Chapter 13

Just the right song

Jonghyun POV

I walked down the hallway and heard __________'s manager talking to someone. I look around the corner  and see the manager with a make-up artist, talking.

"Yeah, I just realised it today as well... Why didn't she tell?"

"I dunno... but hey I wish we could do something special for her birthday..."

Birthday? Who's birthday?

"___________-sshi's worked so hard too! I'll just trear her specially I suppose..."

I looked at the ground, today was __________'s birthday?! How come I didn't know... Then again _________ doesn't know me well enough to tell me anyway... I want to do something special for her... Here comes Minho... should I tell him? But i want to be the "special" person...

"Oh! Jonghyun!"

"Hi Minho... uhhh what you up to?"

"Nothing really, I guess I'm kinda free since there's nothing on today..."

"Ah.. Yeah, nice... well I better get going... see you..."

I didn't tell him, I thought as I walked away, yeah I was to be the special person for __________ .

Your POV

You walked up the stairs towards the building. You felt better than ever! It was your birthday... You smiled as you thought of your dad's present... It was a really pretty blue dress.. You were thinking about where you would wear it when you bumped into Key.

"Ah! Key!" you said smiling.

"Yo..."

You looked at him shocked, he didn't say "What?!" or "Get lost". You smiled inwardly to yourself, he was changing...

"You seem happy, what's up?" he asked catching your smile.

"Oh... nothing! It's just... nothing" you replied smiling, you didn't want people to know it was your birthday and go spaz over it, "Well, got to go.. see you later okay?"

He nods and you walk into the building. There you meet your manager.

"Happy Birthday __________-sshi!" he exclaimed smiling.

"How'd you know?!" you exclaimed shocked.

"Silly... it says on your audition form, date of birth?" he said rolling his eyes and smiling.

Your mouth shaped into an 'O' as you realised. You smiled sheepishly as he told you your schedule. You didn't realise that Key at the doorway had heard everything.

Later that day...

You sighed and leaned back on your chair. Today was a tough day, you thought looking up at the ceiling... even if it was your birthday you needed to work hard. You smiled and thought of your achievements when your phone vibrated. You saw it was a text from an unknown number.

'Come out of the building for a second'.

You looked at it confused. Who would ask that? You checked all the numbers on your contact list but it was no one you knew. You decided to see who it was and walked outside. The night sky was clear and you could see a few stars, you were admiring the veiw when someone tapped you and you turned around. It was Jonghyun! You look at him confused.

"Did you send me that text?"

He looks at you,"Text? What text?"

"Oh... never mind someone sent me a text and... yeah..." You look away, still confused.

"Anyway.. _________-ah! Happy Birthday!" he exclaimed handing you a wrapped present.

"Oh my gosh! Thanks! How'd you know?" you said smiling from ear to ear.

"Just overheard...." there was a pause before he continued,"And.. I have a second present."

"Huh?"

He takes a step forward and smiles at you. You think your heart was going to burst as it sped up.

"Jonghyun-oppa..."

He smiles,"I want to be your special person..."

Then he swoops down and kisses you. You get so shocked that your eyes stay open. What the hell was going on?! Was Jonghyun kissing you?! He breaks away and smiles.

"Happy Birthday _________"

You stand there frozen for a long time after he left. You felt like it was a dream... Shinee's Jonghyun had just kissed you. Your heart soared and you thought to yourself that this had to be a dream.

Key who was hiding and watching walked away, dropping a batch of roses as he did.