Priceless. -Taemin drabble

~Drabble Collection~

I collapsed dramatically onto the cold wooden studio floor. You know the expression “like a fish out of water”? Well I must of looked like a goldfish having some kind of breakdown.  It wasn’t the best feeling in the world. He laughed and plopped himself right down next to me.

“Come on Rachel. It wasn’t that bad.~” He sang happily laying down next to me. I gasped and turned my head to him showing him the “Are you kidding me?” look on my face.

“Easy for you to say Taemin! You’re some kind of dancing freak!”  I exclaimed still out of breath.

“Why thank you.” He said placing his hands behind his head.”I take that as a compliment.”  We laid there in silence, only hearing our own breathing. Taemin’s breathing was pretty even considering that we had just been dancing for about an hour straight. It was calm, even, and relaxed. While mine was coming out loudly and unevenly, disturbing the silence that we were both enjoying.

“…Rachel do you want some water?”

“You can hear me breathing can’t you?”

“Yes and it’s scaring me a bit.” He admitted with a small smile as he stood up.”Don’t worry. I’ll go get you some.”  

“Thank you!” I hollered.  Taemin laughed and began to pour the cold liquid in a plastic cup. I sat there breathless, staring at it in awe. While he continued to pour the water my eyes traveled up his arm. Wow…he’s been getting some meat on those bones. My eyes wandered some more.

I hate to admit it but…Taemin’s hot! Especially when he just finished dancing. I shook my head rapidly to remove those thoughts. What am I doing? Taemin’s my best friend! I can’t just throw it all away because of some little attraction I have for him all of a sudden.  Taemin lowered the pitcher of water and smiled a bit to himself.  The smile was barely noticeable…but still seemed full excitement and passion. Alright, I’ve had a crush on him since the day I laid eyes on him. Guilty as charged.

“Taemin can you hurry up, I’m starting to hallucinate!” I said fanning myself. He laughed and quickly walked over to me, leaned down, and gave me the cup of water.

“Here you are!~”  I brought the cup to my lips and chugged down the refreshing drink. I pulled away and let out a gasp.

“THIS WATER TASTES SO GOOD!!!”  I yelled sitting up. Taemin laughed at me and sat down next to me again.

“Are you okay now ?”

“Yeah I think so.” I said putting down the cup.”So are we going to do this again tomorrow?”

“Hm…I don’t know.” He whispered.”I think that you should start paying me for this.”

“Paying you?!” I exclaimed.  He smirked at me and gave me a small nod.

“Sure why not? I don’t see the problem.” Taemin replied innocently.

“Well I have no money!” I said collapsing onto the floor again. “That’s no fair!”

“We can work something out…” He whispered to himself. But it still caught my attention. I sat up and stared at him in confusion.

“How?” His eyes widened bit and his cheeks turned light pink.

“Oh you h-heard that? Hehehe~….” He said with a nervous laugh.

“Yes I did.” I grinned. Taemin rubbed the back of his neck and looked down.

“Well…you can pay me off by…being my girlfriend.” He said in a low tone.

“That’s it?” I asked.”Piece of cake!~”

“Wait what do you mean-“ I suddenly grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into a kiss. This is what I’ve wanted to do for a long time. As he was about to kiss back I pulled away.

“Hm…how much do you think that was worth?” I asked. Taemin blushed but smiled brightly at me.

“That…was priceless.”