Step #7

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: Punishing Park Chan Yeol [ON HIATUS]

As promised you guys! :))

--------------------------------------------------------

 

“Sunhee, your mom’s gone now. She left us.” That’s what I heard after I came back from school. I didn’t even bother going to Uncle Taesang’s restaurant because I am physically and mentally exhausted right now. I can’t believe what I’m hearing right now as those words are coming out from my father. “No!! NO!!! No it can’t be.” I shouted at my father as I felt tears forming my eyes. “NO! She can’t leave like this! I haven’t showed her how I changed. I haven’t showed her how pretty I am right now! No, No she can’t die, appa!” I said then rushed to my room and cried.

 

“Sunhee-ah.. Please..” My dad said worriedly. “Let her go.. I know it’s the best for the both of us. She might have left us but she will always be in our hearts, Okay?” He said comforting me.

 

I never saw my mother’s corpse since it was all in ashes when I got home from school. My dad said that he doesn’t want me seeing my mother’s body burning because he know I won’t be able to take it.

 

**************

 

“Hi.” said a tall young man greeting me with a smile as I opened the door of my house. Beside him was a beautiful young lady with her hair fixed on the sides.

 

“Who are you? I asked them.

 

“Sunhee? You’re Sunhee right?” The tall man asked in English while looking at me from head to toe. “Dad was right! My sister is beautiful!”

 

Dad? I asked myself. Just who is this person claiming me as his sister. “Appa!!!!! There’s weird people here! I don’t know who they are!” I shouted making sure that my father can hear it if he’s at his room.

 

“Oh, Sunhee! You’re here!” I heard my father asked me while going down the stairs.

 

“Appa!”

“Dad!”

 

Me and the tall guy shouted at once. I quickly looked at him and knitted my eyebrows in confusion. Just who is this giant really!!

 

“Appa! What’s happening? Just who are these people?” I asked running towards my dad. He smiled at me and patted my back.

 

“Introduce yourself.” He said. “Her name is Li Xiao Mei (A/N: I seriously don’t know his mom’s real name so I’m just making this up.) She’s your new mother now. She’s Chinese so you can speak to her in Mandarin or in English too and this young man is your new big brother, Li Jia Heng.” He said as the patted the tall guy’s shoulder.

 

“Mwo!? N-new mother!?” I stutteringly said. I saw my dad nodded then went to my “new mother” and put her arm on the side of her shoulder. I was startled. I felt like my body is not moving as I saw my dad kiss that lady’s cheek. It was not long since my mom died. 3 years is too short for me to forget her but my dad seems to have forget about her easily. Is it because we lived overseas now and that he wants a new life? I took a deep breath and slightly bowed at them.

 

“Hello, my name’s Han Sun Hee.” I introduced myself in English. They smiled at me but I just put on my straight face. “I don’t have an English name because I just don’t want to.”

 

My dad cleared his throat to relieve the stress that was going on. “Why don’t we take a seat and talk?” I heard the Chinese lady said. I slightly smirked at her. So you’re playing the mother now, aren’t you?

 

“No thank you. My dad said to just introduce myself. So..” I said then slightly bowed at them and left I slowly walked to my room. I scoffed and blinked hoping that my tears won’t fall but to my disappointment. It did. How could he do this to me? How could my dad do this without even consulting me?

 

I heard a knock on my door and then it opened showing the tall guy from earlier.

 

“I’m sorry to barge in your room.” He said shyly in a deep voice. His voice reminds me of the jerk that I know back in high school. He stared at me and I quickly look away hiding my tears. I felt a sudden warmth beside me. I saw him leaning on the side of my bed.

 

“Here.” He said giving me his handkerchief.

 

“I don’t need that.” I said in Korean hoping he won’t understand it. I heard him chuckle then felt my face being moved by two warm hands. He then took the handkerchief and wiped my tears.

 

“You should use this to wipe those away. They say women are ugly when they cry and I guess it’s true” He said with a small smile. He took his hand away from my cheeks and cleared his throat. He started scanning my room and looked at my paintings. “Did you made this?” He asked and I nodded. He stood up and looked at my paintings closely. “These are amazing paintings!” He exclaimed.

 

“Thanks.” I said to him and gave him a small smile. I got up and sat on the side of my bed while looking at how this guy observe my paintings.

 

“Do you understand Korean?” I asked out of the blue as he continued his observation. He shook his head as he still looks at the paintings.

 

“Oh.” was all I said before an awkward silence covered the room.

 

“I’m sorry.” I heard him said still looking at the paintings. “You might think that me and my mom are home-wreckers because we just came out of the blue claiming that your dad is my dad too. If I were you too, I would act the same. You see, I understand how you feel too.” He heaved a sigh and sat beside me. “We never wanted to destroy your family. I know its not long since your mother died, and---”

 

“It’salreadydestroyed.” I mumbled as I gripped on the bed sheets.

 

“What?”

 

“It’s already destroyed even before you came or my.. my mother died.” I said to him. “You don’t have to say that it’s your fault or your mom’s because it isn’t.” I said crying again. I started accepting the reality that we need to move on with our lives and it seems that I am the only one stuck in the past now.

 

“There you go again.” He said. He grabbed the handkerchief from me and wiped my tears again. “I don’t really like my sister crying. I hate it when you’re sad. From now on, your oppa will take good care of you. It’s right, right? Oppa? That’s big brother in Korean right?” He asked curiously. I nodded and smiled at him.

 

“Yes, Oppa.”

 

Maybe they weren’t bad after all. Maybe it’s true that I am still stuck in the past that I’m the only one losing their way. I guess having a new mother may not be bad after all and I having a caring brother like him isn’t bad after all.

 

But all of those thoughts changed when I discovered something that I wasn’t supposed to.

 

“Hyomin!!!” I heard my new mom--I mean eomma called me.

 

“Yeah?” I asked running towards her.

 

“Your dad told me that he forgot some documents on his file cabinet. Do you mind getting it for me? My hands are kinda full right now.” She said as she was planting flowers with Eliana, but her name was Lee Yerin in Korean. She was my new bestfriend and Jiaheng’s long time childhood friend. When I ask her how long they are friends,she would just reply “We started from being diaper buddies and still going strong!”

 

“Do you want me to come?” Ellie asked me but I quickly shook my head.

 

“Nah. I’m good. Just help my mom there. I know she needs it more than me.” I said and left them.

 

I went to my dad’s office room and quickly went to the metal drawer that was on the right side of my dad’s room. I took out the document that was dated for today and took it out. Just before I was going to close it, I saw a very familiar writing on one of the folders. I know it’s bad to look at other people’s stuff without their permission but I was just so curious. I placed my dad’s documents on the table and took out that certain folder. If I’m right, those characters written on the folder is my biological mother’s name. I opened it and there were some confusing documents written there.that I can’t even understand and there were even marked as “confidential”, but one thing my eyes caught was that certain report. It was two days right after my mother died.


 

“Patient 000613280, Sun Hyori had been experiencing signs of depression, anxiousness and sudden bursts of rage. She keeps on yelling “That’s my husband! That’s my husband! You can never have him!” or some other days when her sadness would engulf her, she would yell: “He’s a jerk. He’s a bad person. That person doesn’t have a heart. How could he lie to me about having another family other than me and my Sunhee? How can he hide it for 30 years? How can he hide to us that he was married to Xiao Mei! and had a son!” Sun Hyori will undergo a series of therapy in order to prevent further damage on her brain.

 

Signed and Confirmed by:


Li Xiao Mei

 

**********

 

I have no words. . .

LOL

See you on my next update guys!!!

 

HOP-unni loves you!!