What Friends Are For. -Taemin drabble

~Drabble Collection~

Oh baby stay with me~ Naegyeoteman isseo~  Jwo niga nae jeonbuyeotdan mallya yah ah ah~”

“Hm…where’s my phone?” I mumbled as I kneeled down to look under the couch. I lowered my head and squinted my eyes a bit. Nope…nothing.

“Oh baby stay together~ Naman ireoke~” My phone continued to ring.  I groaned as I got up and tried to think where I last put it. Let’s see…I was in the kitchen with Onew hyung, got some milk, and then took a nap on the couch. I dug through the couch cushions and pulled out my phone, which was still ringing. I quickly picked up and held the phone up to my ear while saying hello.

“I-It’s…i-it’s…” I heard a girl sniffle on the other end. She then let out a loud cry. I raised an eyebrow as I sat on the couch.

“Huh? Hello? Who is this?” I asked, a bit concerned now. Maybe this was a fan?  But wait, how did a fan get my number? I don’t think that’s possible. And if it was…then I’m in big trouble.

“T-Taemin…It’s L-Luna…” I heard the girl stutter as she continued to cry. I let out a small gasp.

 “Luna?!  Are you okay?!  What happened?!  Is something wrong?!” I asked/yelled through the phone. I only heard her sobbing…

“P-Please c-come…” She stuttered and then my phone made a beeping sound indicating she hung up. My eyes widened as I pulled the phone from my ear.

“Wait! Luna? Luna?!” I exclaimed yelling at my phone.

“Um…You okay there Taemin?” Minho asked me. I looked up at him and saw him staring down at me with a raised eyebrow.”…Well whatever it is…you do know that talking to your phone won’t solve anything right?”

“Minho! Drive me to Luna’s house now!” I yelled jumping up from where I sat. Minho gave me another look that pretty much said “Excuse me?” That look that he gives the other members when he tries to be intimidating. I swallowed and nervously chuckled.

“I-I mean, can you please take me to Luna’s house? It’s an emergency.” I explained with a nicer tone this time. Minho continued to stare at me for a few seconds, which made me pretty nervous, but at the end shrugged.

“Sure. Just let me get my keys.” He said rather calmly as he walked away to his room. Apparently Minho doesn’t know the meaning of emergency. I smiled gratefully.

“Thanks hyung!~”

~~--Later on--~~

“Thanks for the ride Minho!” I said as I shut the car door.

“So what, am I just supposed to wait here?” Minho asked leaning back in the car seat. I nodded and started to run towards Luna’s house.

“I’ll call you if there’s any trouble!” I yelled waving to him. I heard him mutter a simple “okay” as I approached Luna’s front porch. I carefully took a step forward and knocked on her wooden door.

“Luna! It’s me! Taemin! Open up!” I shouted loudly as I knocked. Nothing.”LUNA OPEN THE-“ The door slowly creaked open by itself.”…Door.” Hm, that’s weird. She didn’t lock her door. I stepped into her house and cautiously look around me in an attempt to find someone.

“Luna? Where are you?” I said suddenly in a hushed whisper. Yeah like she’ll hear it, I thought to myself sarcastically. I continued to walk through her house…but I didn’t really notice anything unusual. It was just silent. And nobody was here. Usually I would enter her house and Luna would greet me immediately. Or her dog would jump up at me.  So far I didn’t see either of them.

“Luna?” I called out. I heard soft whimpering coming from one room. I stopped right in my tracks to hear where the sound was coming from. It seemed to be coming from Luna’s room…As I walked to her room the sound got louder. I slowly opened her bedroom door and poked my head inside.

“…Luna?” There on her large pink Hello Kitty bed sat Luna with tears streaming down her pink cheeks, red tired eyes, pouty lips, and a large pile of tissues on her right side as she clutched her Hello Kitty pillow protectively.

“T-Taemin…” She sniffled rubbing her left eye.

“Luna!” I swiftly rushed to her side and sat beside her.”What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“I-I…I r-really…”

“Where are your parents Luna?” I asked looking around her bedroom.

“W-Working.”

“And where’s Casey?” I said, referring to her dog.”I would have at least expected her to be with you. But I didn’t see her when I-“Luna’s body started to shake violently and a loud sob escaped her lips.

“CASEY!” She cried as she buried her face deep into her pillow. I flinched a bit. W-Was it something I said?!

“L-Luna? P-Please calm down…” I said in patting her shoulder.”Please tell me what happened.” I felt her nod and with that she lifted her head up and let out a huge sigh.

“O-Okay…” She sniffled as she rubbed her nose with her sleeve.”We took C-Casey to the vet because she was having p-problems with her h-health.” I nodded for her to continue.

“W-Well, they s-said that they had to keep her there for s-some testing and they would call me w-when they were done so t-that we could pick her up. B-But…”

“It’s okay Luna. Just say it.” I said patting her arm. She nodded and stared at the floor.

“I-I got a call from the v-vet today a-and t-they said that…t-that she…” My mind slowly processed what she was telling me and I finally understood.

“Casey’s…gone?” I asked her in disbelief. Luna looked up at me with glassy eyes and nodded before letting out another cry.

“YES!” She sobbed covering her face with her hands.

“Oh Luna…I am so-WHOA!” I exclaimed as she pulled me into an unexpected hug as she cried. I felt my cheeks heat up quickly as she held onto me tightly.

“I M-MISS HER SO M-MUCH!” She cried into my shirt. I was still a little taken back at the little embrace I was in right now. My heart was pounding fast…but why? Isn’t Luna just another friend? I looked down at her. Luna was so…pretty. It broke my heart to see her cry like this. Luna was usually very cheerful and uplifting. But now she just seemed so fragile in my arms. After a while of letting her cry I quickly cleared my throat and tore my gaze away from her, feeling an intense blush rush to my cheeks once again.

“I-It’s alright Luna…” I said trying to use my most calming voice as I awkwardly her back.”…I’m sure Casey is in…dog heaven right now looking down on us.” I felt her body shake slightly.

“Uh…she wouldn’t want you to be unhappy. So please, don’t cry…for Casey’s sake.” She shook her shoulders repeatedly and this time I really got worried. “L-Luna? Don’t cry Luna. Luna?”  Luna looked up at me with the same watery eyes but this time she was…smiling?

“I’m not crying silly.” She said with a weak chuckle.”I’m laughing.”

“R-Really?! Was it something I said?”

“Yeah. Dog heaven? Wow.” Luna laughed again. I blushed again, feeling a bit embarrassed.

“I was just trying to cheer you up…” I muttered under my breath. She giggled a bit and gave me a small smile.

“Well it worked.” She said and gave me another tight hug.”Thanks Taemin.~”  I let out a nervous chuckle and smiled down at her while wrapping my arms around her.

“No problem Luna. That’s what friends are for.~” I said resting my chin at the top of her head. But…why do I suddenly have the feeling that I want to be something more? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to the new subcribers~

Oh and the next one is really long ^^"