Love is Like Math

1-4-3

It's been days since I last went to Tiff's tutoring sessions. Instead of asking for her help I try to do it by myself and go home early just to study. Sometimes I stay late at the library but never really gotten to meet them because I heard from Hyoyeon they moved to the Math Club's room.

I sighed looking at my book with a pen on the other hand. "Damn this. Why is math so hard seriously?"

"It’s not hard. You just have to practice more until you're good at it." Someone with a familiar voice from behind the shelves I'm sitting by said.

I stood up, took my stuff and walked around the shelves.

I smiled instantly when I saw her.

Oh how I miss that smile.

I sighed.

"I knew it was you." I smiled as she smiles back at me. "Hi." I sat beside her.

"Hello to you too." She greeted back with her smiling eyes. "I haven't been seeing you on our sessions eh? Seems like you've been busy these past few days."

"Ah that. Yeah been quite busy but I've been studying by myself and try not to depend on other people." I said.

"Ahh.. thats why I haven't been seeing you at work you." She half-smiled still looking at her book.

I stared and grinned. "Hmm. Miss seeing me every after school huh?"

I looked at her as she turns bright red.

"Wha-what? No. Why would I miss an annoying person like you?" She said stuttering as she put her stuff in her bag and stood up. "I-I need to go. It was nice seeing y-"

Before she even finishes her sentence I pulled her wrist to sit back down beside me but she ended up sitting on me.

"Well this is comfortable." I said hugging her waist and resting my head on her shoulder.

"What the hell." She said trying to take my arms off her. "What are you doing?!"

"Shh. They'll hear us and were gunna get kicked out." I said placing my index finger on her soft lips.

For a second I felt like the time stopped and everyone vanished and there was just us two left.

I stared at her taking her glasses off. "You know you look prettier without your glasses and when you're focused." I said whispering.

The next second we were already kissing. Her soft lips against mine. All the feelings that I thought was just a crush were more than I expected. I felt how much she missed me with her lips. With that kiss I confirmed...

I am in love with this girl.

We broke the kiss panting. "Wow. I didn't expect that would last long."

"148 seconds." She said trying to catch her breath while resting her head on mine.

I smiled stealing another kiss from her.

"Hey. That’s the last one." She said sitting beside me fixing her fringe.

I stood up and took my bag. "I guess I'll see you after your work then. It's a date then.” I smiled sheepishly.

"D-date? What?! When?! How?! What the hell wait for me!!" She said running after me on the halls. "Hey give me back my glasses!!"

 

~~~

I fixed my suspender that’s clipped on my jeans. To be honest there’s really nothing planned. I just want to take her to the theme park cause I know she's been stressed out with all the exams coming and her work.

I heard my phone ring from the living room.

 

From: babycakes

I'm off early today since it’s not as busy. I'll see you at 5? ^^

"Looks like someone’s checking the time." I chuckled softly.

 

To: babycakes

Alright. I'll go there now and just wait till you're off~ ^^

I finished up and looked at the mirror once again to check how I look.

"Damn you’re one good looking girl." I told myself clicking my tongue.

 

~~~

As I was walking to the coffee shop where Tiff works I passed by this kid who is selling pink roses that looked gorgeous. "Hey Kid!" I called the little girl. "How much is all that?" I asked pointing at the flowers.

"$6 each one but if you buy a dozen I can give it to you for $70."

"Just $2 discount?" I pouted at her like a kid.

The kid nodded. "My sister needs to pay a lot of bills. She has to pay rent which is $890 per month and our food that is $200 per month it adds up to $1090 every month which my sister cannot afford with just part time jobs thats why I help her by selling these roses and recieving money from the shop."

I looked at the kid with my mouth hanging open. "What's your name?" I asked calmly.

"Joohyun." The little girl replied with a smile.

"You know Joohyun you seem like a smart girl like this girl I know. She's good in math too and talks like you." I said imagining Tiffany talking about math. It's just too cute when she starts going all crazy when numbers come up.

"Are you buying the flowers for her?" Little Joohyun asked innocently.

I nodded as I gave her $100 bill as she passed me a dozen of roses. "Keep the rest as a tip. And keep studying hard. You're a smart kid I know you'll succeed and will be able to help your older sister in the future." I waved goodbye.

"Hang on, Unnie." She ran to me grabbing my wrist. "I just want to say 'Love is like math. At first it’s easy then it gets complicated' but if you really want to pass that you'll do everything to do so. Good luck on your date. I'm sure she'll love the flowers." She smiles innocently at me.

"You're one mature kid." I said messing her hair. "Thank you, Joohyun." I waved goodbye again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

Hi Hi Hi my dear readers ^^ did you guys miss me?? kekekekeke jkjk x)

Well firstly, I apologize for abandoning y'all for the past month T.T I have more time now so just bare with my late updates till the semester ends. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND LOVE!!! <3333

xoxoxoxxxx

Totoro :"3