Step #8

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: Punishing Park Chan Yeol [ON HIATUS]

My tears suddenly bursts out from my eyes. It keeps on falling from my eyes as the truth slowly seeped into me. My mother didn’t die. She was sent to the asylum. She turned crazy because of what my dad had lied for 30 years. Then that means Jiaheng-oppa is my...half-brother? and Li Xiao Mei.. my new mother.. is.. the psychologists that had taken care of my mentally-ill mother?! I clenched my fist tightly as the other gripped on the document. I thought having a new life would make my deceased mother happy. I thought changing can be for the better but it wasn’t. My life started with a lie. It was builded with lie after lie. I’m only 19 and what? 30 years? Even before I was born? This lie started?!

 

I went down still in shock. I was holding my mother’s confidential documents on one hand and my dad’s on the other.

 

“Oh Hyomin! There you are! Why are you so late? Were you able to find your dad’s files?” I heard my mom asked. I looked at her with wide eyes. I placed the files on the table except my mom’s. “There it is.” She said and went into the table and went near the table and took it. “Thanks again, Hyomin dear.”

 

“Hyomin are you okay?” Yerin asked me as she felt I was not in the mood in talking to my mom. Xiao Mei looked at me in concern.

 

“Hyomin?” She asked and went near me. “Do you feel sick? Are you hurt somewhere?” Xiao Mei asked me. My hands were trembling because of anger, sadness, and betrayal. I didn’t hold back when I slapped my stepmother in the face. Silenced followed after that. Xiao Mei was cupping the cheek that I just hit and looked at me in a surprised way. Yerin was also in shock. She then  cleared and removed the pair of  gloves she was wearing then gulped. It was as if on cue my dad came in and shouted at me.

 

“HAN HYO MIN!!”

 

“I-I think it’s time for me to leave now.”I heard my friend said in a stutter. She then quickly left the house after bowing at my parents.

 

“What do you think you’re doing!?” My father yelled while she checked up on my stepmother. I remained silent and just stared at the two of them. “HAN HYO MIN! I’M ASKING YOU A QUESTION! YOU MUST ANSWER IT RIGHT NOW!!”

 

“How could you do this to me?” I mumbled while I gripped on the file folder of my mom’s. “HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME!?”

 

“What?” My dad unconvincingly said as he held my stepmother’s shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

 

“HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME ABOUT MY MOM’S DEATH!? YOU SAID SHE GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT AND THAT YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE THAT SURVIVED BUT SHE DIDN’T! AND WHAT?! YOU WERE KEEPING THIS FOR 30 YEARS?! EVEN BEFORE I WAS BORN?!” I shouted at them and they both widen their eyes in surprise.

 

“HYOMIN! Watch your language! Just listen to me first and I’ll explain this all.” I heard my father said softly.

 

“What’s there to explain, appa? It was all written here.” I shouted back at them and threw the folder at the table. “Here! The truth.”

 

“You are not supposed to see this.” My dad said in a monotone.

 

“Appa, I just did and I want the truth.”

 

“The truth is Hyomin... I was never in love with your mother.” He said and let’s out a loud sigh.

 

“B-bwoh?” I said. My head just can’t process any of this. My mother, My eomma. She was.. She was.. deceived. How could they live a life full of lies?

 

“Our wedding, our relationship. It was to strengthened our families’ companies. That is what it really was for. An arrange marriage. Believe me when I say I tried, especially when you came into our lives but I just can’t. I love Xiao Mei so much. I had been in love with her ever since I was in High School, but in order to save my father’s company, I had to marry your mother and lie about Xiao Mei.” He said looking at Xiao Mei in an affectionate way. My throat was getting dry as my father just proclaimed his everlasting love for my stepmother. I gulped but was still in shock as my father spilled the “truth”. I just can’t believed what I’m hearing right now.

