#026 Effect: MyungSoo + Hoya

∞ INFINITE 100 FIC CHALLENGE ∞

“Let’s go Hoya-shii.” Myungsoo called out to the boy who was still in his room.

“Alright. I’m coming.” The latter called out in an annoyed tone.

Myungsoo watched as the older boy slammed the door behind him as he went out of the room and put on his shoes. He looked a t the other boy with a mix of concern and curiosity as he walked over to him.

“Is something wrong?” he asked cautiously, afraid that Hoya might just explode all of a sudden.

“Nothing.” He replied blankly.

Myungsoo frowned at his answer but didn’t say anything. Instead he continued gazing at the boy in silence, wondering what would’ve made his hyung so upset.

“So are we going or are you just planning to stand there?” Hoya asked as he stood up and walked over to the door.

Myungsoo nodded and followed Hoya out of the door. They were the only 2 members without a previous schedule so, together they headed for filming. Throughout the ride, the two sat in silence. Myungsoo kept glancing at the other boy who was seated beside him, eyes cold and an upset expression in his face. Myungsoo made several attempts to start a conversation but the words seem to die in his throat. Hoya seemed to be oblivious to MyungSoo’s actions and didn’t pay any attention to him, instead he remained quiet all throughout the entire day and no one but Myungsoo seemed to have noticed it.

 

The following day, the entire group except for Hoya and Myungsoo decided to spend their free time having fun in the mall but since Myungsoo had a schedule, he needed to stay behind, Hoya on the other hand refused to leave the house, insisting that he’d rather rest. Myungsoo quietly observed the older boy’s actions before leaving. He watched as Hoya prepared his meal and walked back to his room without even giving him a glance. Before Myungsoo left, he knocked on Hoya’s bedroom door.

“Hoya-hyung, I’m leaving now.”

“Alright, close the door when you leave.” He replied not even looking at him.

Myungsoo closed the bedroom door and left without a word. The entire day however, he kept thinking about what on earth was wrong with Hoya. When he got home, he found Hoya lying face down on his bed.

“Hoya-hyung, are you okay?”

“Yeah.” Hoya replied blankly.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been like this since yesterday.” Myungsoo approached him.

“I said I’m fine. Will you just leave me alone?” Hoya snarled at him.

Surprised, Myungsoo stepped back, fear obviously shown in his face. Instead f saying anything however, Myungsoo just left the room, leaving a surprised Hoya standing there, mouth slightly opened.

 

The next day, Myungsoo didn’t speak to Hoya for the entire day. He would always pretend to be talking to others whenever Hoya was around. At first Hoya didn’t pay too much attention to Myungsoo but as days passed by, Hoya began to notice that Myungsoo started putting some distance between himself and him. Hoya made several attempts to talk to him but Myungsoo would only reply with a sentence or two. Confused, Hoya started to spend more time with Myungsoo, hoping to get him to open up to him but instead of talking with Myungsoo, Hoya seemed to spend more time with his alter ego “L”. Days continued to pass and Hoya soon returned to his cheerful self, but Myungsoo stayed the same, at least whenever he’s around Hoya. He’s talkative and cheerful whenever he’s others but when he’s alone with Hoya his energy just seemed to go down. Soon enough, Hoya became affected with Myungsoo’s attitude that he let his anger get the better of him.

 

Once Hoya and Myungsoo were left together again when Myungsoo was preparing for lunch Hoya tried to initiate a conversation again.

“Hey MyungSoo-shii, do you want to head on over to the studio to practice after lunch?” Hoya asked as he helped Myungsoo set the table.

Myungsoo said nothing and instead turned and headed of the bedroom. Annoyed, Hoya stormed after Myungsoo and barged in.

“What’s your problem?!” Hoya yelled at him.

Shocked, Myungsoo rolled off his bed and stared back at him.

“What the?”

“I have been trying to talk to you for these past few weeks and you’ve been completely avoiding me. Do you have a problem?” Hoya snarled.

“No, nothing.” Myungsoo replied stoically.

“yeah, right. So you just wanted to ignore me these past few days?”

“I wasn’t ignoring you.”

“Don’t lie to me Myungsoo. Now tell me, did I do something wrong?” Hoya asked confused.

“Ohh, I don’t know. Maybe you should ask yourself.” Myungsoo snapped back, walking out the door.

Surprised, Hoya just stood there and watched Myungsoo walk away. He certainly never seen him get angry before and neither did he ever turn his back on Hoya, much less walk away from him. It took a while before he could get it together and run after Myungsoo. After a long time of wandering around, Hoya mentally smacked himself for not remembering it sooner. Knowing Myungsoo, here’s only one place he could go to whenever he’s upset. .

Quietly, Hoya opened the door to their practice room and the sound of music blasting through the stereo met Hoya’s ears. Careful not to make too much noise, he went down the stairs and was about to call Myungsoo attention when the mention of his own name made him stop. He listened as he heard him speak, voice obviously annoyed. 

“Stupid Hoya. Serves him right. He thinks that he’s the only one who has the right to get angry. Did he see me yell at him when he was ignoring the entire group before? I even tried to comfort and cheer him up but all he did was yell at me. He needs to know that there are also other people who get affected by his feelings and actions.

Hoya didn’t bother to listen to him anymore. He felt guilty about treating Myungsoo so bad before and about being so self-centred. He headed home, determined to make up up to Myungsoo.

When Myungsoo arrived home, he was greeted by an empty living room. Just as he was about to head for his bedroom, Hoya came out of his room and grabbed Myungsoo’s arm to stop him from walking away before he could finish was he was about to say.

“What, you’re going to yell at me again?” Myungsoo asked, not looking at Hoya.

“Hoya on the other hand took a deep breath, swallowed his pride and spoke,

“Look, I know I’ve been a these past few days, and I’m sorry okay.”

Hoya walked away the same time Myungsoo turned to watch him. Smiling at his hyung’s efforts.

“At least now he understands the effects of his actions.” he said as he walked to his room.

 

 


Date Accomplished: 01/28/14

Word Count: 1,147