Chapter 10

Kaleidoscope

Ryeowook was awoken by the warmth around her body. She opened her eyes to find herself safely in the arms of Kyuhyun. She remember herself trying to toss him down the bed last night but the light master used all the aegyo he have to plead Ryeowook to let him sleep beside her.

Unable to resist him, Ryeowook gave in. Kyuhyun was very gentleman by not crossing the line except for just hugging her. Ryeowook know that she won’t be able to paralyse him that night and just slept in his arms.

“Good morning, Ryeowook ah.” Kyuhyun kissed her nose when he saw that his lover was already awake.

The dark queen’s heart beat fast after the kiss and she’s still unwilling to accept that she is truly in love with her long time enemy.

Kyuhyun sat up an crawled out of bed. “It’s been a long time since i slept so well. It looks like i have to sleep with you everynight.” He teased.

Ryeowook blushed while still acting cool.

“Get dressed. I want to bring you somewhere.” Kyuhyun said and left the room. Although pretending to hate it, Ryeowook quickly picked her favourite dress to put on. She stood in front of the dressing table to check her hair and put on some light make up.

When she’s ready, she left the room to find Kyuhyun wearing a casual outfit which matches her dress well. He held her hands tight which made her heart skip a beat.

‘What’s wrong with you?’ Ryeowook asked her heart.

Just then, Taemin entered the chamber, wearing smart.

Both Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s eyes widened when they saw that their servant was so good looking.

“Why are you wearing like that?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Sir! You gave me the day off today, remember?” Taemin asked.

“Yes, of course. That’s why i’m bringing Ryeowook out. But why are you dressed like that? Are you going on a date?”

Taemin blushed and nodded.

Ryeowook couldn’t resist her concern for her only dongsaeng and friend after losing her memory, she asked “With who?”

Taemin shook his head. “Don’t ask, please. I will be late.” He bowed to his master before running out of the chamber.

Kyuhyun giggled and said “To think that little boy is going on a date now, I realise that he’s really grown up.”

Ryeowook nodded silently while still curious about who is he dating with.

“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun pulled Ryeowook along.

The couple left the palace from the main gate into the city.

“It’s been a long time since I see how my citizens are living. I wouldn’t have a chance after we get married, so I want to come here today.” Kyuhyun explained.

Ryeowook still fighting with her inner self on whether to paralyse him or not.

The couple strolled along the street, hand in hand. No commoner recognised them despite some protestors carrying banners opposing their marriage. Just then, a little girl bumped into Ryeowook and fell to the floor. She was about to kick the child away but like he knew, Kyuhyun squeezed her hand and smiled warmly.

Ryeowook paused and swallowed her anger. Kyuhyun squat down to the girl and helped her up. “Are you okay? Why are you running mindlessly like that? It can be dangerous.”

“I want to buy the badge for the Kyuwook couple.” She said.

“Kyuwook?” Kyuhyun asked.

“The light master and dark queen’s fan club are selling badges secretly to support their wedding. If the ministers found out, we would be caught. But their story is so romantic that we want to show our support.” The girl explained.

Kyuhyun ruffled her hair.

“I am sorry unnie.” The girl bowed at Ryeowook before running away.

“There are people that support me too?” Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun nodded and said “If you are true to people, they will like you too. Just like how you love me, the people know and they give us their blessings.”

‘I...love you?’ Ryeowook asked herself.

They continued walking down the street and sat down in a kimchi soup restaurant while observing the passerby.

“Look at them, they look so blissful as a family.” Kyuhyun pointed at a family in the next table.

Ryeowook turned around to look. They do look happy but is such a life possible for her? She thought.

“Aigoo...The two of you look so compatible.” The ahjumma commented when she served the couple their food.

Kyuhyun smiled and said “Thank you.”

Ryeowook couldn’t help but smile at her comment too. Kyuhyun was mesmerised by his lover’s smile and put a big spoon of soup into his mouth. He got scalded and dropped the spoon, fanning his mouth.

“Hot!” He complained.

Ryeowook looked at how silly he was and giggled unknowingly. Upon seeing that, Kyuhyun paused.

“It’s been a long time since you smiled. You look beautiful.” He said.

Ryeowook blushed at him and ate her food quietly.

Throughout the meal, Kyuhyun told the dark queen stories he heard about commoners which aroused her interest very much. Ryeowook have forgotten about paralysing Kyuhyun and have opened her heart to him once more, letting herself fall in love with him all over again.

“Then then??” Ryeowook asked excitedly.

Just then, they froze when Taemin walked past the restaurant.

“Isn’t that Taemin?” Kyuhyun asked.

Ryeowook grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrist and pulled him out. “Yah! Where are you going?”

“I want to see who is he dating. Let’s follow him behind.” Ryeowook whispered.

“When did you become such a busybody?”

“He is my dongsaeng.” Ryeowook continued following the boy behind while dragging her enemy/lover with her.

It is turning to evening and they followed the unwary boy into the community park nearby where he sat at the bench. The couple hid behind the bush a distance from him.

“Do we have to do this?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Shh...” Ryeowook said.

Taemin looked nervous as he was looking at his watch and tapping his feet.

“How dare he/she make our Taemin wait? It’s been almost an hour.” Ryeowook said.

“Our Taemin? You make him sound like our son.” Kyuhyun whispered.

Ryeowook scoffed and focused on looking at Taemin.

Just then, a tall and handsome boy ran to Taemin. He was panting as he bowed repeated to Taemin.

Kyuhyun said “It’s him?”

“You know the boy?”

“That’s Minho, the palace’s chief of imperial guard.”

“Really? Is he nice?” Ryeowook asked worriedly.

“He is kind of cool but I knew that he likes Taemin. But I didn’t expect Taemin to accept him. I guess opposites attract.”

Ryeowook nodded.

“Just like us.” Kyuhyun continued and gave her a peck on the cheek.

The dark queen blushed and stood up. “Let’s go back.” She said.

“Who reaches the palace first gets to sleep on the bed.” Kyuhyun said and started running.

“Yah!!” Ryeowook shouted and chased behind.

‘Kyuhyun ah, can I pretend that I still can’t remember the past for the rest of my life?’



So sorry for not updating last night! My laptop crashed so I can only update when I get my hands on my laptop in office. 

Comments!!!

And I wanna tell my dongsaeng, Maria18adam that I will be here for you and be strong!! Saranghae!!