Confrontation.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongmin didn't know why Yoorin was forcing herself into coming into school, she looked like she had been dead a few times in the past week.

Bad things were happening to Yoorin right in front of his eyes and he couldn't do anything to stop it. He just had to stand in the background and watch as she began to change. Everything about her was different: the look in her eyes, the way they used to be so full of life but are now only devoid of emotions. She used to smile and laugh a lot, but now her voice, the words that left her lips - it was just scary for him to witness it all.

Okay, maybe he lied at the beginning. He did know why she was forcing herself into school (even though he could see that her body was going to give out any second now), he just didn't understand it. To put it quite bluntly, Minwoo was obviously avoiding her and he just didn't know why she couldn't just accept the fact.

Jeongmin knew that she also knew that but just refused to believe it herself. It was frustrating and just as equally upsetting for him.

"Do you want to come by to my house after school today?" He said as they walked out for lunch, "we could bake cakes and watch really crappy horror films - like old times."

"Hm," she grunted back, looking like she found the ground very fascinating.

Jeongmin was very much aware that everything he was saying wasn't registering into her brain at all. But he still tried again, "You know, if you want," he peered at her, bending down slightly to get a proper look at her eyes, "I can put on a wig and cross-dress for you. I used to hate it but it used to cheer you up all the time."

"Hm?" she furrowed her eyebrows together and looked at him, only to stumble a little on the way. His hand was out in a flash, grabbing a hold of her on the elbow.

"Be careful, Yoorin." Jeongmin scolded her lightly, lifting up her arm and checking for bruises and cuts even though she didn't even fall.

"Sorry," she mumbled, her eyes dazed and blank as she massaged her temple. "I just don't feel so good."

"I've been telling you to go home all day, why don't you listen?" He sighed, letting out a frustrated groan and resisted the urge to stomp his foot on the ground. He stepped forward and laid the back of his hand on her forehead but then he flinched and pulled it back when she burned him. "Let's go home, Yoorin. Please?"

"What?" she took a quick step back, stumbling again but swatted Jeongmin's hand away when he tried to catch her. "No, I have to stay. I know he's here, I've seen him. I just need to talk to him."

"Yoorin, he has a girlfriend." His words were a sharp blow that knocked the air out of her.

"No," she shook her head, tears beginning to form in her eyes. "I'm his girlfriend."

"You used to be his girlfriend, Yoorin." Jeongmin said it slowly so the words would sink in. He felt mean for phrasing it like that, but he was getting seriously worried about her.

She frantically shook her head, sending tears flying. "Shut up, Jeongmin."

"No, Yoorin-" he took a step towards her but then his words got cut when she spoke again.

"Please be quiet." Her voice was choked and raspy.

Jeongmin ran his hand across his face before blowing out air in frustration. He opened his arms for her, "Come here."

She hesitated for a second before walking into his embrace. He wrapped his arms tightly around her shaking body as she cried.

"It's going to be okay," he whispered into her hair.

After lunch time was over that same day, Jeongmin had a hold of Yoorin's elbow and walked her to her next class.

Truth was, she hated showing weakness in front of Jeongmin and lately she had been showing him more then she had ever thought she would. She always had this strange thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter