Chapter 3

Just the right song

You roll around on your bed. You can't forget how rude Key has been to you. Was he always like that? You start to wonder as you drift off to sleep. You wake up and find out your late.

"Ah! Manager's going to kill me!" you said rushing out of bed and getting changed. You run out, you bought an apartment close to the building so you could walk there. You're close to the building when something makes you stop. You see Key crouched down saying something. You come closer and realise there was a small cat. Key picks it up and you get surprised at how warmly he cares for the cat. It mews and purrs at Key and Key laughs. You've never seen him laugh in front of you except on TV, but somehow this laugh was real and you could feel the warmth. Your heart skips a beat or two and you start to blush as you realise how handsome he looked when he was smiling. You quickly back away and run off towards the builing. Maybe Key just has a rough outer shell, maybe there's a small little cat hoping that someone will take care of it, you thought as you ran in.

When you enter you see your manager, arms crossed as he continuously checked the time until he sees you.

"___________-sshi! Why are you so late?! Today's the day where you start to make your first single, c'mon I need to show you the music."

"Sorry" you pant, tired from all the running

You follow him into your room.

"Okay ___________-sshi, you practice this for today, tomorrow, you're going to practice the dance moves, nothing much is going to happen for the next few days except for practice practice practice okay? No one knows about you yet so your first album has to be a hit, Oh and on the third day a singing coach will help you kay?"

"Okay, thanks" you said as you sat down to read the music. Why don't I try to sing aloud? You thought as you went through the music. You start to sing, your voice is in perfect condition today and it sounds better than usual. You get into the mood and stand up, belting your voice out. These walls are sound-proof right? You think as you sing away. You open your eyes and hear the click of the door. You swivell around but find no one in the room. You open thedoor.

"Is anyone out there?" you call out, but there was no reply.

 I'm sure someone just came in....  you think to yourself.

You sit back down in your room when there's a knock on the door. Minho and Taemin come in smiling.

"Want to eat with us _________-ah?" Taemin said, in a playful tone.

"Uh... sure!" You check your watch and realise it was lunch-time and your stomach suddenly growls. You didn't realise that time was already passing that quickly.

"Great we brought, instant ramen," Minho said bringing out a shopping bag. He started taking out the cups.

"What about the hot water?" I asked looking at the cup noodles.

"Oh well I have a flask~" Taemin choruses smiling.

Your heart starts skipping like crazy and you wonder if you'll ever be able to eat properly in front of Shinee. Act calm and collected so they won't think weird of you....

Minho hands you a cup and both your hands touch slightly.

"Ah..."

Minho blushes and you feel yourself going red as well. He immediately takes his hand away from the cup and smiles the best he could at you.

"S..Sorry..." he muttered before reaching over for his own cup.

Taemin just watches thoughtfully at you two. When you got over the awkwardness you started talking happily about things and they taught you a lot of things about being an idol. You felt glad that they were your sunbaes. Then it hit you.

"Don't you usually eat together? As a group?"

They both froze for a second before Taemin spoke.

"Well, it's usually us three, Me, Minho, and Onew... but today I don't know where Onew went off to..."

"What about Key?" you asked curious.

"Well, Key used to eat with us, when he was normal, but after a few months in this business.. I don't know he just changed, and moreover he started going off on his own." Minho said looking down at his cup noodles.

There was a long pause when Taemin perked up,"They're done!"

Where was Onew~ <3 I think you can guess~

Onew's POV

I skipped down the hallway. Today was going to be cup noodles again~ without Key... It was always without Key... I felt kind of  lonely without Key around. I remembered the days when they's used to laugh and talk together. I rounded a corner and started hearing music. It was singing... and it was amazing. I close my eyes and walk towards the sound. It was like honey... if you could hear honey, it would be sweet and smooth. I stop in front of a door and open my eyes to find it was __________'s room.

No kidding... she's the one singing?

I grab the handle, should I? I slowly open to door and find her singing. She was so pretty with her eyes closed. Her voice and her face made a perfect conbination. My heart started beating like crazy.

What the hell... don't tell me I actually....

She stops singing and turns around to look. Crap! She'll see me and think I'm a freak! I quickly close the door and run to the end of the hallway before hiding behind a wall. I hear her voice.

"Is anyone out there?"

Don't reply Onew don't reply, don't even breathe! I hear the click of the door shutting and decide to go when you see Minho and Taemin walking towards the door. For no reason you hide again. Ah, what are they doing there?

You hear Taemin ask "Want to eat with us _________-ah?" before the door clicked shut again.

Nooo! They were going to have lunch without you, no fair! His stomach growled... well I'll go eat by myself for today... _________-ah... My hearts skips a beat or two as I think of her and her singing, maybe I am ... falling for her....