Chapter 6

Kaleidoscope

Kyuhyun reluctantly led the way to the tower that the dark queen was trapped. By now, the tower is reduced to a pile of rubble. Ryeowook was still oblivious to the fact that she was the dark queen they have been talking about.

Ryeowook held hands with the tree spirit as they looked for his mother. As they arrive at the tower, Ryeowook did not seem to have any recollection of the past. She was busy looking around the trees nearby.

“Tree spirit ahjumma!” She called.

“Mama!” The tree spirit boy called too.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was more worried that Ryeowook would remember her past.

“Kyuhyun ah, help us call!” Ryeowook complained. He nodded and obeyed her.

As they continued searching the woods nearby, it’s almost evening already when they heard someone in pain.

“Mama!!” The boy ran towards the sound while Kyuhyun and Ryeowook ran behind. They stopped when they saw an ahjumma sitting under the tree .

“My boy! How did you get here?” The ahjumma asked.

“I am so worried!” The boy hugged his mother and cried.

“Where were you these days, ahjumma?” Ryeowook asked.

“I was hit by the magical brick of the dark queen tower when it crumbled. I fainted for days and I don’t have enough strength to return after I woke up.” She explained.

“Let us help you!” Ryeowook squat in front of the tree spirit ahjumma to offer her a piggy back but the son said to us “No, you have helped us enough. I will carry my mama home now.”

“But you are so small.” Kyuhyun said.

In a blink of the eye, the boy grew taller. He smiled at us gratefully and carried his mother. “Well, that’s the benefit of being a spirit I guess.” Kyuhyun said.

Ryeowook was so satisfied and kept waving goodbye to the mother and son.

“Aren’t you a busybody?” Kyuhyun asked his crush.

“The boy was so pitiful…” Ryeowook pouted.


They were strolling back to the palace as the sunset and it turned darker. The moon can already be seen in the sky.

“I hate the moon.” Ryeowook suddenly said. Kyuhyun paused and looked at the moon. Of course, whenever the moon appears, it’s the suffering time for her.

Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook’s wrist to stop her from continue walking.

“What is it?” Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes which made her blush. “Kyu…kyuhyun ah, why are you looking at me like..” Before she could complete her sentence, Kyuhyun crushed his lips onto hers and kissed her.

Ryeowook was utterly surprised as she stood still for him to taste her lips. Kyuhyun broke the kiss to catch his breath and giggled when he saw the stunned Ryeowook.

“From now on, I want you to only have good memories when you see the moon.” Kyuhyun whispered to Ryeowook’s ears.

Kyuhyun intertwined his fingers with hers and pulled her along with him as they walked back into the palace with all eyes on them.


 

The news speculating that the dark queen is dating the light master soon spread throughout the entire nation. Many people start holding protests to demand Ryeowook to be locked up again. Kyuhyun being protective, forbid her to read any news or use the computer.

Kyuhyun returned from a work and saw Ryeowook sitting at the corridor waiting for him. He smiled and sneaked behind her to backhug her.

“Are you bored?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No~” She said sweetly.

Just then, someone called from behind.

“Sire.” Kyuhyun turned over to see the prime minister and his daughter, haejin. The prime minister gestured to Kyuhyun to have a talk. He ruffled Ryeowook’s hair before moving towards his minister.

This left Ryeowook alone with Haejin. The dark queen stared at Haejin which send a shiver down the latter’s spine. Haejin avoided Ryeowook’s eyes for fear that she would remember that it was her that released her from the tower.

“Unnie!” Ryeowook clinged onto Haejin’s arm.

“M…mwo?”

“Unnie, what’s your name?” She asked.

“I’m not an unnie. I’m Haejin, I’m younger than you.”

“Really? I’m sorry.” Ryeowook bowed. Haejin couldn’t believe her eyes, the legendary dark queen bowing to her. Her confidence boosted.

“Ryeowook ssi, do you know how hard Kyuhyun is going through because of you?”

“What?”

“Because of what you did in the past, everyone are protesting about you.” Haejin continued.

“What did I do?” Ryeowook asked helplessly. Before Haejin could reply, Kyuhyun returned to his lover and put his hand across her shoulder. “let’s go.” Kyuhyun said to Ryeowook and bowed to Haejin. As they were leaving, the prime minister shouted “Sir, remember who you are. Don’t disappoint us!”


 

Kyuhyun was quiet the whole night while Ryeowook was as troubled over what Haejin said to her. Kyuhyun laid on the mattress on the floor without kissing ryeowook goodnight.

When it’s midnight, Ryeowook sneaked out of the room to Kyuhyun’s study room. She the desk light to read the newspaper. Headlines were: Dark queen dating the Light master?/ Protests to recapture the Dark queen/ Is Kyuhyun no longer our leader?

Ryeowook read on to find that she is the dark queen, master of all evil. Tears dropped from her eyes as she read. Suddenly, the lights of the study room was and Kyuhyun barged in to snatch the papers away from her.

“Let me read!” Ryeowook tried to snatch it back but Kyuhyun was taller.

“Don’t read it. They are all nonsense!”

“Why did you keep it from me? I was such a hideous monster! I…I…” She started to cry. Kyuhyun hugged her into his arms and said “It doesn’t matter to me.”

Ryeowook pushed him away and shouted “It matters! It matters! Your citizens are hating you because of me! I am supposed to be locked up!”

“Stop talking nonsense! I said I won’t let you get hurt.”

Ryeowook shook her head and ran out of the room. Kyuhyun wanted to chase her but couldn’t because he didn’t want to lie to her that everything was okay.

Ryeowook ran while wiping her tears. She past the grand hall to the stairway and along the way, she tripped and fell.

“Stupid, stupid.” She cried while hitting the ground.

“It’s the dark queen! Catch her!” The imperial guards behind her shouted and instinctively, Ryeowook got on her feet and ran for her life. It seemed that the guards were ordered by the ministers to catch her without the permission of Kyuhyun.

Although she has lost most of her powers, Ryeowook was still swift. She climbed up the wall and tiptoed to the other building. However, an arrow shot across her face and she was fast to evade but only to lose her balance.

Ryeowook fell off the rooftop and was caught on a web of ropes held by the guards.

“Kyuhyun ah!!!” Ryeowookk shouted desperately.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was pouring a cup of tea for himself while waiting for Ryeowook to return. He dropped the cup when Taemin shouted.

“Master! Ryeo…Ryeowook ssi has been caught!”


Comments please! Exciting part...

I was watching MAMA but disappointed that Shinee did not attend, so I stopped watching and decided to update now, if not i would update only tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!