Chapter 12 -Key's Changing?!

Just the right song

You walk into your room and sink into the chair. That was so embarrassing... the whole of Shinee had listened to you sing... You buried your face in your hands when there was a knock on the door and someone walked in.

"_________..."

You look up to see Key walk in.

"Key?" you stand up and look at him confused.

"Hey... umm..." you swear you could see him going red as he scratched the back of his head,"About that consulting thingo.. I was wondering if you would..."

You smile and nod, you clearly remembered the promise you made with Key, and you also remembered that awkward moment. You blushed and shook your head before pushing Key down on the sofa.

"Ow! Man be softer!" he exclaimed as he glared up and you. You roll your eyes, Key's the same no matter what... you thought as you sat down opposite to him.

"I just wanted to let out...." He began.

You find out that Key had a lot of things on his mind, from fans to the camera (camera fright) and even to his own members...

"I feel like I'm going to drag them down or something if I can't keep my act up..." he said sighing and looking to the ground. You could tell that this was all coming from the heart through his expression. You smile and pat him on the shoulder. He looks up at you, slightly flushed.

"Don't worry Key... Your friends... they don't feel that way, they don't mind, after all that's what friends are for right? If one sits down the others help him back up... trust them Key..." you said smiling.

He looks at you and nods. He didn't take his eyes off you either and you started feeling uncomfortable.

"Uhm... Key?"

"Oh right, sorry... yeah... you know I actually feel better..." he muttered as he got up and turned to leave. You grin, it felt good to help someone. No thank you I suppose, you thought as you saw Key open the door.

"Thanks..." he muttered before he left.

"No Probl-" you froze. Wait what? Thanks? FROM KEY? you looked at the door shocked. It was the first time Key had said thanks to her...

Meanwhile in Shinee's room...

Key walks back in feeling lighter. He sits down on the sofa while Taemin and Onew sat on the opposite side.

"Where were you?" Onew asked slowly, Taemin jabbed him in the ribs. They weren't supposed to ask that otherwise Key would get mad... but...

"I was over at _______'s room, just needed to ask a few things..." he muttered, the tone was still rough but he had actually answered them. Taemin and Onew took glances at each other. What the heck was going on?

Minho walked in and saw Key in the room. He sighed as he brought out the lunch, it was instant ramen again. Taemin groaned.

"Why is it always the same thing?" he said as he picked up his cup.

"It's because we don't have time..." Jonghyun answered as he came towards the sofa.

Minho sighed. He took out the rest and everyone took their share... but there was one less...

"Sorry, I didn't know you were going to stay for lunch..." Minho said looking at Key.

Key just nodded,"It's 'kay..."

Minho looks at him suspiciously before opening his cup. After a few minutes of waiting everyone opened thier lids and started eating. Key was looking at the table top when he saw a small plastic lid passed towards him with some noodles on it. He looks up and saw Minho looking at him.

"You're hungry right?" he said as he slurped on his own ramen.

Key looks at Minho for a while, he remembered what _________ had said... trust your friends... He smiled, he felt so bad, so bad that he had mistreated such friends for a long time... he smiled and looked up at Minho. Everyone practically froze when they saw this. It was a small smile but still it was a smile.

"Thanks..." he said before slurping away. Everyone looked at him shocked, even Minho was speechless.

"Wait... say that again..." Onew said dropping his chopsticks.

Key looks up at him confused,"Say what?"

"Say what you said to Minho just then..."Taemin continued.

Key froze, then grew red in the face before drinking all the soup on the lid,"I'll be going" he muttered dumping the lid in the bin on his way out.

Everyone stayed silent for a long time...

"Key's CHANGING!" shouted Taemin, a wide smile breaking across his face, he knew that ________ would be able to change him. He couldn't wait to see Key back to his own self... this was just the beginning!