Bloody walls.

Beyond Two Souls

 

 

Author's POV

After school, Yunseo stayed at the library to search for additional information to add on her project. She browsed through the shelves of books for related content. She did saw a few book and so she took them and placed it on her working table. Suddenly, an odd looking book caught her attention. Dark purple in colour with a black border. The cover was horrifying enough to let fear crawl into her skin. She somehow felt familiar with it's presence but her consciousness told her to put the book aside and she obeyed. After gathering enough books, she went through one by one and began jotting down some notes on her notebook.

 

A boy entered the library and apparently he was searching for someone. He walked slowly from the entrance, eyeing every corner of the library. He noticed a familiar brown haired girl and walked towards her direction. 

From behind, he leaned forward and asked "I'm sorry, but have you seen Cha Yunseo around here?"

She  turned around and answered "I'm Cha Yu-" she saw his face smiling widely with his eyesmile and she sighed. 

"Sehun, if you're planning to have a nice chit chat with me, please do it some other time." she continued focusing on her work.

 

He pulled the chair beside her and sat down. He took out a pen and a piece of paper and wrote something down. Finished, he passed it to Yunseo.

"How long has it been since you've been here? 2 hours?"

Yunseo read the note and said "Only for an hour." and focused back on her work.

"You're boring, school is over. Let's go out and play!"  He doodled some cartoons on the paper.

"I can't, I have work to do." she pushed away the paper.

 

Even if she wasn't looking, she could sense that Sehun was pouting. Feeling disappointed, he rested his head on the table facing Yunseo, staring at her. He said "You know, homework is supposed to be done at home."

"Well, I don't have these books at home which will be hard for me to the information. And besides, if I were to do this at home, then we'll have no time to spend with each other." she said while writing. 

 

"That's what the internet is for! You should, wait" he paused and quickly sat up straight and looked at her. "You mean, you want to go out with me? Like, hang out?"

She nodded. "Right after I have finish with this, so please, let me do my work" 

Sehun nodded and was smiling too widely his cheeks hurt. But he didn't care, he was waiting for this moment all day long. All those thinking in class made him worried of what to say to make her say yes. He rested his head again and accidently slept while waiting for her.

 

An hour later, Yunseo managed to finish her research. She stretched her arms and softly shouted "Yes! It's done! Now le-" she then noticed that Sehun was asleep all this time, no wonder he didn't reply any of her questions. She poked his arms and shook him gently "Sehun, I'm done. Let's go"

Sehun heard a voice and slowly opened his eyes, he nearly fell on his back when he saw Yunseo's face a few inches from his. He quickly stood up and fixed his uniform. "I'm up." He fixed his hair and noticed that the library was already empty except for a librarian who was immersed to his laptop.

They grabbed their things and head out. The hallway was pretty empty, but they could still see a few teachers walking here and there. 

"So, where are we going?" she asked

"First and foremost! Bubble tea is a must." Sehun said proudly.

"You like bubble tea?"

"I LOVE IT. Don't you?" he asked putting his hands in his pocket.

"I've never tasted it before."

"Then, let's go!' he grabbed Yunseo's hand and dragged her along the hallway. Yunseo was supprised with the sudden contact and she blushed a little. But before they reached the school gate she remembered something.

"Wait!" she checked her bag. "I think I left my purse in the girl's room."

 

So they went back and headed to the girl's room. Yunseo gave her bag to Sehun and said "wait here"

Sehun smirked and said "You expect me to come with you?"

She rolled her eyes and entered the girl's room. Her eyes searched for her purse on the sinks, but she didn't spot any blue square shaped purse. She continued looking for it and saw it on the floor. "I guess it fell" She crouched down and took her purse. 

Right before she got up, she noticed a stranged coloured puddle infront of her followed by a horrible stench. The puddle led to a stall located at the end of the bathroom. And because of her curiosity, she stood up and walked towards the stall's direction. Slowly, she could feel the hair on the back of her neck stood up. 

 

Sehun on the otherside was busy playing games on his phone. "Ah! stupid robot. MOVE!" 

The screen blinked and wrote GAME OVER signalling his defeat. He kept his phone in his pocket and was about to sit down when he heard a scream from the girl's room. He knew it was Yunseo's voice. He shouted her name and ran inside.

He saw Yunseo on the floor trembling with fear. She looked exactly like how she was during the car accident, but worse. Sehun quickly came to her and hugged her close. "Are you okay? What happened?" He wiped her tears and her hair. Yunseo said hesitantly with a shaky voice. "Th-there" her finger pointed to a stall. 

A girl's body was hung on the celling and blood was dripping. 

Sehun saw the name on her unifrom.
 

"."

 

 

Im Bomi.

 


 

Sehun paid the cashier and took the bubble teas from the counter and headead towards Yunseo who was sitting and staring at the table in the corner of the shop. Her eyes was empty but filled with terror. Her hands were still shaking. Sehun was mad at himself because he couldn't do anything, for the third time. He wanted to comfort her with words. But nothing is okay when the person you've just met died terribly infront of your eyes. 

 

"Her arms were deeply cut and there was a few other cuts on her legs as well. The pocketknife on her side has her thumbprint. The investigation group said that it might be a suicide." said the police

 

He took her hands and kissed it  "Yunseo, please look at me"

Her eyes met his but they were still empty. Sehun took the courage and tried to keep her calm. 

"It wasn't your fault. You know it! Please, I hate seeing you like this."

Tears started to build, Sehun didn't know what to do. He grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the shop. 

"I'm sorry." he cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. 

Yunseo eyes widen in supprise as she never thought that it could happen in this state of mind. She pushed him back and shouted "What are you doing?!" which made people staring at them with weird thoughts.

"Finally you realise that I'm here" he grinned

"You could've tried some other way!" her anger started to rise

"Believe me, I tried" he shrugged.

Yunseo felt her anger drove away but a pang in her chest as the guilt started to grow. She realised that she was being too selfish with her thoughts that she almost forget about Sehun who was busy calming her down for the last 2 hours. Sehun knew her more than she did, and he should definately be in a much more depressing state, but he choose not to. 

Finally words came out from Yunseo's mouth, in her normal tone "I'm sorry"

"Don't worry" He threw his arm around her shoulders and said "Come on, the bubble tea is still there"

 

 

 

 ✿ 

 

comment.

rate.

subscribed.

hearteu.