." He took a sheet of tissue and dabbed your face. You gave him a weak thank you.

Key's heart broke seeing your first heartbreak. He knew all along you liked Woohyun, that's why he hated the guy. Because he knew Woohyun would someday hurt his precious sister.

His sprink break is almost over, which means he has to head back to the US soon. He was relunctant to leave you in this condition, but he has one more semester to complete before graduating so he cannot afford any days off.

Key gave you a hug, which gave you some comfort. You started to cry in his arms. You hadn't realize it would hurt that much.

"Shhh." He soothed your back. "That bastard doesn't know who is he missing out."

"I should have known from the start he would never like me back. I'm sorry, Oppa for not listening to you. I'm sorry I did not stay away from him." You sobbed.

"It's okay." He patted. "I gave that thing a good beating last night. He would probably be in terrible condition. His so-called pretty face is all damaged." He smiled proudly, hoping you would do the same.

But all you did was nod your head. "Gomawo, Oppa." You hugged him tighter, but a small part of you is worried if Woohyun was hurt badly.

"Anything for you baby sis. Now, you can only have today off. Tomorrow, is back to school, a new you and forget about that thing, okay?" You nodded your head and wiped away your tears.

"Today, is the last day I'm going to cry."

"Promise?" Key stuck out his pinky. You wrapped yours around his and touched each other's thumbs. "Promise."

Zico who was waiting patiently outside your room all night , came in with panda eyes. "Alright, now that you're skipping school today, how about we have some fun and forget about the sad moments." He smiled.

You giggled. "Zico, you have panda eyes."

Zico frowned. "Hey, is that what I get for being worried about you all night?" You walked over and gave Zico a bear hug. "Thanks for being there for me. It meant a lot."

He patted your head. "Anything for you. Now go wash up." He pushed you to the bathroom. "I don't want to see those red puffy eyes of yours."