 

“Forgive me, Hyomin.” My dad said softly as he went near me and held both of my hands. “I have never loved you less than how I have loved Kevin and Xiao Mei.” I pulled my hands away from him then clenched my teeth in anger.

 

“But you never loved my mom the way that you have loved her!” I said then pointed at my stepmother. “I’ll never forgive you! I’ll never forgive all of you!” I yelled as I ran towards my room and cried.

 

*****************

 

Yeah. That’s how much of a drama my life was. I feel as if I’m a loser while living with them. I’m like that illegitimate child that no one likes. Every time I eat with them at the dinner table, it was as if I’m a freeloader with nowhere to go. Even if this mess is happening, I would have never hated my brother--or should I say half-brother. He had nothing to do with all of this madness. Not even a speck of it. I have loved Kev--I mean Kris like a real brother and he’s just too nice to be angry at. He’s the total opposite of me and so I decided to not tell him about this. I don’t want him to be in this mess too. I don’t want him to get hurt. However, all of these changed when the accident happened.

 

*****************

 

“Yah! I told you before. Being an idol is hard work! It will get you nowhere. I’ve proven that for sure.” I shouted at my closet as I chose something to wear. “Imma cutie pie hug me please? or Ohh so y want some of this?” I said while showing two dresses in front of my computer screen.

 

“I would go for Imma cutie pie,hug me please. but seriously Hyomin-ah, you don’t have to preach this young man. He knows what he’s doing and he loves it more than he loves his only sister.” He said as I went behind my folding screen and put the dress that he picked for me.

 

“Heyyy!!” I complained at glanced at the computer screen. “Oppa! Stop it. It makes it me more jealous than what I usually feel. But you should know that I have a deep deep hatred towards idols right? Are you mocking your one and only sister?” I said acting all hurt as I went out of my folding screen. I saw him chuckle from the other screen and I just scoffed.

 

“We both know I’m lying right now right? How can I not love you more than being an idol. You’re my only sister and no one can replace you except Yerin though” He chuckled. “Your hatred towards idol is one of the reason why I pursued it you know. I became one so you won’t hate us anymore.” I just shook my head in disbelief.

 

“Speaking of Yerin, you’re in Canada right now right?” I asked while sitting at my swivel chair near the computer.

 

“Yeah, almost at BC though.” He said yawning. “Ah, I’m so tired.”

 

“Your fault! You should’ve book a flight earlier.”

 

“I’m sorry, Miss Han Hyo Min that this Wu Yi Fan didn’t know it was gonna be fully booked within 2 hours.” I chuckled and sighed.

 

“But promise me you’ll come? It’s Yerin’s ballet performance tonight. She REALLY needs you to be there.” I said making sure to emphasize that word.

 

“I know, I know. I’m almost there so don’t worry.”  He said tapping the steering wheel.

 

“Okay! I’ll hang up now. You need to focus on your driving. See you in a few minutes.” I said to him smiling.

 

“”Okay. See you in a few minutes, Hyomin.” He said then hung up. I went to Yerin’s place but even before I was about to knock on the door, Kris texted me saying he can’t make it because his entertainment had an important meeting that he REALLY need to attend to. I texted that Toronto is far to go back to but he said the meeting is in Vancouver and so it’s fine, he says. Fine? Are you serious? I’m at a panic state right now. I don’t know how to break it down this matter to Yerin in the most gentle way. I shook my head and took a deep breath as I knock on her door. Yerin appeared within 10 seconds with a smiling face. I told her about Kris’ matter and her smile faded away. Poor girl was so sad that her parents had to come with her in the performance. It has been a habit--actually a custom-- that Kris had to come to Yerin’s performance because my brother is the only one who can make Yerin’s worries disappear. I didn’t come with her since she might even lose more confidence if she sees my face, but something inside me felt uneasy. It seems like half of me wants to stop Yerin from going to her performance. It wasn’t even 30 minutes when I heard a distant crashing sound across the street. My heart started beating fast inside my chest as I ran to the place. Right there, I saw a familiar car that was now flipped upside down. I quickly called an ambulance and they were able to respond immediately. I saw Yerin’s head was covered in blood. My head widen at the shock as her parents were declared DOA (dead on arrival) My tears started flowing down my eyes as I walked near the ICU. I suddenly thought of my brother and drove to where he said he was holding a meeting with the entertainment. I quickly went to the receptionist and asked for the SM ent’s meeting room but what she told me made even more surprised.

