I Hate Feeling Like This

A Dream, Sealed With A Pinky Promise

Normal POV

The stilled silence filled the halls of the YG dormitories. A series of quiet sobs were the only source of life coming from the cradled Anika. Her violent thrashing didn't last long as Taeyang dragged her out of the dorm. As she began to settle down just mere minutes after what happened, the only sufficient amount of energy she had left within her was used as she silently cried into Youngbae's clothed torso. For the rest of the way, all the singer did was cry in her friend's chest.

"We're here, Nika," Youngbae finally said, now hovering in front of the single person dorm.

She achingly lifted her head, eyeing the entrance to her dorm. Her eyes returned to the BIGBANG member, his eyes meeting hers. The brunette looked back at the entrance once more, letting out a tired sigh. Letting herself out of the singer's grasp, she sauntered to the entrance and dissolved into the darkness.

Although she didn't give a word for him to come in, Youngbae went in relentless. Filling the living space with light, he was greeted by a now pajama worn Anika, who was withdrawing from her room. "That was quick," he joked, an attempt in getting the trainee to smile. Motionless, Anika sighed again, returning sulkily to her bedroom.

SOL frowned as he watched his friend disappear into her room. There was an aching in his chest as he watched a girl who was like his sister break before his very eyes. Taking in a breath, Youngbae made his way to Anika's bedroom, greeted by the sight of a crying teenager curled up in bed.

Youngbae’s POV

What the maknae said tore Anika up, even if it was drunken gibberish. I had a feeling Daesung was going to hand it to him before I could. But Seungri was the last person I wanted to be dealing with at the moment. Anika was my primary concern.

Seeing her like this triggered an uneasy feeling in my stomach. She’s the kind of girl who’s the last to cry. Her weak state, so fragile looking, woke up the ‘Older Brother’ sense within me. Whenever she was like this, that feeling would come out. Then again, it’s there 24/7.

“Nika,” I whispered, taking a spot next to her on the bed. My hand reached over, caressing her trembling back. As soon as we made contact, her crying came to an abrupt stop. Wiping her eyes, Anika turned over, her watery, puffy eyes looking up at me. “I don’t want to deal with this anymore,” she whispered, a new batch of tears spilling from her green eyes. “What do you mean?” I asked her confusedly.

She picked herself up, now at precise eye level with me. This was the perfect view for me to take in Anika’s ornate details on her face. In the short time span since we left, Nika’s face looked worn and fallen. I frowned at the sight before me.

“You’ve always been the other person I went to besides Dae. I tell you two everything, but this is one particular thing I can’t tell him,” she said faintly, resting her head on my shoulder. I raised an eyebrow, another round of confusion sweeping over me. “Is it really that bad you can’t tell him?” I asked, lacing my fingers wit hers. “Neh,” she motioned, giving a slight nod of her head. “It’s something I don’t understand. It’s something I can’t understand, something I can’t grasp. It’s something I really, really despise.”

“Is this some kind of physical object you’re talking about?” I asked once again, trying to piece what she could be talking about. I heard a sigh escape her lips. No answer? Removing her head from my shoulder, she became eye level with me again. There was a new amount of tears welling in her eyes. I don’t think she realized this.

“Ever since I returned to Korea, I’ve been feeling strange,” she began, “and Daesung is the cause of these strange feelings.” I gave in to my thoughts, trying to put two and two together.

….

….

….

THAT’S IT.

“He’s my best friend. I’m not supposed to be having these feelings. I’m not supposed to want his arms around me just because, or want to crash my lips on to his, or have him look at me with longing and love, not that kind, anyway.”

Her tears disappears by the swipe of her hand. She continued on, ignoring the continuous tears. “Youngbae,” she choked, “I don’t know what to do about these feelings.

 

A/N:  I know this chapter is short, but I'm actually kind of satisfied with it. O: Chapter 9 is in progress~! :3 Comment & Enjoy!