Chapter V

Cold, Heat & Love

The murderous scent of strength and the alluring taste of speed, clouding her senses as she recalled the past day’s event. It was Thursday night and earlier in the day, Jinri had continued her collection of proof in answering her questions about the mysterious twins. She no longer doubts anything anymore. She’s seen it all. Everything that proves her theory.

Fragments of the scene in which Luhan deflected an incoming ball towards her direction eventhough she was a good twenty metres away from him initially. It’s almost an impossible feat to be able to run a such a distance in a mere second. At least, it was. But the fact that Luhan had been directly infront of her when the ball was only a few inches away and the fact that the net broke when the deflated ball passed through it. She was in a complete state of shock and she didn’t know how long she was in her trance until the coach laid a hand on her shoulder and asked if she was okay. She could only nod like a fool.

Jinri was curled on her bed with her legs being tightly hugged by her arms against her erratic heartbeat. Her myth books scattered on her mattress in vain as she tried to search for just one last piece of evidence she missed to prove herself wrong and Luhan and Krystal weren’t what she thought [knows] they are. Anything. Just, any damn piece of detail or proof she couldn’t collect. But no, she saw everything that she needed to know. She’s known too much to back out and pretend like she didn’t know anything. It was just too much. She felt like she wanted to scream. She was. Inside. But her current state only allowed her to release soft whimpers of frustration.

She knew she had to confront these two with the things she knew. But she didn’t know how. She was scared. Confused and stressed were understatements. For once, her book myths were actually real. She’s been dreaming for this moment for a long time but avoiding it as well. She was scared to look at the world in a different perspective and manner. She groaned and pulled at her hair in frustration. She was on the verge of tears but held them back with reasoning to herself that tears were not going to solve anything.

She roughly pushed all her books off the bed and let them fall to the floor without bothering to put them back in their respective shelves. She quickly buried herself in her blankets in hopes that she could find some sleep. She couldn’t.

That night, she tossed and turned in her bed deep in thought on how to convey her knowledge to Luhan and/or Krystal. Not to mention the strange heavy feeling settled in her stomach called anxiety. A hint of fear was also in her mind as to what the out come of her so called confession be. She might get laughed at for being ridiculous and humiliated infront of the entire school or she might get a good laugh out of it herself. But she truly feared only one thing. Truth.

What if it was true and Luhan and Krystal were vampires. What would she do then? Would she panic and tell the whole world? Would she be killed for finding out their secret? Or, will she simply be kept as the only human who knows of their little, no, huge secret.

Her forehead and palms were practically perspiring in fountains due to her wild thoughts. She tried everything to calm herself down. Breathing exercises, reading the few romance novels she owned and even her usual escapade of music couldn’t help her calm down. She was scared, nervous and excited and nothing could be done about it.

All her tossing and turning made her lose track of time because she only felt it to be an hour or two from when she had tried to sleep before she heard her alarm going off and that obnoxious ringing was heard around her quite space. Groaning, she trudged out of her bed and went straight to the bathroom. She quickly washed up and once she deemed herself presentable enough considering the dark circles under her eyes.

She didn’t bother to prepare breakfast or bring lunch because she had a feeling she wouldn’t be doing much eating today. Wishing goodbye to her father, she rushed out of the house and walked briskly to the bus stop.

She didn’t know what it was but she couldn’t really enjoy the scenery outside the bus. Her stomach did weird flips and she felt like she was going to throw up anytime soon.

Reaching the school, she didn’t walk straight ahead to the entrance like she usually would but instead waited behind the parking lot for Luhan and Krystal. If she was going to confront them, she wanted to do it quick and as soon as possible.

She waited for what felt like hours but couldn’t be since first bell hadn’t even rung yet. She saw a sleek red sedan speed past her way and took the vacant parking space a few feet away from her. It’s passengers didn’t surprise her at all, she saw Krystal coming out of the passenger seat looking absolutely breath-taking in a black sequined bell skirt with red-laced stalkings with intricate paterns on them. Jinri smiled a little looking at the stalkings as she remembered them to be in the same line of clothing as her own black stalkings. Krystal sported a simple white shirt with black graffiti patterns on them and a designer red purse to complete her look. She had that signature smirk on her face as she peeked her head inside once again to talk to the driver and walked past Jinri.

Jinri swore the world started to move in slow-motion when she saw Luhan step out of the vehicle with a stoic expression on his face covered by thick sunglasses. His brown leather jacket reflected the sun’s light and covered the black shirt he was wearing underneath it. She started to feel like as if Luhan’s skin was actually glowing for some unknown reason. He pulled his messanger bag over his head before closing the door and turned his head around as if looking for someone. He stopped when he spotted Jinri sitting on the bench looking at him intently.

