The Last One on Duty

Beyond Two Souls

sorry for the short update xx

 

Author's POV

 

   "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" shouted Kai as soon as he arrived at Sehun's apartment. Luhan, Lay and Chanyeol tagged along. 

    In the corner of the room, Sehun was still holding traumatized Yunseo. Her body shivered so much, Sehun was afraid that even a slight shock would break her. Sehun held her tightly and told Chanyeol to grab a blanket from his room. Chanyeol obeyed and went. Lay and Luhan scanned the room looking for clues for the cause of the disaster. Kai came to Sehun and kneeled down "is she going to be okay?" It took a moment for Sehun to answer but he nodded to Kai and showed him a small smile. "She'll be fine'"

  

    Little did they know, Kyungsoo was infront of them staring at Yunseo. He felt his heart being ripped into pieces.

    "That was my promise, I'm sorry."

    And he disappeared.

 

      


 

 

    A few days passed, Sehun was already at school and Yunseo couldn't find any sign of Kyungsoo's prescence. Was it something I said?  Yunseo was really worried; did it took him away? I, I hope not . Hoping that the dark mist didn't touch him, Yunseo went off to a park downtown. She walked on the pavement, leading her further, and further from the busy streets. The leaves from the trees were full on the ground making the trees bald. She kicked the leaves thinking of words to say. 

    "Are you still there?" she asks

     "Are you mad at me?" no replies

    "Please, just give me a sign. I need one"

     The leaves grumbled and began to fly around Yunseo, twirling and dancing with the wind. Yunseo felt glad as she knew he was still there, still listening to her. She took a few steps and sat on the ground. 

     I'm sorry

     "Don't be, I was the one who should apologize"

     I should've protected you. 

    "Are you nuts? If those things touch you, you'll be gone for good! I don't want to lose someone I love, not again"

     It went silent, and Kyungsoo slowly approached Yunseo. He remembered how Yunseo would look at his eyes, and his heart broke. She will never see me the same way I see her ever again. 

     Yunseo lied down on the grass, admiring the clouds in the sky. Free to move around, free to cry whenever they want. And when they block the Sun's light, no one would judge them. She wished she was one of the clouds, to be free. She remembered Kyungsoo, dying to ask, she held back. Even if Kyungsoo was a spirit,  he was never free from the start. Sometimes, she thought Kyungsoo was living a harder life than she is. His parents would scold him everytime if he does a slight mistake, not acing his exam, going out secretly to his friend's party, or sneaking out the the playground in our housing area, to meet her. Every little thing Kyungsoo does, even when other people didn't notice. His love will always shine. 

 

     

     Yunseo was a 1st year in junior high, being a new student is really hard for her to cope with the school's surroundings. She managed to make a few friends that could help her guide around the area. She even met her ex-schoolmate from primary school, Im Rani. The first week was fine and she caught up with the studies quite fast compared to her friends. 

    One day, the school announced that new students could apply to their clubs by filling up the form on the notice board. Yunseo scanned for some clubs that caught her attention. Music club? Yunseo wasn't the type to sing or dance! But she does know how to play the piano. So she wrote her name on the form.

   The next day, everyone went to their respective clubs for their first activity. In the music club, the students were divided into three groups and headed to their rooms according to their choices. 1st room for singing, 2nd is for dancing, and 3rd is for playing musical instruments. For my group, a senior named Kim Jongdae was the one who would lead us for the activities throughout the year. He introduced the other members and explained on what and which kind of performance we will be performing.

  "For the Valentines event, there will be 16 strings player, a few winds and a pianist. So if you're interested, I will give the scores today so you could practice. There will be an audition"

   Yunseo wasn't thinking of participating as the only pianist in the club was Yunseo and a senior named Jino. And it was obvious that they'd let the seniors first then juniors. 

   After the club activity was over, Yunseo was on duty to check the music room so that everyone emptied it. While she was walking down the hallway, she heard a voice, singing in one of the rooms. Yunseo followed to voice and found herself at the end of the hallway, infront of a room labeled "Vocal training". It's... a boy she told herself. The door has a narrow window and so she peeked through it. A boy with dark hair singing a song. His voice was smooth and sweet yet strong and full with emotions which made her fall in love with his voice.  And from that day on, she would always volunteer to be the last one on duty.

   

 

   A wind blew and Yunseo got back to her senses, she checked her watch and it was already 1:23. Yunseo got up to her feet and started walking. On her way back, she noticed high school students were busy going home "Jaeguk high? Ah, Sehun's school." Yunseo headed to the school's direction and waited at the gate. Yunseo layed against the wall and stated kicking pebbles on the ground. "What is taking him so long?" she got bored and was about to go back home by herself when the students' voices grew louder. 

  "Oppa! Please accept my gift!"

  "No! take mine! Please celebrate christmas eve with me!"

    Oppa, this oppa that. Yunseo was disgusted with the girls childish attitude. Can't they see Sehun is annoyed? Sehun scratched his head and sighed. Beside him were Kai and Chanyeol, also being treated the same. Except, they kinda seem to like the attention. When the three of them reached the gate, they were suprised when they saw Yunseo. "Oh? Yunseo-ah? Annyeong" greeted the giant. Sehun grabbed and hurriedly left the place. "yah! Where are you going?!" shouted Kai.

    

 

 


 

 

Sehun's POV

    As soon as we got on the elevator, I let go of Yunseo's arm and she checked for any bruises. "You grabbed me too hard, I was afraid that you'd bruise me or something." I kept silent, ignoring her complains. "Why did you pulled me away? I was about to take a glance at your school" What a dumb question. "yah, Sehun? Sehun! OH SE-" I pulled her and kissed her. That will shut her up. The elevator opened and I stepped out. She followed behind quietly. I guess she's in shock. "If you stayed there longer, I can't promise you'd be safe back there."

   I took out the key and unlocked the door, suprisingly, the door opened easily as if someone was already inside. "That's weird, is noona home early?" I opened the door and we went inside. "Oh, you're back!" welcomed Suho hyung. I noticed there was another guy sitting across him. Brown hair, casual clothes, familliar pose. 

  

 

 

   "Hey, I'm back"

 

    

 

 

 ✿ 

 

comment.

rate.

subscribed.

hearteu.