#033 Rain: WooHyun + SungJong

∞ INFINITE 100 FIC CHALLENGE ∞

Waahhh! It’s good to be home, don’t you think so Sungjong?” Woohyun groaned as he plopped down on the floor of their living room, Sungjong sitting on the sofa.

“Aish, you’re so lazy hyung.” Sungjong said as he playfully kicked Woohyun.

“Hey kid, I have twice the number of practice hours than you and for your information it’s not easy holding a high note while dancing you know.”

“Jeez, relax hyung, I was only teasing you.” Sungjong said hugging his hyung.

 

Woohyun and Sungjong were the only ones at home that day because they were the only ones who finished their schedule early. It wasn’t long after they got home did the rain began to pour.

“Hyung, it’s raining.” Sungjong said as he looked out the window.

“I know Sungjong.” Woohyun replied lazily.

“Hyung, come with me” Sungjong said, tugging at the sleeve of Woohyun’s shirt.

“What now Sungjong?” Woohyun asked, lifting his head to look at the younger one.

“Join me; I wanna play in the rain.” Sungjong said.

“Sungjong, you’re too old to play in the rain.” Woohyun replied repremandingly.

“But hyung.” Sungjong whined.

“If you don’t want to listen to me fine, go alone.”

“Bu it’s no fun to go alone.” Sungjong replied pouting.

Woohyun eyed the young boy who was sitting cross-legged on the floor looking upset.

“Fine, just this once alright.”

“Yes! Thank you hyung!” Sungjong said as he jumped up and hugged him.

 

“I’m home!” Woohyun called out as he entered their dorm.

Days after Sungjong’s and Woohyun’s fun under the rain, Woohyun was once again found arriving home from practice and heading straight to his bedroom. Ho sat on his bend and pulled out his phone to check on where his fellow members are when out of nowhere, a loud voice erupted from the other room. Surprised, Woohyun placed his phone on his bed and headed to check on what’s going on. He stood in front of Sungjong’s bedroom, unsure whether he should knock or just enter. Before he could do anything however, a loud thump against the door made him jump. Woohyun decided to wait several minutes before checking up on him once again. It wasn’t long until Sungjong’s phone rang but this time there wasn’t any shouting, instead silence and seconds later, Sungjong barged out of the room, walked passed Woohyun and straight out the door.

“Sungjong-ahh, what’s wrong?” Woohyun asked staring at the door behind the younger boy.

 

It had been past an hour before Sungjong came back and his expression was nothing like the usual Sungjong. He was gloomy and his face was dark and upset. Upon arriving he did not acknowledge Woohyun’s presence at all, instead went straight to his room and slammed the door behind him. He allowed Sungjong to blow off some steam before knocking and entering the room.

“Sungjong-ahh, are you okay?” he asked peeping inside.

There was no response.

“Sungjong-ahh, what’s wrong?” He asked walking inside.

“Oh, Woohyun-hyung, I didn’t realize you were here.” Sungjong replied looking up at him.

Woohyun pouted. “You passed by me twice earlier and you didn’t realize I was here? Come on Sungjong, tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing hyung. I’m fine.”

“Don’t tell me you’re alright, I know you’re not.”

“I told you I’m fine hyung, would you just leave me alone!” Sungjong said, nearly yelling.

As if on cue, rain began to pour and Woohyun’s attention was brought away from the conversation.

“Sungjong-shii, look, it’s raining.” Woohyun said, looking out the window dreamily.

“I know hyung, I’m not stupid.” Sungjong replied crossly, eyes cold and filled with anger.

Woohyun pouted at their maknae’s indifference.

“Sungjong-ahh, come with me.” Woohyun said as he extended his hand towards the younger boy.

“Hyung, whatever you’re planning to do, do it by yourself.” Sungjong replied turning away from the older boy.

“Just come with me will you.” Woohyun said as he wrapped his arm around the latter’s torso and pulled him up.

“Hyung, what are you doing? Let me go will you!” Sungjong struggled to get out of his hyung’s grasp.

 

Despite their maknae’s protest, Woohyun dragged Sungjong out of his room. The maknae attempted to pry his hyung’s hand off his arm but to his surprise, Woohyun was actually quite strong. Sungjong continued struggling against the latter’s grasp, grabbing onto anything that may help him stop Woohyun from half carrying, half dragging him to God knows where. Determined to carry on with his plan, Woohyun attempt did not stop despite the younger one’s resistance. Deep inside, Woohyun found it amusing, their maknae acting like a little kid who’s being brought to the doctor, a kid who’s being pulled away from the playground, it was actually kinda cute. Woohyun continued to drag Sungjong until they reached the door.

“Put on your shoes.” Woohyun ordered.

“What now?” Sungjong complained, simply refusing to war his shoes.

“Wear them or I’ll be the one to put it on you.” Woohyun shot back sharply.

“Alright, alright.” Sungjong complied unwillingly.

They were about to step out of the door but Sungjong stopped.

“Aren’t we going to bring an umbrella?” Sungjong asked.

“Nope.” Woohyun replied as he shook his head.

“Hyung, I’m not in the mood to play.” Sungjong complained.

“Who said anything about playing?”

The two stepped out of their door and within a matter of minutes, they were both soaking wet.

“Hyung, what are you doing? People are looking at us.” Sungjong asked.

For an answer Woohyun walked closer to Sungjong and just gave him a tight hug,

“Relax Jongie. Forget about the people watching us. Just imagine that’s just the two of us.” Woohyun whispered to the younger one

Surprised at his hyung’s actions, a wave of emotions swept over him and Sungjong found himself sobbing on his hyung’s shoulder, opening up to him all about his problems.

“Thank you hyung.” Sungjong said as they headed back to their dorm soaking wet, but feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

“No problem, anything for our maknae.” Woohyun said as he patted the younger one’s back.

‘I never thought that the rain can also cheer you up in its own way, just like you hyung.” Sungjong said to himself as he smiled at Woohyun and watched as he entered the dorm.

 

 


Date Accomplished : 12/02/13

Word Count: 1,050