Tutor me? -Key drabble

~Drabble Collection~

I watched as he quickly wrote down all the answers on his paper effortlessly.  Each movement that he made was swift yet graceful. Suddenly, he got up from his desk and gave in his test. How can he be done so quickly?! He sat down and rested his hand on his cheek, letting out a soft yawn. I shook my head and turned my gaze down at my exam which still had a few more questions to be answered. I read through each question hastily and answered everything as fast as I could. I know all of them…I just wasted too much time staring at him.

Okay so let me explain it. Him is Key. He moved here two months ago from South Korea and is in almost all my classes. Sure I would be thrilled, but in these last two months I’ve developed a tiny “crush” on him.  

I bubbled in the last answer and quickly decided to glance at him for a second. Just a second. I turned my head slightly in his direction and saw that he was fast asleep. I let out a small sigh. Okay I’m pretty much in love with the guy. I carefully stood up, turned in my test, and sat down.  I glanced back at him with a small smile on my face. If only I had the courage to talk to him…I pushed up my glasses and let out another sigh.

Next Day>>>

 “Okay class. I will now give back your test from yesterday.” The teacher announced. When I received my paper I smiled.  An “A” was at the very top marked in red. I wonder how Key did. I looked over at him and saw him looking down at his paper. There was a mix of emotions in his face. The bell suddenly rang making all the people walk out loudly.

“Please turn them in signed tomorrow!” I heard the teacher exclaim as I walked out of the room. I began to think about him again. This seemed to be happening a bit too often. Sure I like him, but it was kind of frustrating how I like him so much yet I don’t have the guts to actually tell him.

“Hey. You’re Rachel, right?” someone asked. My heart fluttered as I turned to face him. There next to me was Key! He was actually walking with me! Alright Rachel, stay cool. Don’t say anything stupid!

“Um y-yeah.” I said with a nervous nod.  Oh my gosh, what do I do?!

“I guess you’re wondering why am talking to you right?” He asked beaming at me. My cheeks instantly started to burn.”Anyway, I just wanted to ask what you got on your test.”

“…Oh!” I quickly zipped open my book bag and pulled out my test. Wait, why does he want to know? He took it from my hand and examined the grade. A grin suddenly appeared on his face.

“Just what I thought.” He whispered to himself as he returned it to me.”Wow. You’re really good at math.” Key said with another brilliant smile. I shrugged and put the test back in my book bag.

“Not really, I just-“

“Wait.” Key said stopping me right in my tracks. I blushed as he leaned towards my face. He stared at me for a minute before pushing up my glasses for me.”There. That was kind of bothering me a bit.”  He mentioned with a small shrug and simple smile.”So where were we?”

“I-I um…” I stammered.”Uh…never mind.”

“Well like I was saying, you did way better than me.” Key said. I shot him a confused look. Me? Better than Key? The “Almighty Key”? Ha! As if!

“Really?”

“Yeah. I failed.” Key chuckled pulling out his paper. I honestly thought he was joking. I mean come on…it’s Key. He never fails at anything. NEVER. But right there in his hand was his test paper with a bright red “F” at the top.

“Whoa…” I snatched it from his hands and stared at it.”H-How did you get an “F”?!”

“Well…I guess I’m not really good at Algebra.” Key admitted giving me a sheepish grin.

“But during the test you looked so-“

“Huh?” I blushed again and bit my lower lip to keep myself from blurting out anything else.

“N-Nothing…”

“None of the other guys want to help me out so…” Key ran his fingers through his hair and locked his eyes with mine.”Tutor me?”

“What?” I let out a surprised gasp. Did he just ask me to tutor him? Just like that? He smiled at me.

“Can you be my tutor? It’s obvious that you’re really good at this subject.” Key explained further.”So how about it?”

“Uh…s-sure!” I stuttered suddenly. Even Key was a little surprised.

“Great! So I’ll see you later study buddy.~”Key winked and walked away to join his group. I blushed and let out a dreamy sigh. This was actually happening…

~~~---~~~

“Hey Key! So what happened? Did it work?” Jonghyun asked patting my shoulder. I smiled back at my friend.

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Hm, I never knew failing was the way to a girl’s heart.” Minho mused joining in on the conversation.

“I didn’t actually think it would work!” Taemin exclaimed.

“But of course you can never underestimate Key.” Onew snickered. I laughed and nodded in agreement. I don’t like failing on purpose. But if failing meant that I would get closer to Rachel, then I’ll gladly do it.