#023: Spray Paint WooHyun + SungGyu

∞ INFINITE 100 FIC CHALLENGE ∞

“Sunggyu-ahh, I’m bored.”

“You’re not the only one Woohyun.”

“What do you think we should do?” The latter asked.

The two boys sitting by the school’s rooftop were not debating between each other what they can do for the rest of the day. They had skipped class for that afternoon, not wanting to spend 3 hours sitting in a classroom while taking about human psychophysiology and all that crap.

“Hey Woohyun, do you still have that left-over spray paint from before?” Sunggyu asked, suddenly getting an idea.

“Yeah, I kept it in that vacant locker beside mine. Why?”

“Come on, I’ve got an idea.” Sunggyu said standing up and picking up his things.

Woohyun followed suit without question, excited about their plan. They went down to the locker areas, grabbed the box filled with almost 4 dozen cans of spray paint, all of different colors.

“Follow me.” Sunggyu nodded towards Woohyun and they headed to the back of the building.

“What are we doing to do here?” Woohyun asked.

“What do you think?” Sunggyu asked back as he picked up a can and began spray painting the wall.

Woohyun smiled at the other’s idea and immediately grabbed his own can of paint and begun.

“What are you painting?” Sunggyu asked

“You’ll see.” Woohyun replied, obviously putting effort in his work.

“Come on. I wanna know.” Sunggyu said while walking over to the other’s side to look at his work.

“Yah! I’ll show it to you later.” Woohyun complained as he pushed the other back to his own side.

They continued on their own works and only until when they heard someone open the door did they stopped. By instinct, they immediately grabbed their box and their bags and ran from the scene. A teacher then passed by their works and stopped to take a closer look. After examining the two portraits the teacher then went back inside the building. The two waited a little while longer before following inside. They kept their things, washed away any sign of paint on their hands and snuck back to their class.

 

“Sunggyu-shii, do you want to stay behind this afternoon?” Woohyun asked the other as they walked to their next class.

“Why? If you need help with your other subjects then you better not ask me for help.”  Sunggyu said in a warning tone.

“No, it’s not that. I just want to finish painting that wall.” Woohyun replied as he ran his hand through his hair.

“Oh, sure. I was actually thinking of the same thing. After class?”

“Sure, see you.” Woohyun waved as he headed back to his class.

 

In the past these two were never actually the best of friends. In fact Woohyun didn’t even know Sunggyu existed until about a year ago. Back then, Woohyun was in a very happy relationship with a guy in his class, his name was Myungsoo. However their relationship hit a bumpy road. It started when Myungsoo met Sungjong, who was that time, Sunggyu’s boyfriend. The two became closer and before they knew it, a relationship started between the Myungsoo and Sungjong and Woohyun’s and Sunggyu’s began falling apart. It wasn’t’ long before Myungsoo and Sungjong made their relationship official and broke off their previous relationships. Thanks to each other’s support, they were able to get over their break ups and it wasn’t long before they themselves grew from friends to best friends and became closer.

 

“I’m almost done.” Sunggyu happily announced as he added the finishing touches to his work.

“What did you do?” Woohyun asked as he set down the can he was holding and went to look at the other’s drawing.

Woohyun gaped at the painting that his best friend had drawn on the wall. It was an image of 2 boys sitting on a bench and watching the sunset, their backs facing them but the long blonde hair of the thinner male was a sure sign that it was unmistakably Sungjong’s. A slight pang of envy struck Woohyun as he realized what Sunggyu had painted.

“I know it’s been almost a year but I still hope that I’ll be able to bring this back.” Sunggyu said as he stepped back to survey his work.

“Oh, I see.” Woohyun replied, trying to hide his disappointment.

The two looked up at the painting of Sunggyu with Sungjong. The blonde haired boy was holding the other male’s hand as they sat on a bench along the shores of the beach with the sun beginning to set. It was a really romantic scene for others but for Woohyun, it just served as a reminder that he’s just a rebound. Nothing but a friend to Sunggyu.

“What did you paint—“

Sunggyu’s question was cut short when the bell rang signaling the end of classes.

“Oh, I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sunggyu said as he picked up his bah and prepared to leave.

“Alright. I’ll just clean up here.” Woohyun replied.

Sunggyu left but Woohyun still continued working on the painting. Only when the sun has set did Woohyun decided to call it a day. He finished his work, cleared up the area and headed home. On his way home however, he bumped into someone he wasn’t expecting to see.

Sunggyu was seated on the swing, staring at the ground and looking upset. Woohyun carefully approached his friend.

“Gyu? You okay?”

Sunggyu looked up and smiled at the other.

“Hey Woohyun, What brings you here?”

“I could ask you the same thing. I thought you left hours ago.”

“I didn’t feel like going home. I don’t need another shouting match with my dad.”

Woohyun shook his head at his friend. He took a seat on the swing next to him.

“What happened now?”

Sunggyu started to tell Woohyun about his past problems with his family. He opened up about what’s happening between the relationships of their parents, their increasing arguments with his father and how their mother would always get beaten up by their dad. Sunggyu was hurt and Woohyun wanted to do something to help him.

“Come with me.” Woohyun said as he stood up.

“Where are we going?” Sunggyu asked as he followed Woohyun.

“A place where I go whenever I’m upset.” Woohyun smiled at the other.

They went up a hill which overlooked the whole place. The lights of the city shined beautifully in contrast to the dark evening sky. They sat down on the grass and began to talk.

“Thanks Woohyun.”

“For what?”

“It’s nice that I finally have someone to talk to. I never had this kind of conversation with Sungjong before.”

“Don’t mention it. As long as you need someone to talk to, you can always run to me.”

Sunggyu leaned on Woohyun’s shoulder as they continued gazing at the stars. Woohyun smiled as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. This is what he had hoped for, exactly what he had painted.

 

 


Date Accomplished : 12/11/13

Word Count: 1,158