Chapter VI

Cold, Heat & Love

 

Jinri reluctantly pulled away from the kiss. She smiled softly at Luhan who still had his hands on her waist. His expression was still stoic but soon faltered into a grin that expressed absolutely everything he felt without the need for words.

"Shall we?" Luhan asked letting go of Jinri and extending out his hand. Jinri frowned slightly from the loss but nodded nonetheless and intertwined her fingers with Luhan's. They went out of the garden and entered the main lobby just in time for first bell. Jinri saw that Luhan's expression fell into one of worry and disappointment.
 
"What's wrong?" She asked worried.
 
"You have first period with Kris don't you?" Luhan asked with a slight protective tone laced in his words.
 
Jinri followed Luhan's line of sight which was pointing straight ahead. She saw that Kris was waiting for someone - most probably her - outside of the classroom with his arms folded and legs crossed with his back leaning against the wall and slightly strained to the side eyeing the two of them suspiciously. His eyes went down to their intertwined fingers and, call it reflexes, but Jinri immediately pulled away from Luhan's grasp as if she was a kid caught stealing from the cookie jar. She smiled weakly at Kris and turned to Luhan and wished him goodbye.
 
She was walking away when Luhan pulled her arm and spun her around then placed a chaste kiss on her cheek. Jinri blushed and ducked down before saying another soft 'bye'. She missed the smirk in Luhan's face directed towards Kris like he had just successfully marked his territory. Kris glared slightly at Luhan before turning to Jinri who was making her way towards him. His glare was immediately wiped off and he greeted Jinri and protectively slung an arm over her shoulder and led her into the classroom 
without sparing Luhan another glance. Luhan walked away and headed towards his own class.
 
"What were you doing?" Kris asked once they were inside.
 
"Huh? Nothing.." Jinri replied after being snapped away from her thoughts. Kris could see right through her lie but just decided to drop the topic.
 
Jinri listened attentively in class but her thoughts can sometimes fly elsewhere but that didn't distract her from anything. She focused solely on the board and her provided sums which explains why she didn't notice Kris giving her judgemental and worried stares all throughout class.
 
The bell soon rang and she got out of the class. She and Kris parted ways.
 
"Kris!" She called out to grab his attention. He froze in his tracks and turned around to face her with an unreadable expression on his face.
 
"What?" He asked sounding cold which surprised Jinri. She gestured towards her direction with a questioning look on her face.
 
"I..have to go do something." Kris responded and walked away without sparing another look towards Jinri. She felt slightly disappointed but continued her way to chemistry class anyways, for one, in the entire week she's been there, alone.
 
She walked in the classroom to find Victoria on their table typing away on her phone. She walked over there and placed her books on the table. Victoria looked up and smiled when she saw Jinri. She locked her phone and placed it on the table.
 
"Hey Victoria" Jinri greeted as she sat down.
 
"Hey" She replied
 
Jinri was about to speak when Victoria's phone beeped. Jinri glanced at it and saw that she got a message from Kris. Victoria slid her thumb across the notification and pulled the phone towards herself. Victoria's face faltered slightly when she read the message and she looked up at Jinri. She discretely smelled the air surrounding Jinri and picked up a scent that caused her to stare at Jinri questioningly.
 
"What?" Jinri asked curiously
 
"Nothing..nothing" Victoria drifted off and turned to face the board.
 
Jinri glanced worriedly at Victoria for a second before shrugging and turning back to the board. Unlike algebra, Jinri couldn't focus on the lesson being taught and instead her mind drifted to why Kris was acting weird and Victoria was ignoring her throughout the lesson considering she would ususally talk to her during lessons about some random topic or blabber about trivial things. She had a weird feeling gnawing at her insides that something bad was going to happen.
 
She was spacing out too much to realise that class had ended and if it weren't for Victoria's nudging, she would have stayed there longer. She found Luhan waiting for her outside the classroom and she walked towards him smiling.
 
"Ready to go?" He asked as he grabbed Jinri's hand.
 
"Yeah.." She trailed off and walked with him to the cafeteria. She noticed that Victoria was nowhere in sight. She turned her head around to see her retreating figure.
 
"Hey! Victoria!" She slightly raised her voice in order to get her attention. The latter turned around and was met with another question from Jinri. "Aren't you going to lunch?"
 
"Later. I have some stuff to take care of." Victoria replied before turning around and walking away. Weird. First Kris and now her..Jinri thought. Luhan didn't miss her changing expressions and stopped in his tracks and turned to her.
 
"What's wrong?" He asked worried
 
"Nothing..It's just..my friends.." Jinri answered sounding a little depressed and Luhan visibly froze. Jinri noticed this and eyed him curiously.
 
"They'll come around." Luhan said while he started to walk again. Jinri looked at him weirdly but just allowed herself to be pulled by him again.
 
Entering the cafeteria, Jinri was surprised that she didn't see any of her friends in their usual table. She found it absolutely strange but didn't have time to ponder on the thought since she was being softly pushed downwards onto a seat on Luhan's and Krystal's usual lunch table. She was met with Krystal sitting quietly looking at her. She said a soft 'hi' and got another in response. Jinri glanced quickly at her ususal table before shrugging off the weird feeling in her stomach and taking out her brown paper bag. She unwrapped her sandwich and was about to take a bite when she caught Luhan and Krystal staring at her intently. She gulped feeling embarrassed and stuttered out quietly.
 
"Aren't you guys going to eat?"
 
Luhan and Krystal laughed slightly and Jinri gave them a questioning look. "For a girl who figured out our little 'secret', I can't believe you don't know the fact that we don't eat." Krystal exclaimed in between giggles
 
"R-Right.." Jinri stuttered embarrassed and hung her head low.
 
The rest of lunch went by with Jinri asking Krystal and Luhan questions and vice-versa. The remaining part of the school day went by uneventfully since Jinri couldn't find any of her friends. They were all gone. Even Kai who practically sticks to her like a leech was no where to be found.
 
Luhan had taken Jinri home on his and Krytal's insistence. They reached Jinri's front door in no time and as she was about to leave when she felt someone tug at her shirt. She turned around to see Krystal grinning at her.
 
"You remember what you promised me right?" She asked in a pretend puppy voice. Jinri looked at her and Luhan with curious eyes until it clicked.
 
"Right..that.." She said softly
 
"So..Tomorrow?" Krystal asked sounding slightly excited
 
"Sure..Tomorrow." Jinri nodded
 
Tomorrow, she sighed silently to herself
 
 
_______________________________
 
(A/N) Sorry I haven't updated in a while..actually this chapter was already pre-written in my computer and it was supposed to be better than this..*huff* I know it's a bit boring but anyways..hope you guys enjoyed it anyway and don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote? Maybe?