She didn’t notice Luhan walking towards her when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She jumped a bit in an exaggerating manner when she felt the touch on her skin. She turned and saw Luhan chuckling at her while taking off his sunglasses.

“Hi” he said calmly

“H-Hey” Jinri mentally face-palmed herself for sounding dumb

“Did you want to tell me something?” Luhan asked with a hint of curiosity laced in his words

“How did y-“ She stuttered nervously

“I had a feeling” Luhan said shrugging

“O-oh. Can we go somewhere more private?” Luhan looked around curiously in response

“It’s a pretty deserted area.” He continued.

Jinri looked around again and saw the school’s botanical garden close by. She gave him a serious look that said ‘follow me’ and started walking off to the green house area. Luhan followed shortly behind her face still calm and composed. Jinri stopped once she was in the middle of the garden and didn’t bother turning to face Luhan.

“I-I..I know..” She said quietly taking in short breaths to somehow help her calm her nerves

Luhan’s face visibly fell to a grimmer expression. Jinri froze when she felt someone pressing on her back and she could feel the cold aura on her neck. He doesn’t even breathe...

“Know what Jinri? I won’t know until you tell me” Luhan said in a teasing manner but voice and facial expression still grimm. He placed his hands on Jinri’s arms and them slowly as if to coax the answer out of her. She froze. She felt numb and she couldn’t move. She had to muster up all her strength just to say the next few words.

“I know..what you and your sister are.” She said nervously

“Hmm? I don’t know myself. Tell me Jinri..say to me what I really am.” He said nuzzling his nose into Jinri’s shoulder.

“V-v..vampire.” She said finally and felt a heavy weight on her thought’s been lifted along with the words that came from .

Luhan moved his mouth to the point where Jinri’s shoulders and neck meet then said faintly, “Are you afraid?” Jinri started to shudder from fear and the cold temperature Luhan was emitting. She felt fear not from the fact that Luhan was a vampire, no, she feared that she could suddenly lose him in a blink of an eye after she felt this sudden longing for him to be next to her.

No”

Luhan chuckled darkly and turned her around so that she would face him but Jinri kept her head low, not wanting to meet eye contact.

“You..you are the most intoxicating living being on this planet. A simple whiff of your scent can make me drunk and trigger a type of lust I’ve never felt for anything before. Now tell me, you know I can kill you right here and right now. So why aren’t you afraid?”

“I’ve been with you and your sister long enough to know that you won’t kill me. It’s been a week. And I’m still here.” Jinri replied faintly and now looking Luhan right in the eye. Red.

You don’t know that. I’ve been holding back and anymore of you and I might lose control.”

“Stop lying to me..I know you won’t hurt me and you’re capable of doing so.”

Luhan looked down for a moment as if to pass on a moment of defeat and being caught in his own truth of lies. He looked up again and lifted his arm then placed his thumb and index finger on Jinri’s chin and tilted his head slightly. He moved forward slowly and could feel Jinri’s heat and scent radiating off of her. He kept on inching closer until he felt soft warm lips against his that were non-reactive for the first few moments but started to respond to the kiss not long after.

Jinri could feel the cold aura that came off from him. The kiss took her by surprise and she froze for a moment, eyes wide open in shock before closing them and melting into Luhan’s touch. The arm on her arm slid down towards her lower back and hugged her closer still not letting go of their lips. Jinri felt the cold temperature from Luhan but she didn’t care, because being in his embrace was a different type of warmth, it felt like she was basked in an embrace that was meant for her and had been waiting for her all her life. Love.

 

(A/N) *SPRAYSTHECHEESE* Anywaaaayyss..hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and sorry for not writing in detail about how Jinri found the last piece of evidence. I tried guys..I really did. By the way..what do you guys think of the poster? Do you think I should use that one or stick to the original? I really need your opinions and don't say it's 'up to you' cause I really need some opinions. Okay..well That's it. See ya in my next update. I hope..(You guys haven't abandoned me riiiighhhtt??)

P.S. Sorry for not updating in a while and Happy New Year!! ^.^

P.P.S. Wow..First long Author's note..

___________________________________________________________________________

SHAMELESSLY ADVERTISING

My dear friend SimplyHeartless recently opened a review shop in which I am the co-editor. Do check it out if you are an author and would like to get your stories reviewed.

- Further details are mentioned in the shop

- You may also request your reviews on my wall if you'd like or comment on the shop or on SimplyHeartless' wall as well.

{http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/617958/simplyheartless-s-review-shop-review-reviewer-reviewshop}

Please do visit our shop.

Yours truly,

JustAnotherKpopper

(P.S. We're currently looking for some willing applicants who'd like to work for our shop. 3 spots currently left open

[03 January 2013])