#019 Campus Couple: MyungSoo + SungYeol

∞ INFINITE 100 FIC CHALLENGE ∞

“Yeollie baby, time for us to go.” Myungsoo ran his hand through the hair of the sleeping boy whose head was positioned comfortably on his lap.

“I don’t want to move yet Myungie. I’m quite comfortable here.” Sungyeol said turning to lie on his back and face his boyfriend.

Myungsoo smiled at his lover’s childishness. He had to admit, his pre-schooler like boyfriend is everything he can ever ask for. Sungyeol makes up for what he lacks. He brings out the kid in him. With him, he’s able to remove his chic image and just be himself. Sungyeol knows how to get in Myungsoo’s soft spot, how to keep Myungsoo for himself but most importantly, he can see the real Myungsoo. He’s the first person to who can actually see through him. He sees beyond the handsome and cool façade that he would always put up, beyond the constant assurance of the younger one that he’s alright, beyond the mature and strong image of their class president, Sungyeol was able to see this small fragile child that wanted to be taken care of, a child that longed to cry on someone’s shoulder. No matter how much Myungsoo tried to hide how he truly feels, Sungyeol always seemed to be able to see through him. Sungyeol was special.

“Yeollie, come on, the other students are already leaving and we still have classes you know.” Myungsoo insisted.

“Alright, I’m coming.” Sungyeol said, finally getting up and ruffling Myungsoo’s hair. “Why do you always have to be the diligent one?”

Myungsoo smiled at the other and leaned forward, planting a kiss on the older one’s lips.

“I love you.” Sungyeol said as he pulled away, making Myungsoo blush.

“I love you too.” Myungsoo replied, caressing the other one’s cheek.

 

Earning stares and whispers while walking down the corridors of their school building was not new to the couple but this time, there were twice as many people and it was making Sungyeol feel uncomfortable.

“Myungie, aren’t their stares bothering you at all?” Sungyeol asked, cowering behind Myungsoo.

“Ignore them my dear.” Myungsoo replied, taking the older one’s hand and intertwining his fingers with the other, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Sungyeol continued to feel awkward with all the attention. His eyes kept darting from one place to another, imagining what they were talking about until Myungsoo spoke.

“Sungyeol-ahh, I need to meet with our teacher later, please don’t wait for me anymore.”

“Oh, okay the. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” The other replied.

 

The following day Sungyeol arrived in school and noticed that Myungsoo was not is his usual place. ‘Maybe he’s in the teacher’s lounge, running some errands for our teachers.’ He thought to himself as he sat down in his usual area and prepared for their classes. Their professor came and their lectures began and Myungsoo still has not arrived and it was starting to worry him. It was already their lunch break when Myungsoo had finally arrived in school, looking haggard and sleep deprived.

“What happened to you?” You…” Sungyeol asked frantically.

“Yeah I know. I look like death.” Myungsoo replied leaning on Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“Are you alright?” The older asked, looking at his exhausted boyfriend.

“Please stay still first. I’m just going to catch my breath.” He replied breathing heavily.

Sungyeol watched as the younger male’s breathing slows down and his tired face slowly showing an expression of calmness and comfort. Sungyeol reached a hand up and brushed the hair off his eyes.

“I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too.” The other replied breathlessly, lifting his head off his boyfriend’s shoulder. Sungyeol then cupped both of his lover’s cheeks and planted a swift kiss on his forehead.

“Let’s go back to class?” Sungyeol asked.

“Let’s stay still like this for another minute.”

“But don’t we still have class?”

“Forget class. Come with me first.” Myungsoo said as he stood up and extended his hand to the other.

Confused, Sungyeol followed the younger’s lead and took his hand. They walked up several flights of stairs, passed several floors until they reached the staircase leading up to the roof, which was, if Sungyeol’s memory serves him right, an off-limits area.

“Myungie, are we even allowed here.”

“Just follow my lead and don’t ask questions.”

Surprised at Myungsoo’s sudden act of disobeying the rules, Sungyeol became more curious about what his boyfriend was up to. Myungsoo has never been the one to break school rules, or any rule for that matter, he plays by the rules. He was a model student and his was not the kind of Myungsoo that he was used to seeing. First, they are currently skipping classes, which Myungsoo only did when a teacher needed to talk to him or he’s not feeling well and second, they’re currently waking off to an off-limits area. Sungyeol was too absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn’t notice that Myungsoo had already stopped walking.

“Do you trust me?” he asked the taller one.

“Of course my love.”

Myungsoo smiled and pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and tied it around his lover’s eyes. He opened the door leading to the roof and carefully led him out.

“You asked me what happened. While I was gone I had actually asked permission from our teacher for this. As much as I did not want to leave you, I had to prepare this. I wanted it to extra special you see.” He said as he stood behind Sungyeol and removed his blindfold revealing a breathtaking sight.

 

Myungsoo had hanged 365 pictures Sungyeol around the rooftop area, one picture for every day that they were together for the entire year. He had actually had some of his pictures stolen shots so as not to make it suspicious that he was preparing something. In the middle was a table surrounded by delicately folded paper cranes, all of different pastel colors. Myungsoo had spent almost an entire month trying to fold exactly 1,000 of them and on top of the table was a jar filled with rolled up pieces of paper. The paper contained encouraging notes that Myungsoo himself wrote.  Sungyeol carefully walked towards the jar, not wanting to step on any of the paper cranes and read the note attached to it.

‘Whenever you’re feeling down and I’m not around, just pick one :) ’

“Myungsoo when did you?” Sungyeol asked tears starting to form in the corners of his eyes.

For an answer Myungsoo placed a hand at the back of Sungyeol’s neck and placed a deep kiss on his lips.

“Happy Anniversary my love.”

 

 


Date Accomplished: 11/ 28/ 13

Word count: 1,106