 

“Meeting?” She chuckled. “Oh you must have heard wrong. It’s SM’s annual party.” Then anger took over me. “You said you are Kris’s little sister?”

 

“I’m afraid so.” I said calmly but with a hint of anger in my tone. I gave her my ID and she looked shock and ask me to follow her. And so I did.

 

While walking into the hallway, I can hear loud bass and as we went closer to that room, the loud music began to get louder and louder. The receptionist opened the door and I can see neon laser lights blinking all over the place. The music blasted the hell out me and I started scanning for a tall, blond-haired man and it wasn’t difficult. When I went closer, I saw him talking to a girl, I think he was a part of that Girl’s Generation group but I’m not sure.

 

“Yah! Li Jiaheng! What do you think you’re doing?!” I shouted at him but it feels as if I was just whispering since the music was so loud.

 

“Hyomin-ah? Sorry. Tell Yerin I’ll make it up to her.” He said leaning at my ear. I scoffed and smirked.

 

“You’re so stupid! Do you know what happened to her because she heard you weren’t coming?!” I shouted at him and he seemed to not care. I pulled him out of that room.

 

“What’s with you? I was having fun.” he said and chuckled.

 

“Are you drunk!? Are you freaking drunk right now?!” I asked in my high pitched tone.

 

“Nope. I’m not.” He said scoffing. He shoved me out of the way to go back inside but I stopped him.

 

“YAH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT’S YERIN’S CONDITION RIGHT NOW?! SHE WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT EARLIER YOU DRUNKEN FOOL! HER PARENTS DIED BEFORE THEY EVEN WENT INSIDE THE HOSPITAL AND NOW SHE’S IN A CRITICAL STATE BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GREW FOND OF THAT STARDOM OF YOURS THAT YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN YOUR LIFE!” I shouted at him.

 

“How is it my fault? Yerin’s almost 18. She should act mature and not cling on anyone for help. She should know how to be an independent woman.” He countered at me. I was in speechless. My mouth hung open. I can’t believe that those harsh words will come out from my very own brother.

 

“Mw-Mwoh? not your fault?” I said still in shock on what he said. “And I even call you a nice person! You know what? I made a mistake coming here. Go back inside! I won’t bother you anymore,oppa. But remember this, this is will be the last time I’ll consider you my brother.” I left him hanging and went back to the hospital as I waited for the doctor to come out.

 

“Hyomin-ah!” I heard someone called me and when I turned my head. I saw Kris.

 

“Well look who decided to show up.” I sarcastically said as I cross my arm.

 

“How was she?”

 

“Now you care?” I scoffed then raised my eyebrows.

 

“Hyomin, Stop please. I know what I said earlier was wrong. I know that already and I’m sorry, but you don’t have to rub it in me.” He said seriously.

 

“Please, Kris. I don’t give a to anymore of your crap. Didn’t I tell you earlier? From now onwards, you are not my brother. So I don’t give a about you and your drama anymore.” I countered back. Before he was to reply, the doctor came out and called for us.


“Ms. Lee had lost a lot of blood but her heartbeat had stabled. She might, however, have conflicts arising as she wakes up.” The doctor said then left. Yerin was then moved to the recovery room which we rented privately just for her. She woke up a few days later and the conflictions that the doctor was talking about happened surprisingly. Lee Yerin remembered everything except Kris.

 

***************************

So sorry for a super late update. THANK YOU ALL FOR WAITING FOR MY UPDATES :D

 

-HisOfficialProperty