Beneath Your Beautiful

Crazy Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara excused herself from the people on stage right after the performance.  Thunderous applause and cheers were shown by the audience. She immediately grabbed a drink from the bar and hurriedly went for the exit. GD noticed her actions and did not have any second thought to follow her. He grabbed a bottle of liquor from the bar and took off to follow her. He followed her until he realized that she was headed for the fire exit leading to the roof top of the building.

 

When she finally arrived at the rooftop, she let out a sigh. She took a deep breath and let out another sigh. She took the alcohol in one gulp and raised the glass as if to cheer or make a toast and suddenly let out a shout.

“Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo” as she raised her hands to rejoice.

She was out of breath from shouting so she let out a chuckle which turned into a boisterous laugher.

Anyone who would see her in that state would think that she was crazy. Even Dara, thinks herself as crazy. But no, she was just enjoying the moment. She was venting out the frustrations, disappointments or the lack of something that will make her enjoy her life more. People thought she was perfect. People thought she had everything that any woman could ask for. Fame, money, and guys who would fall for her and make her the center of their lives-she had all this but it seems that this was not enough to complete her life. She was not complaining or anything. She was just lonely, sad and depressed.

And so she shouted at the top of her lungs to release all the anxiety. She felt free at the moment. She felt like she was on top of the world. She felt like she could conquer the world. For a brief moment, she felt relieved to be there, to be in a place where no one knew her, a quiet place where she can spend a few minutes of solitude.

She looked up to the sky and praised how magnificent the stars were. She thought about the stars on the sky and likened them to herself and to the rest of the entertainers (musicians and actors alike). There are stars that are more visible because they shone brightly than the others. Some can’t be noticed because there are too many of them in the sky. But no matter how bright the lights they emit, they are bound to lose its brightness.

She went nearer the ledge and saw how magnificent the view was from up above. She placed her arms over the ledge like a child and observed the view. It was already midnight yet the streets seemed to be abuzz. The speeding cars, the bright street lights, and the people- they all filled the streets. She wondered how it was like not being an actress but just an ordinary person. She wondered whether she would be happy if she was not Dara Park, the actress but just Dara, the ordinary person. But then again she thought about how it was her dream to be in the entertainment industry and how she managed her way to be on top of her career. It was not easy but it was all worth it.

Kwon Jiyong just stood there, observing her. Her actions might seem silly but to him it was not. He admired the fact that she can loosen a bit and do those acts no matter how childish it seemed. In fact, his admiration towards her just sky rocketed. It was unusual for him to feel that way.

He took a deep breath and sighed, preparing to go near her. He was confident when it came to women but suddenly he wanted to chicken out. He took one last deep breath and decided to approach her.

 

She was still staring at the streets when she heard footsteps. She immediately looked back and realized that it belonged to Kwon Jiyong. She was not surprised at all. She feigned ignorance and reverted her gaze towards the speeding cars below. She almost forgot that she was annoyed at him. But it was her personality to be annoyed at someone and forget it the next second. She did not hold grudges against people because she believed that it will only aggravate the situation. She can be very angry to the point of cursing but she can be soft the next minute and forget it ever happened. She was just like that.

At the moment, she did not want to think of her annoyance with Kwon Jiyong. What she wanted at the moment was to be lost in her own world-to think that she was not who she was because there might not be a time that she can do this again.

“Need a drink?” he asked nonchalantly.

“As long as it does not have any poison” she said coolly and offered her glass.

They stood there in silence drinking the bottle of wine that GD brought. It took fifteen minutes before someone started to speak up. He was still testing the waters and thinking of something to start the conversation but he was taken aback when she spoke.

“If you were not G-Dragon today, what would you have been?” she asked and glance at his direction.

“I’ve asked that myself but I can’t come up with an answer either. I don’t know. I can’t imagine myself not doing what I am doing now. Music is my life.”

“I see”

Another silence enveloped them.

“How about you?” he asked returning the question.

She was still looking at the passerby on the street but she managed to smile. He noticed that she had a beautiful smile even though he can only see it from the side view. Her face lightened up as she answered the question.

“I’d be married to the man I love and have a happy family”

He was surprised to hear her answer. It was not the answer that he was expecting.

She took another sip of wine. “It sounds so simple, isn’t it?”

“It does but it’s possible. It’s doable actually”

“Thanks” she said and took another drink.

She was back to her reverie and for a moment she forgot that GD was there. He took the opportunity to look at her, memorizing her face. It seemed surreal that he was talking actually talking to her when he could only see her on TV. The television did not do justice to her. She looked even beyond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter