#035 Danger: Hoya + DongWoo

∞ INFINITE 100 FIC CHALLENGE ∞

“Are you really serious about doing this?” Dongwoo’s worried voice sounded around the area.

“Don’t tell me you’re backing out now.” Hoya snarled at his friend who was standing right beside him.

The two friends stood in front of an old fashioned motorcycle, holding a helmet on the other hand and eyes b with excitement and the other filled with fear,

“Ready?” Hoya asked excitedly.

“Like I have a choice.” Dongwoo answered as he put on his helmet.

Hoya pouted at the reaction of Dongwoo but decided to ignore it. He wore his own helmet and ignited the engine. Dongwoo also climbed in behind Hoya. The latter then started t gas the bike. The rode at speeds that made Dongwoo wrap his arms around the younger one’s waist.

“Hoya slow down, I don’t want to die!” Dongwoo yelled nearly crying.

“Relax, this is fun.” Hoya said, speeding up and baking so low that their feet almost touched the ground.

Hoya continued riding down the lane, zigzagging and turning in speeds that gave Dongwoo or any other normal human being a heart attack. Hoya looked at his dinosaur friend, smiling at how the older clingged to him and burying his face on his back.

”Do you want to go faster?” Hoya asked.

“Do I have a choice?” Dongwoo replied back.

Hoya laughed as he revved the engine to will the bike to go faster, Dongwoo gripping into the latter’s waist tighter, tears building up in the corner of his eyes and already threatening to fall.

 

“Whoo! That was awesome! Don’t you think so Dongwoo?” Hoya asked as he parked his bike, took off his helmet and got off.

“Damn you Hoya! Are you trying to kill us?!” Dongwoo half yelled, half cried as he threw his helmet at him.

“Dongwoo?” Hoya asked, shocked at his friends tear’s stained face.

“You call that fun? I thought I was going to die right there.” Dongwoo replied pushing Hoya away as his friend tried to comfort him.

“I didn’t – “

“I was scared to death back there. Do you even care about how I feel?” He yelled before he walked away, leaving a dumbstruck Hoya standing alone.

 

For the following days, Hoya never spoke a word to Dongwoo. Every time they’d be in the same room together one of them would always make an excuse to leave. Hoya felt so terrible about scaring Dongwoo but knowing Dongwoo’s stubborn demeanor, it was best for Hoya to stay clear of him for a while. He leaves him alone to cool off. After a few days Hoya decided to apologize but when he spotted Dongwoo, he saw him enjoying his time with his other friends. He decides to let things be, seeing Dongwoo obviously happier with others. As Hoya walked away, Dongwoo caught a glimpse of his friend tried to call out to him but he didn’t stop. Downhearted and confused at his friends behavior, Dongwoo walked back to his group of friends, mind still buzzing with questions and still concerned about Hoya’s actions and the distance that he insisted on keeping between them.

 

More days passed and Dongwoo grew more and more distant with Hoya. He continues to spend time with others and still unaware of what his friend is doing. Without Dongwoo, Hoya still carries on his usual daring stunts. Without having to worry about scaring Dongwoo when he’s with him, Hoya’s stunts became more dangerous than usual. Hoya would always be on something new every day. Thinking that Hoya has gotten over his daring activities, Dongwoo did not bother to check up on him. However something happened that Dongwoo would never have expected.

 

“Dongwoo – shii, I need you to come to Hanwon Hospital, doom 208, as soon as you can please.” An unfamiliar voice sounded in the other end of the phone. Confused and worried, Dongwoo followed the speaker’s request without question. Once inside the hospital building, he went up the second floor and began counting the rooms. The moment he reached the said room his stomach dropped as he began to read the label on the door. He reached out his shaking hand and opened the door slowly. He walked in, every step he took felt like daggers piercing his chest, his eyesight blurring with tears, chest tightening as he stared at Hoya’s bandage covered body lying on the hospital bed in front of him.

 

Days passed and Hoya still has not gained consciousness. All that time Dongwoo never left his side, not wanting to sleep in case Hoya wakes up. After almost a week Dongwoo finally dozed off after several sleepless nights. The following morning, Hoya stirred at the weight on the side of his bed. He opened his eyes, blinking, trying to adjust to the sudden burst of light. He lifted his hand, which was only then did he realize that it was connected to an IV and ran his fingers through the older one’s hair. Surprised at the sudden touch, Dongwoo woke up and upon seeing that his friend was already awake, burst into tears, burying his face on Hoya’s chest, which was the only area which was not covered in bandages or in a cast.

“Hoya I’m sorry, I never should’ve left you by yourself. I’m sorry for not taking care of you. I was so scared; I thought I was going to lose you.” Dongwoo said in between sobs, and looked up to meet Hoya’s deep brown eyes. Hoya brought up his free hand and wiped away Dongwoo’s tears. He smiled a soft smile causing the older one to let out another sob while standing up. He leaned forward and brought his lips to his.

 

‘Dongwoo, thank you. I know how scared you are when you’re with me. I feel your body shaking, your heartbeat racing and I can see the fear in your eyes but still you support me. Thank you for that. Please understand, in case you don’t know the only reason why I do these things because it is the only time when I can actually feel that you love me. I feel your caring attention, your sincerity, your concern. It seems like you only pay attention to me whenever I do something daring. All those times you’d hug me after our stunts, when you’re afraid or whenever you feel like crying, it was during those times that I’d feel you really care for me. It was in the face of danger that I get this feeling, the same feeling that I get when you say those three words. Three words that always make my day, those three words, I love you.’ Hoya said to himself as Dongwoo fell into deep sleep against his chest.

 


Date Accomplished: 11/ 27/ 13

Word count: 1,120