Brother.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because she had been up all night thinking about L.Joe and wondering about who his girlfriend might be, Yoorin couldn't get a wink of sleep. She sure would've appreciated staying home today more than yesterday as she walked to school half-asleep.

"You look like you died and came back to life," Jeongmin commented as he fell a step behind her. "What happened?"

"I couldn't sleep," she murmured as they both ambled through the front gate to their school.

"I can see that, any particular reason?"

"I don't want to talk about it," she groaned.

She felt arms encircling her waist and the all too familiar laugh as she was lifted off the ground. "Good morning, Yoorin." Minwoo gushed onto her neck.

Yoorin felt that her mood instantaneously lifting after seeing him. "Morning to you, too." She chuckled back in reply.

"I'll leave you two alone." Jeongmin smiled, leaving to say hi to his other friends that were hanging around the field.

It wasn't hard to notice L.Joe standing in the middle of the group of people that Jeongmin was heading towards with his brightly coloured hair and all - even though it looked like it has changed slightly; it was no longer bright pink, it was more faded with some of orange going on.

All her thoughts from last night unexpectedly started rushing back to her.

He has someone else now.

Who is she?

Do I know her?

Does she go to our school?

Is she pretty?

She was so engrossed that she had lost all of her senses of the world around her, she didn't even notice Minwoo talking to her.

"Yoorin, there's.... in front... you." He had said. She could only catch a few words of it, but then he started talking again, but in a more urgent voice.

"Yoorin, watch out!"

And before she knew it, the world went black for a second and stars were dancing in front of her. Pain flared from her forehead and she staggered back.

She it and felt something wet. She brought her hand back to her face and discovered that she was bleeding. Only a little; it just felt like a scratch. She lifted her head and realised that she had walked right into an opened locker. She could see a little guy with glasses apologising as Minwoo was asking if he was okay and that saying that he didn't have to apologise.

He took one look at her and then started to overreact immediately. "Yoorin!" He exclaimed, half galloping towards her. "You're bleeding! Oh, my God, you're bleeding. Hold on to me, we are almost at the nurse's office." He draped her arm over her shoulders and started dragging her down the hallway.

Opening the door carefully, he said, "Hi, my girlfriend hit her head out there and she's bleeding. "

The nurse strolled sluggishly to the couple and took one look at Yoorin. "She'll be fine." She dug into her pocket and brought out a plaster and gently put it on Yoorin's forehead. "Looks like she stopped bleeding, just let her rest for a little while." Then she directed this at Yoorin. "Now, honey, if you begin to feel dizzy or lightheaded make sure you come and see me, okay?"

Yoorin nodded, touching the bump on her forehead.

"I'll be leaving for a little while to get something, just lay down on the bed a relax. And calm down, okay?"

Minwoo sat down gently next to her on the bed and gazed at her with worried eyes. "What's bothering you, Yoorin?"

"It's nothing," she laughed nervously and waved her hand in dismissal. "You don't need to worry about me."

"You do know you can talk to me about anything... right?" He asked, a hint of sadness playing in his eyes.

"Of course, I do!" She said and genuinely meant it.

"Anyway, I was asking you this when you were spacing out but it seems like you may not have heard me; who was it that you were with last night?"

Oh no, she thought. I didn't plan on him remembering to ask me this today, I didn't prepare an answer. "Jeongmin," she replied breathlessly. "I was with Jeongmin."

I lied to him again, she thought. Why did I just do that? That was the perfect time to tell him that she had been with L.Joe and that he shouldn't worry about it because L.Joe had a girlfriend.

His eyebrows were raised, clearly surprised with her answer for some reason. "Is that all? Why didn't you just tell me you were with him?"

"I-I don't know."

Minwoo seemed to have sensed her discomfort and dropped the subject, to which Yoorin was grateful for.

"You know what I've been thinking?" He said, gazing at the ceiling. "We need to go on a date."

"A date?"

"Yes, a date." He stood up and offered her his hand, to which she took appreciatively. "I don't think we've ever been on a proper date, so how about this Saturday? Just you and me, I'll prepare something for you."

"Really?" She could feel her mood lifting with every words Minwoo spoke.

"Yes," he stopped in his track and turned around, planting a sentimental kiss on her sore forehead. "I already can't wait."

Funnily enough the pain on her forehead seemed to have vanished. Minwoo had magical kisses. Just when she thought that she could finally stop thinking about everything else and finally be happy again her phone vibrated. She dug into her pocket and saw that she had a text message.

It was from Hana.

 

 

 

 

It was saturday and Yoorin would be untruthful if she said she wasn't happy about Hana's text message.

She threw on the casual attire that she had formulated the night before and did her make up. She had wanted to wear something a little more garnishing but Minwoo insisted on her wearing something comfortable because he wanted to spend the whole day with her.

The doorbell rang and she ran down the stairs two at the time and opened the door to see a smiley Minwoo in front of her. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans, a white T-shirt along with a black blazer with the sleeves pushed to his elbows.

Seeing her boyfriend made her even happier about Hana's text.

Freedom.

Hana was going on a family's vacation for a week starting from today. It made Yoorin kind of guilty for feeling happy that Hana would be gone. Almost.

Afterall, who wouldn't be happy to have someone as naggy as Hana off their back for a whole week?

She still remembered what the text says, word by word because she had read it over an over again just to be sure she had it right.

Don't do anything that will effect my plan, Yoorin. I'm being forced to go on a bone-headed family vacation with my family for 7 days starting this weekend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter