Chapter 9

Just the right song

You quickly hide your face but Onew quickly pushes it back up slightly,pushing his sunglasses down slightly.

"_________-ah! Are you hurt?! What's wrong?"

You shake your head and try to act calm,"N..nothing.."

"Then why are you so upset?" he asked softly crouching down in front of you.

"I... I" you look away, was what Key said true? After all you had done for him, calling him trying to get him to eat with her, he tells you that he hates you and now tells you that the whole of Shinee takes you as a joke?

"Nothing..." you said firmly and walked away from Onew who looked at you shocked. You were really upset. You could feel your heart breaking in two. The Shinee you knew on TV maybe wasn't the true Shinee. You decided you like the Shinee on TV better...

Key's POV

! What the hell did I just do?! What did I say to her?! No! Things just get worse and worse don't they...

I mess up my hair in frustration, what was wrong with me?! Telling her a down right lie... Why must I be so angry?! I'm going to ___________ to explain everything to her... wait but what was wrong with me.... I saw Jonghyun about to kiss __________ then I got really really mad... for no reason. I think hard. Wait... there was a reason. I look to the ground. The one reason my heart-beat quickened and I got mad just then...

I look back up, I needed to find her, and tell her that what I said about Shinee was a lie... Damn she must feel so bad right now....

Your POV

You manage to get to the building and you sigh deeply. Calm down _________ you think to yourself as you take deep breaths. Ignore Shinee, ignore Shinee... AS IF THAT'S POSSIBLE! you scream inside your head as you scruff your hair up again. AH! life was so hard... then again when was it ever easy. You sigh and look to the ground, your mood completely damped. Might as well practice, you thought as you started heading up the stairs. You think you see Minho heading down when someone swings you around by grabbing your arm. You see Key holding your hand tight.

"Follow me..." He drags you off behind the building, panting.

"What do you want" you said in a pissed tone, you didn't really want to see Key right now but Key looked at you determined.

"_______-ah... I want to apologise..."

You scoff,"Oh yeah... great, isn't it..."

"I'M SERIOUS!" he shouted. You look at him stunned. He sighed and slammed his fist right next to your face on the wall.

"Look, I'm... I'm complicated okay? I have... issues..."

"No kidding..." you mutter and Key gives you a glare before continuing.

"Anyway... I want to say that, what I said about my group taking you lightly... is a lie.. I was just angry.."

You look at him with caring eyes,"You're always angry... why Key? Everyone's worried about you and wants your old self back..."

He freezes for one moment, even his breathing stops.

"I'll tell you why..." he says, so softly that you could barely hear him,"It's because I get stressed so bad in this stupid job I have... I don't want to take it out on anyone but.. hey look, I'm taking it out on everyone through anger and that makes it worse..." He looks away. You look at him shocked, you've never ever seen that expression on his face before, an expression of true hurt and hatred for himself.

"I...I'll listen to you Key.." you stammer. He turns around to face you, a blank expression on his face as though he didn't understand what you meant. You place a hand on his shoulder...

"I want to help Key...You can take all your anger and stress out on me... we can share it right??" you give him a supportive smile. He looks to the ground for a moment as though contemplating what you were saying, "Here, You have my promise," You take out your pinky and smile at him. Key just stares at it for a long time. You take his hand and force the pinky to link with yours.

"Pinky promise," you said smiling. Key looks up at you and suddenly you feel awkward, you didn't realise how close Key actually was to you,"Uh..." you try to look away when, was it your imagination or was Key moving closer to you...

"Hey _______-ah!"

You look around and find Minho looking at both of you. He smiles, either unaware of the situation or just ignoring it...

"Oh your manager was looking for you..."

"Oh really?!" you exclaim, you didn't know that he was at work today, "Thanks!" you exclaim as you run off. You look around to see Minho and Key with serious expressions... what was going on between those two?