Coffee Prince

1-4-3

"Yah Sica! Hurry up were late for Trigonometry!!" Hyoyeon, my bestfriend shouted at me from the stairs to the rooftop of our school.

I hissed grabbing my backpack. "Why do we need to take all these classes when we dont even need it for our daily lives?" I walked lazily to through the stairs to my classroom. As soon as I stepped in the room everyone stopped what they're doing as Mr. Yoon looked up to me. "You're late once again, Ms. Jung." He said continuing what he's writing on the white board.

I searched for my bestfriend and saw her giving me a I-told-you-you'll-be-late look. I turned to my desk, fished my iPod and put my earphones on. A usual sight of me on Math classes. I've always hated Math. I just don't like how there's so many numbers. I just hate solving problems itself. I looked out of the window that was near to my table and just admired our school grounds. Yes, I do go to a public highschool but their view is astonishing. Especially on my favourite place, the school rooftop. No one goes there. Well, no one dares to because they know I'm always there. All the student in my school knows that the rooftop is my space. I took a pen from the pocket of my bag and started twirling it around my fingers.

Gah, I'm so bored

I said in my mind grimacing. I raised my hand to get the teacher's attention.

"You have a question Ms. Jung?" Mr. Yoon asked.

"No, I need to go to the bathroom." I said grabbing my bag and pulling out my earphones from my ears.

Mr. Yoon raised his eyebrows at me. "You can just leave your bag here, Ms. Jung." I know that he knows I just want to leave his class. But I just ignored him and continued walking out of the class.

Stupid Math

I was walking through the hallways when I bumped onto someone. The girl was carrying probably around five books and I can tell three of them are Math textbooks. I helped her pick up her books. "I'm sorry." I apologised to her, passing her books. "It's ok. Sorry I need to go. I'm late for my class." She said running on the hallways again.

What was that? I asked myself.

I heard the bell ringing for dismissal then opened my eyes from the sudden block of the sun. It was Hyoyeon.

"Mr. Yoon said he wants to talk to you. Privately." She said handing me a hand to stand up.

"What does he want now?" I said taking her hand pulling myself up and grabbig my bag. She just shrugged at me. "Anyways, I can't wait for you to finish with him. I've got some errands to do." I gave her a small nod

. "Laters." She bid her goodbye.

I walked to Mr. Yoon's classroom and found him already tidying up his papers and books. "What are yoy planning to do Ms. Jung?" He asked me seriously.  "I don't do plans. If they're meant for me. Then they are." I said rolling my eyes at him.

I heard him sigh. "There's a student from your class who is willing to tutor other students that are having difficulties in Trigonometry and other Math subjects, Tiffany Hwang. Look for her when you need help." He said grabbing his bag and some books leaving me alone in the room.

Tutor? Me? Whatever.

 

I got to my apartment and found Hyo sitting on the dining table eating a bowl of salad.

"How did you get in?" I said going to my room to change into comfortable clothes.

"You gave me spare keys way back before. I just came by to tell you that you have to come with me on the tutoring session that Tiff is doing every after school."

"You know I'm not going there Hyo." I said grabbing her salad and eating it.

Hyoyeon sighed. "It's finals soon. We'll be moving to grade 12 you should start focusing more on school you know? And have you forgotten about what your parents told you if you fail again? They're taking back this apartment and they're going to send your Grandfather in US."

Damn it. I almost forgot about that deal. "Jess, I've known you half of my life and I know how smart you can get when you study and focus."

She's got a point. I've always been doing good at school before I started rebelling against my parents. "Ok. I'll come and look if I like her but if I dont I would never come again."

She just smiled at me as I answered her with a small nod. After Hyo left my apartment I started ramaging on my school stuff and read books. I have to pass all my subjects I would never want to go to US with grandpa. I mean I do like him better than my parents but he's worse than them when it comes to disciplining. If he wants something he would do everything just to get it. I guess I got that trait of him.

The next day I went with Hyoyeon to the 'tutoring session' after school. We sat on the chair around the rectangle table in the library. There were exactly 8 of us and I have no idea which one is going to tutor us.

"Hey Hyo," I whispered pinching her arm.

"What?"

"Which one is the tutor?" I asked her while she take out her Math textbook, notebook, and her pen. "Not here ye-"

She hasn't finish her sentence when somebody sat in the middle. The girl is almost the same height as me. Wavy black hair with fringe covering her forehead. I looked at her and my head to the side. She looked back at me and grinned.

Wow

Not only her lips were smiling but also her eyes behind those big glasses she has. How can someone look so pretty with big eye glasses?

"You guys new?" She asked looking at me and Hyo.

"Yes, I'm Hyoyeon one of your classmates in trigonometry actually." She said stretching her hand for a shake.

She took her hand and shook it lightly. "Well nice meeting you Hyoyeon." She said smiling at her.

I've never seen someone smile like that in my whole life. Why is it so contagious?

I was just looking at her grinning like an idiot when I felt someone step on my foot.

"Are you ok?" She asked me.

"Stop daydreaming, Jung." Hyoyeon said.

"Oh I'm sorry. Its just... have someone ever told you how pretty your smile is?" I asked her standing up from my chair and stretched my hand. "Jessica Jung a friend of this blondie. And you are?"

I saw her cheeks turn bright pink as I smiled ear-to-ear. She took my hand as I squeeze is lightly. Her hands are real soft. Soft as a feather. "Tiffany Hwang. Its.. uhmm.. good to see new people here." She said looking down and taking her hand from me.

 

We started the session and I actually didn't find it as boring as Mr. Yoon's class. And for the first time I learned something in Math.

"I guess that's all for today, guys." She said looking at her wrist watch then packed her stuff into her bag. "I'll see you guys tomorrow ok? Same place and time." She said waving to us.

"Wait!" I shouted at her when she was at the door already.

"Shhhhhhh." Everyone shushed me.

"I'm sorry." I said running to her who is standing by the door looking at me now.

"Do you have a question?" She asked me.

I grabbed her arm to walk with me. "I was just going to ask if you are busy tonight." She raised an eyebrow at me and stopped from walking. "Are you hitting on me, Jessica?"

"Excuse me?" I snap back at her.

"Yes I'm busy tonight. I'm sorry I can't stay any longer. I'll be late on my part-time job." She said walking fast away from me.

"Yah Sica! What the heck?! Why did you leave me there?!!" Hyo shouted at me hitting my head with her book.

I rubbed my aching head. "No need for violence, jeez."

We walked side by side to the exit gate when I suddenly asked her, "Do you know that she works?"

Hyoyeon removed one of her earphones and turned to me. "Who? Tiffany?"

I nod. She grins at me, "What if I tell you yes what would you do?"

I grinned back at her. "I would just force you to tell me where."

"Force?"

"Yes. Because I know you would'nt tell me." She smiled and texted someone. "Coffee Prince. Lets go treat me there then I'll tell you."

I raised an eyebrow at her then she just looked at me right into my eye saying i-know-where-she-works. "Ugh. Fine." She smiles as we continue walking to the Cafe.

 

We sat on one of the tables outside since it was quite chilly at night and wanted to enjoy the weather.

"You go to the counter and get me a drink. I want cookies and cream frappe and cheesecake. Thank you." 

I stood up sulkily. "Aish. Fine. Is that all you want maddam?" I asked her leaning down like a slave.

"No thats all. Now get inside and buy my food."

I went inside to the counter and bought two blueberry cheesecake, cookies and cream frappe for Hyoyeon and Caramel Toffee frappe for me.

"You can wait for it over there," she pointed the place where there's a girl bantender doing something near the sink. "She'll make your drinks. She's really good." She said smiling then gave my change.

I walked to the tall chairs where the bar was and waited for my order as I watch the bartender skillfully do her job. "Cookies and cream frappe and Caramel Toffee??!" She finally shouted my order.

Wait.. what the heck?!!! It was her. It was Tiffany. Standing with my order infront of me.

She was smiling looking at her work then frowned when she saw me.

Woah. Why did you suddenly frown?

"Uhmm... hey.." I said awkwardly.

She flushed pink and then gave me my order while looking down.

Awww she's so cute~

"I...uhh.. my friend took me here. I did not follow you I promise." I said waving my hands in the air.

"It's fine. Most of the students from our school knows I work here anyways." I felt my jaw dropped but tried to relieve it back asap. "Anyways, I need to go back to work. I'll see you around." She said taking another order from the cashier.

So this is why Hyo brought me here.

I walked back to our table and saw my bestfriend smiling at me widely.

"Good thinking," I said giving her food. I just realized how perfect the angle is from our table to the counter and not to mention it was also Hyo who chose this table. She really is my bestfriend.

"Perfect view right?"

I nodded. "How did you know though?"

She smiled softly. "You're my bestfriend how can I not know you?"

I smiled back at her then turned back to Tiffany who is working diligently. She looked so perfect. She looked like an angel. And her uniform actually suited her well with her hair in a messy bun and glasses.

We didn't planned to stay there for long but we ended up staying till closing talking about random things that comes to our mind.. life, school, and her.

"Hey Sica," Hyoyeon disturbed me watching Tiffany cleaning her working area. "I gotta run. My Mom's looking for me already." I nod at her and waved goodbye then I decided to go in.

The bell rang as I opened the door and she immediately shouted, "Were close, sorry!"

"I know you are." I said smiling at her.

Her cheeks burned pink again. "Uhh.. w-why are you still here?"

I removed my backpack and put it on the table then sat down on one of the stools.

"Waiting for you." I said resting my head on my palm while looking at her in the eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~Had this on my phone since sunday♥ anyways hope you liked it. Comment! Subscribe and vote! Thank you berry mucho