A Greenhorn

Beyond Two Souls

 

 

Yunseo's POV

I told Baekhyun the story. And his expression was suprisingly calm. Many people wouldn't understand how I feel. Not only to be stuck with a 'ghost'. But to lose someone you love. Most of my 'friends' think I'm weird and they said that I was lying. But when I showed them the truth they'd run away and act like they don't know me. 

He told me that he would help me end this problem but before he could keep that promise, he would first send me to school. I was about to reject his idea immediately but I couldn't waste my time sitting at home when I can study at school, get good grades, a decent future job and live happily ever after. Well, not until I solve this soul thingy.

So we took a taxi and headed to the nearest school. 

At first, the place looked utterly familiar until I realised that I've come here about two days ago. This was the school that Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol was sent to. Is Baekhyun really going to send me here?

"It's a good thing I didn't forget your documents before coming here, or we would have to make a u-turn" he grinned.

We entered the school building and was dumbfounded by it's amazing architecture. The interior design made it looked like we were in a university somewhere outside South Korea. Decent greens were decorated along the hallway. My eyes traveled around the room. As soon as I saw a signage, I tugged Baekhyun's sleeve. "Baekhyun, it's that way"

 

"OFFICE"

 

Baekhyun and I greeted the teacher and told her that I wanted to transfer. She looked confused and asked me "Are you sure you want to transfer at this time of the year? School is ending in about 2 months!" 

I didn't know what to answer until I realised that I was in my last year and I had to sit in an important exam. I smiled and replied "The College Entrance Exam, I- I need to sit for that" 

shaped an O and nodded. I guess she understood. She took out a form and handed to me for us to fill in. "You may sit there, there are a few pens that you could use" she pointed at a coffee table near the door. We bowed and went to take a seat.

I saw a highlighted section on the form and apparently it was the school fees.

"125,000 PER MONTH?!" I accidently shouted. Everyone in the room turned their heads to me. I bowed and repeatedly apologize.

"Baekhyun, it's too expensive." I complained.

"I know" he smiled.

"You could've told me earlier! I would've chosen another school!" I put down the pen.

"And leave you alone when you know no one? I'm not taking risks. Besides, you have Sehun here." 

"Well, I'm prefectly fine with being alone. And I don't need Sehun." 

 

A few moments after the school bell rang, a student came in and he looked suprisingly familiar. He was about to head to the counter when he stopped and faced me. "Yunseo?" he asked.

I stood up and bowed "Annyeonghaseyo, Chanyeol"

Before I could even ask how he was doing, he immediately ran out from the office. Baekhyun eyed at me looking confused. I shrugged, telling him that I was confused too.

 

 

 


 

Sehun's POV

 

As the school bell rang, the teacher closed his book and said "Okay,  that's all for today. I remind you again, this exam will determine your future. Please do your best"

The classroom stood and bowed to the teacher. Everyone packed up and was ready to leave school. There was a faint voice that gradually grew louder shouting "Sehun! Sehun! Sehun!" and then I saw Chanyeol (who was the one shouting all this time) panting in front of the classroom door. "Yunseo, she's here! She's getting transfered!"

"What?!' I ran out of the classroom and headed to the office. When I arrived, there was no one except for the teachers and a janitor who was busy cleaning the room. I asked Mrs. Jang "Did you happen to see a girl with a long brown hair? A new transfer student?"

"Well if you're talking about Cha Yunseo, then you can search for her at the store department."

I bowed and left the room. As soon as I got out from the office, a few girls was waiting to give something.

"Sehun oppa, please accept my-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm really in a hurry." I left the scene.

 

Tired running, I arrived at the store empty handed. Yunseo wasn't there. Unfortunately, she just left. I gave up and couldn't understand why I was so eager to see her in the first place. I went to my classroom and saw Chanyeol and Kai sitting at my place. 

"Get your of my table, please" Chanyeol obeyed. 

"So, where is she? Is she really getting transfered?" asked the tanned boy.

"I dont know. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Come on, we have to practice" I answered and packed my stuff.

 

 


 

Author's POV

 

And so the next day, both of them woke up early to go to school. Both of them excited with their own reasons. Yunseo, wanted to study hard so she could enter her desired university. While Sehun on the other hand, wanted to see Yunseo. 

 

"You like her don't you."

Sehun kept quiet. He knew answering them wouldn't help but keeping it inside burns him either way.

"B-but why? You just met her"

"I don't know hyung, I just do."

 

Sehun fixed his collar and put on his coat. He took his scarf and wrapped it around his neck making sure he's dressing warm enough to face the weather. He took another scarf and grabbed his bag. 

Yunseo checked herself in the mirror and proudly smile. Her fingers brushed the name tag on her coat. "I'm officially a student in Jeguk High. Wow" She went out from her room and saw Baekhyun sitting on the sofa, waiting for her "Waah, it looks good on you. Let's go!"

"Wait, you're sending me?"

"Of course, it's your first day of school in Jeguk!"

 

They went to her school by foot, it only took about 10 minutes to arrive there. Baekhyun bid his farewell and left the site. Yunseo took a deep breath and step into the school grounds. She fixed her bag and searched her pocket for her cellphone when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped a scarf around her neck from behind. Yunseo was suprised from the sudden generosity. Not only the scarf but his arms wrapped around her, hugging her from behind. 

"You're going to get a cold if you're not careful." He said.

Yunseo flustered and turned around making him being pushed back a little. Her eyes widen in shock. 

"W-what are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine!" she brushed her uniform. 

"Yeah right. Hey, give me your phone." 

"Why?" she hid her phone behind her back

"Yah, hurry up. It's an emergency." he pouted

"Just use your own then!" she took a step backward.

Sehun casually grabbed her arm and took her phone. Using her phone, he called his and saved each others' number. "If anything happens, just call me" he returned her phone and left.

Yunseo checked her phone and saw a new contact  "누나부자" (noona rich) she rolled her eyes at his childish actions and went to class.

 

 

 


 

Yunseo's POV

 

Self introduction was a very common thing to do as soon as you were transfered into a new school, and that was what I did. 

"Annyeonghaseyo" I bowed. "I am Cha Yunseo. I'm originally a student from Yungjeok High but I decided to transfer here because of personal reasons. I heard that the school is popular for it's great academic achievements and amazing curiculum activities. I hope the students here are great too. Pleased to meet you" I bowed and the teacher showed me my seat.

My deskmate was a girl and she is really pretty. She had brown wavy hair and curled in the end. Suprisingly, for an asian like me, her eyes were blue! Her other features were not bad at all. I bet she's really popular. 

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Bomi" She greeted. Her smile was even more gorgeous. And her voice was very nice too.

"Nice to meet you too. I hope we can be good friends." I replied.

"I thought we already are!" she giggled.

The teacher grabbed everyones' attention by clapping his hands and said "Alright, in less than 2 months you'll be facing a big exam and we really want you to do your best and achieve the best. Therefore, I would like to assign each and everyone of you a project. 3-4 people ONLY.  I will hand out the instruction paper later. For now, please sit in your group."

"So, I guess it's just the two of us. We need another per-" 

"And here he is" Bomi beamed.

Just then, a tanned boy came and knocked on the door. "I'm sorry I'm late." he bowed to the teacher and he let him take his seat. The boy headed to our direction and dragged a chair from his place. 

"Annyeong Bomi, Yunseo. Sorry I'm late, mom was in a bad mood this morning" he said as he placed his bag down.

"Yunseo, this is my boyfriend K-"

"Kim Jongin, or better known as Kai. We've met before." I said making Bomi a bit suprised.

"Glad you remembered." Kai smiled.

"Alright, let's start discussing" said Bomi.

 

 

 

 

haha. stupid update. bye.

 ✿ 

 

comment.

rate.

subscribed.

hearteu.