Let The Jealousy Begin in 3... 2... 1

A Dream, Sealed With A Pinky Promise

For some reason, my emotions have been playing some kind of sick joke on me lately. This trick, which, again, for some odd reason, has involved Daesung. Ever since I’ve returned to Korea, I’ve been taking notice to the change in emotional factor when it comes to my best friend. It all began when I walked in on him half , then it was like a domino effect from that point on. Domino effect how, exactly? Well…

Exhibit 1 - The day we went out to eat on the day of my arrival, whenever he’d smile, my heart felt like it was going to rip out of my chest from beating too erratically.

Exhibit 2 - Whenever the boy pouted the entire time we were there, my heart would go into a second round of erratic beats.

Exhibit 3 - When he took me out to dinner, I felt my face heat up and heartbeat pick up when he’d grin at me.

Exhibit 4 - As soon as his hand touched my “food baby”, my body ached for him to wrap his arms around me.

Exhibit 5 - When he told me he always thought I was beautiful, my face turned red, and, once again, my heart began to malfunction.

Exhibit 6. The instant he put his forehead to mind, I wanted to close the centimeters that separated us at that very moment.

Exhibit 7. The entire time he was talking about me being a wonderful mom, my throat suddenly became dry.

…And, just to add to the list, when we were sitting on my bed, I got nervous because he was too close. It made me feel uncomfortable. Honestly, with what’s been going on the past week, my emotions have just been playing me. In the past, I didn’t have these aching wants to kiss him or embrace him with such romantic frivolity. Yeah, I said frivolity.

Whenever I’d see him or we were together, I’d feel happy and excited. But it was like that whenever I was with him. Yet… it was a different kind of happy, a different kind of excited feeling. My emotions are screwing with me. I think it’s because I haven’t seen Daesung in over six months. Yeah, that’s what happens when you don’t see someone you truly care about for a long period of time. That has to be it. What other reason could it be?

Normal POV

His arm was draped over her shoulder, body connected to hers. Her body screamed for his embrace, the feel of his wonderfully toned arms around her waist. She felt confused because of this ongoing need for his touch. Dad, what is this I’m feeling? Why does my heart ache one minute, flutter in the next? Why is my stomach getting this butterfly sensation within itself? You would know the answers… because, I sure as hell don’t, let alone understand what is happening to me.

“There are going to be other people at our dorm tonight, Anika-ah,” he announced, interrupting her current train of thought.

“Chi altro sta per essere li?” his best friend asked, eyebrow perked up.

“Even after all the years I know you, I only know a little bit of Italian,” Daesung whined, sighing.

“Just try to guess what I said, Dae,” Anika pushed, giggling. “I gave you a couple of lessons, so you shouldn’t have that much of a problem.”

Daesung sighed, hanging his head as a few strands of his bands fell over his face. He wracked his brain, trying to recollect the childhood memories of he and Anika communicating in Italian. “Alright, from what I remember, I do know chi means who and essere means to be. Hm, who’s going to be there?” he asked, scanning her face for any sign of praise if this was the correct answer.

A small smile began to creep onto her lips. A ruffling of his hair was her signal of approval. “See? I knew you’d understand, Dae,” she chuckled again. “Besides, you did pick it up rather quickly, quicker than me. Having two languages thrown at you literally at the same time was a nightmare,” she explained, recollecting how her dad spoke to her Italian one moment, her mom speaking Korean in the next.

“But it’s helped you in the long run, knowing Italian and Korean, even Japanese and English on top of that,” Daesung pointed out, pulling his best friend closer to him. “But, back to what you asked - it’s going to be a couple of the dancers. They’re very excited to see you again!”

"Really? Looks like there’s going to be a major party tonight.”

***

 Anika’s POV

I heard a familiar, muffled voice on the other side of the locked door. I looked over at Daesung, a grin making its way onto my face. “That better be who I think it is…” I whispered to my best friend, ready to bust through as soon as the door would creak open in the slightest inch.

On cue, as soon as my eyes caught the door opening just an inch, I hitched up my leg and Sparta kicked the door open. “Jiyong! Come here, you y man!”

Oh yeah. That definitely stirred an unexpected silence. Too damn bad. The onlookers looked at me with wide, shocked eyes, except for Dae and Jiyong. Jiyong, as if he knew this was going to happen, had the hugest grin plastered on his cute face. As for my best friend, his head was in his palm, shaking in disappointment.

The leader of BIGBANG outstretched his arms, waiting for my acceptance to his hug invitation, welcoming me with that signature smile of his that made millions of girls swoon. Seriously, I just want to take his face and squish it!

“Ani, come here and give me some lovin’~” Jiyong remarked, his smile growing wider.

“My pleasure~” I answered, giggling as I ran into his arms. Putting my best friend aside, Jiyong and Youngbae were the ones who always gave the best hugs. Jiyong’s arms wrapped arm me as soon as I was in reach of his embrace. Scooping me up, he squeezed me tightly, chuckling as he whispered something in my ear. “Daesung is one lucky guy, I hope you know that.”

I felt the heat surface to my cheeks. What did he mean by that? As Jiyong set me down, he was met with an annoyed look. His eyebrows perked up, though he still wore his signature smile. “Ani, why are you looking at me like that?” he asked, playing as the dumbfounded leader. “I’m going to talk to you about that later,” I warned him, low enough so only his ears heard my words.

Setting me down, I playfully shoved his shoulder as I moved passed him. If what I’m thinking correctly about what Ji meant by that, he’s just one of many who thinks Daesung and I should become a couple. People like Jiyong are nuts… because it isn’t going to happen! EVER. EVER. I made sure of that two years ago.

As Daesung trailed behind, I was greeted warmly by familiar faces I’ve missed greatly.

“It hasn’t been the same without you running around YG with me,” said a toned, petite girl with a pixie styled haircut; she was Hyi Jun.

“Going into a Starbucks without my coffee buddy has been rather lonely in the States,” I told her as I enveloped her in a hug.

Although Hee Jun stood in only at 5’3’’, this girl is a small fry full of attitude and spunk. Whenever Seungri isn’t around, this girl is my other partner in crime. This pixie dancer isn’t afraid to tell you how it is. “None of the sugar coating crap” is her little spin on the whole ‘Honesty is the best policy’ kind of thing. She’s also quite perceptive of other peoples’ feelings, which, still, to this day, freaks us out. The first day I met Hyi Jun, I noticed a bit of my dad in her - caring, considerate, loyal and sensitive. I think that’s one of the reasons why we get along so well.

As I released Hee Jun, a pair of twins barreled into my arms as soon as she left my embrace. “It’s about time you came back, Anika! We hope you’re feeling much better,” the one twin with light brown hair, Eun Jung, said as she eyed me with relief in her eyes. Her clone, except she had black hair, Eun Ae, nodded in agreement. Although the two acted the same when they were together, have them apart and they were polar opposites. Eun Ae was the fun loving, outgoing, fashionista; Eun Jung was the adorable, shy bookworm who loved dressing in nothing but sweatpants and hoodies.

I smiled softly at the twins; I seriously missed these girls. These were my girls, the three of them. Whenever I wasn’t with the boys, I was with them. My God, how much I’ve missed them.

As they left my arms, our attention was brought to the noise that caught our ears - a soft knock at the door. The four of us exchanged puzzled looks, wondering who was behind the door since everyone was already here. “I don’t remember anyone else in the group, unless that’s my replacement?” I asked the twins, half-joking half serious.

“You know we’d never replace you, Anika! But, seriously, we have no idea who’s at the door,” Eun Ae replied, looking over at the boys for answers.

“I invited someone,” said a voice from the hallway, learning it belonged to Seungri.

 My eyes went back to the door, which was getting attended to by Daesung.

“DaeDae!” squealed an irritating voice. “Oh, you got a haircut! You look so cute!”

My green eyes went to the twins and Hee Jun. The three of them exchanged worried looks with one another before each pair of eyes landed on me. I clenched my fist, my nails digging into my palm.

Who was this and why was all over my best friend…

 

A/N: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! D: I've finally managed & my best to get this chapter done. /bows/ Again, I'm so sorry D: