You Probably Think This Song Is About You (Don't You?)

Crazy Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The venue was starting to get full as each artist and members of the entertainment circle began to arrive.  Expensive wines and other spirits were being served. Wide array of food choices were available. Loud music began playing and had been interrupted by the host a few times to announce the presence of some important people in the entertainment industry, acknowledge the awardees and make an obligatory comment about the celebrities.

As such, GD’s arrival did not go unnoticed. Having won one of the biggest awards of the season, he was obligated to come to the stage and say something. Maybe another thank-you speech or anything he might want to say for the heck of saying something. The master of ceremony had other plans though.

“How about if we let the Artist of the Year make a special performance for us today?  I’m sure GD prepared something for us. Right GD?”

Jiyong, or J as some of his friends in the industry called him, stood there on the stage, chuckled and humbled-not expecting the sudden favor of performing in front of his co-idols.  The crowd seemed to agree with the hosts and cheered for him to sing or rap or whatever performance he can show. Not that he was unprepared; it was just so sudden that he did not know what to sing or what to do in front of the encouraging audience. He was an artist after all, therefore on-the-spot performances were expected. He knew his craft well and so he should be confident enough to showcase his talent.

As sudden as the performance was required of him, an abrupt decision was also made by GD.

“Yeah.  Sure. I mean I‘d be happy to sing for you however I feel the need to have someone to share the stage with aside from the live band of course. Would that be okay?”

The crowd cheered and it became louder.

“I’m gonna have the beautiful Dara Park to share the stage with me” he shyly smiled.

Dara was sipping her martini when she heard her name being mentioned by no less than the Dragon himself. She was beyond shock that GD had the nerve to pull that kind of prank on her. She was starting to have some fun when suddenly he ruined the mood. He ruined the mood big time.

Shock was evident on her face and when the crowd spotted her, they began to cheer for her too.

Fck you Kwon Jiyong.

She carefully placed the glass on the table and managed to smile and walked her way to the stage.

She glared at GD, asking for explanation but his attention was focused on the members of the band to prepare them for a song that they were about to perform. As soon as he was facing the crowd, he managed to whisper something to Dara.

“Looks like we’re gonna share the same stage again”

“Fck you. You’re gonna pay for this Kwon. I don’t tolerate childish act”

He let out a chuckle and smiled at the crowd who at the moment had no inkling about the bickering that was happening.

I’m not gonna back down.

If this the way you play games, bring it on.

She started to shift the mood. She was an actress after all.  She knew how to play well.

She faked a laugh to show the audience that she was glad to be on stage and excited to perform with the Artist of the Year. Deep inside her, she was fuming with anger. No, it was rage. She was raging like a tigress and contemplating ways on how to slay the dragon. She won’t back down. She won’t lose.

“So, what are we gonna sing, Your Highness?” She said sarcastically and faked another smile.

He knows she was faking it but he can’t help but admire her beauty and the words that came from .

Feisty! I like that.

He did not regret what he did. He did not regret asking Dara to perform with him on the stage although it was not really his plan to begin with. He knew she had the voice of a singer, as T.O.P., a mutual friend of both-had attested to. He knew from T.O.P’s story that she had initially planned to train as a singer but eventually ended up as an actress, an A-list actress at that.

“Holy Grail. You’re gonna sing JT’s part and I’ll rap. Are you in for that?”

“I don’t have a choice, do I?”

“We can change the song Babe, if you like. You can hit the high notes, can’t you?”

She held her hand as a sign of defeat.

U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter