Chapter 11

Kaleidoscope

This morning, Ryeowook woke up with a backache. She was made to sleep on the floor since she arrived in the palace later than Kyuhyun. He was strict with the rules and did not forfeit the rule even after he tricked Ryeowook to kiss him in exchange.

Kyuhyun was sleeping peacefully on the bed with the blanket kicked on the floor. Ryeowook finally understand how uch Kyuhyun loves her. Even if the floor was hard to sleep, he gave up his bed for her. .She walked to his bedside to cover him in the blanket but sudden;y, his eyes sprang open and pulled Ryeowook down with him on the bed.

“Yah!” Ryeowook shouted.

“One more minute okay?” Kyuhyun asked.

She gave in and remained in his arms. “We will be married in 3 days right?’ She asked.

“Yes. Are you excited?” Kyuhyun asked.

Ryeowook nodded and said “Yes. And we will leave this place right?”

“Yes. Let’s go and live somewhere far away from the palace where no one can find us.”

‘Okay, as long as no one knows, I will continue to be your kind hearted Ryeowook.’ She thought to herself.

After Kyuhyun left for his last day in the parliament, Ryeowook left to the garden for a walk. Along the way, she saw Haejin.

She was trembling when she saw her worst nightmare.

“Ry...Ryeowook ssi.” She greeted.

“Hi.” Ryeowook said. Haejin was surprised that the dark queen returned to being the nice girl again.

“Did you lose your memories again?” Haejin asked.

“No. I remember perfect what you tried to do to me.” Ryeowook said sarcastically.

“Then why are you....”

“Kind?” Ryeowook completed the sentence. Haejin nodded.

“I will marry Kyuhyun and leave this place so you need not worry.”

“What? I thought you want to kill Kyuhyun ssi?”

“Since I can’t kill him, I might as well love him.” Ryeowook said cheerfully.

“No you can’t!” Haejin blurted out. “What do you mean I can’t?”

“You are a monster. A devil. Kyuhyun should marry someone better.”

“Like you, you mean?” Ryeowook grabbed Haejin’s collar which frightened her.

“I have no intention to let Kyuhyun know that I remembered. So if he were to find out, don’t blame me for what i’m going to do to you.” The dark queen threatened.

Haejin swallowed and nodded while she was shivering in fear.

Ryeowook smirked and release Haejin to run away.

“Sir, do you really have to marry the dark queen? You are giving up everything you have for that evil queen.” The ministers tried to persuade Kyuhyun for the last time.

He smiled, “I believe that as long as the dark queen isn’t causing troubles, the nation doesn’t need a light master.”

Kyuhyun gave his ministers a final bow and left to look for his lover. He searched for her in the imperial garden but she was not around.

Where could she be?

Ryeowook sneaked out of the palace and moved swiftly in the woods. She returned to the area where she dug out her secret weapon. She took out the fan from her pocket and said “I’m sorry, i guess I won’t be needing you.”

She flick her finger for a tree shadow to come to live. It helped her dig a hole in the ground and she dropped the fan into the hole. The shadow then helped to bury the fan.

With another flick of the finger, the shadow returned to where it belonged.

‘Kyuhyun ah, let’s live the life we always wanteed.’ Ryeowook thought to herself.

Just then, she felt the ground trembling. Bewildered, she turned around to find the forest animals running to her direction. Using her powers, she flew up to the sky to avoid being stampeded by them. In a distance, she saw huge a small village in a distance on fire. It spread to the near by forest which then scared the animals to flee.

Ryeowook flew nearer to the village and she snapped her fingers to make the shadows around alive. The shadows controlled the water from the river to be poured over the fire. After a while, the fire became smaller.

One villager saw Ryeowook in the air and shouted “It’s the dark queen! She set the village on fire!”

Ryeowook shook her head and said “No!”

That villager incited the others to throw stones at her. “Stop!” She covered herself with her hands.

Her shadow army joined forces to build a barrier between them for Ryeowook to leave.

“Sir! The Lee village is on fire! And they say that it is the dark queen that set the fire.” Minho reported to Kyuhyun.

“Impossible. She wouldn’t do that.” Kyuhyun said and stood up to walk to the meeting hall where all the ministers are waiting for an emergency meeting.

On the way, Ryeowook returned to the palace and they met on the way.

Kyuhyun ran to her to hug her in his arms. “Where were you?”

“I...I...” Ryeowook didn’t know how to answer.

“How did you get hurt?” Kyuhyun asked when he saw her lower arm scratched. “Oh.. It’s nothing, i fell.”

Just then, troops of guards came running to surround the couple. “What are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked.

Minho shouted to his subordinates “Who ordered you? Stop right now!”

The prime minister appeared from behind and said “The villagers confirmed that they saw the dark queen at the scene. We must catch her now.”

“You are not doing anything!” Kyuhyun stood in front of Ryeowook to protect her, still unaware that she’s regained her powers.

Although she did not set the fire, Ryeowook was touched that Kyuhyun believed her unconditionally.

“Bring the villagers here if they saw her! I have complete trust in Ryeowook, she wouldn’t do such a thing.”

Tears flowed out of Ryeowook’s eyes as she hear how her lover protected her. “You are not fit to be our leader anymore!” The prime minister said.

“As planned, we will leave this place after our wedding tomorrow so we will not interfere with your plans to dominate the nation anymore, prime minister.”

“She is dangerous, sir!”

“If you dare touch her, i will make sure that you are the one that would be in prison.” Kyuhyun warned fiercely.

Minho looked at the situation and gestured to the guards to step back. The prime minister saw that he does not have the power to overthrow Kyuhyun yet, so he returned in a huff.

“Kyuhyun ah...”

“Shh...” Kyuhyun put a finger on Ryeowook’s lips to make her quiet.

He supported Ryeowook back to the chamber and wiped her tears with his finger.

“Kyu...Kyuhyun ah, why did you protect me? Why do you trust me so much?”

“Because you are my love, my life. Why wouldn’t I trust you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“What am I for you to sacrifice like that?” Ryeowook sobbed and suddenly, Kyuhyun crashed his lips against hers. She hit him in the chest to try to push away from him but Kyuhyun was determined to comfort her.

Kyuhyun wrapped her tightly at the waist while kissing her passionately.

‘Am I allowed to destroy you like that?’ Ryeowook asked herself as she gave her body to the love of her life.  



Sorry to keep you waiting!! I have to start writing again! I'm too slow lately.

Thanks for reading and comments!