Ordinary People

Crazy Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Whoa! Oh my goodness! This is like….ugh! Heaven” Dara shrieked like she was in a state of euphoria.

GD couldn’t help but smile at what he was hearing, least what he was seeing.

She was holding the refracture telescope as she adjusted its lens trying to observe the countless stars on the night sky.  It brought her enjoyment as she took on a cosmic exploration. She didn’t know the starry names or the patterns formed by the stars but it was enough for her to know that such magnificent constellations exist.

They were standing at the balcony adjacent to his room as they took turns in peeking through the telescope and exploring the beauty of the cryptic night sky. Who knew that behind the GDragon façade was a geek kid and romantic-kind-of-guy?

But GD was far from being a geek or a romantic for that matter. He bought the telescope in one of the shop he was visiting and it caught his attention. He didn’t even know how to use it-properly use it. He bought it on an impulse. Then he thought about placing it as more of a décor on the balcony. Well, now he has a reason to make good use of that thing and a lot to thank for.

She was hooked on sky watching that she momentarily ignored his presence. He on the other hand was busy observing his own star. He was gazing at her but she was oblivious to those gazes because she, too was busy looking at the dazzling vast sky. And he can’t help but smile just by looking how happy and cheerful she looked.

“Wow. It’s beautiful” she exclaimed as she pushed the scope’s high power eye piece with its lens.

“Beautiful” he repeated the word as he stared at her intently.

After a full fifteen minutes, she averted her eyes from the telescope and realized that he was now looking at the view in front of him. The balcony was facing the garden and the bright moon illuminated the place. She stole a glance at him and a smile crept into her face. She noticed that he looked younger in person as compared to what she sees on TV. She also noticed the tattoo on his neck though she didn’t know what it means nor comprehend what those symbols are. There are just so many things that are far from what her eyes see and perceive.

He shot back a questioning look at her but she just smirked and directed her gaze at the garden below the balcony. They stood there staring blankly at the view not knowing what to say or what to do. As each minute ticks in, the atmosphere was becoming more awkward.

“So…..” he sighed before continuing what he was about to say. “….how’s the star gazing?”

“It’s so beautiful. I really like looking at the night sky wondering……………..” she trailed her words and stuttered. ” ……wondering if he is watching over me..if he is happy out there” she wanted to say but she can’t find the exact words to say or how to say it. She didn’t even know if she really wanted to say it. It’s ironic that while she was gazing at those stars, at the sky, when it seemed so near and within her reach- she hadn’t thought of him nor did the stars remind her of him.

“Wondering what?” he asked.

She was brought back from her reverie when she heard him speak.

“Wondering…..wondering how everything looks from up there. Wondering how it would be when stars lose its light and brightness”

There was silence between them and he didn’t know how to respond or what to ask. He pondered on her response knowing there was something behind those words- a hidden meaning or something. Perhaps he was right that there was something about that statement, something deep and meaningful.

“Are you afraid that one day you’re going to lose your brightness?” he was referring to fame.

She contemplated how to answer that question.

“I am” she answered honestly because it was the truth. “……..for now, that is. Maybe tomorrow or the next year or ten years from now I won’t be afraid losing the fame. I don’t know. I mean, right now that’s the answer I could come up. Well, I don’t want to be on the news or on gossip columns forever that’s for sure.” And she laughed at her own response.

He too, contemplated how to answer the same question when she asked him.

“Can’t say I’m not afraid but if there’s a better trade-off I wouldn’t hesitate to hold onto it.”

“To fame or to the trade-off?”

“Trade-off”

“And what could it possibly be?”

“I don’t know. Well, I don’t know it yet since I haven’t come across with it”

“It? So it’s a thing? A material kind of thing. Not  person or people?” she eagerly asked.

“Tangible or not, it doesn’t matter anyway. If it’s a better trade-off, then I guess I’d go for that”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter