Chapter 15

Kaleidoscope

Kyuhyun was in his chambers reading the documents from the ministers. He put down the documents and look out of the window, still worried about Ryeowook.

‘Maybe I should go out to look for her and protect her myself.’ Kyuhyun thought to himself. He put his work aside and was about to leave when there was a knock on his door.

“Sir, Haejin ssi has come.” Taemin said to him.

“Sure, ask her in.” Kyuhyun said, thinking that he could try to see what the ministers are up to.

In a while, Haejin entered the room and bowed.

“What is it?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I… want to ask you…” She started.

Kyuhyun nodded, waiting for her to continue.

“In what way am I not comparable to Ryeowook? I am not the evil queen, I am the daughter of the your prime minister? Why can’t you like me?”

“Love is not about credentials. I was born to love Ryeowook and I am grateful for that.” Kyuhyun said plainly.

Haejin scoffed and said “Fated? You must be crazy! The 2 of you are poles apart!”

“Are you sure? But our hearts are one.” Kyuhyun said.

“I am giving you one more chance, I want you to forget about Ryeowook!” She shouted.

“Who are you to say that to me?”

Just then, Kyuhyun looked out of the window as the environment turned dark slowly. He heard the scream of Taemin in the inner hall.

“Taemin!” Kyuhyun tried to push Haejin aside but was surprised that he did not have the strength to shove her.

“What… is wrong?” Kyuhyun looked at his hands and then at the sky. ‘Oh no… it’s the total solar eclipse.’

Kyuhyun fell to the ground and immediately, he knew what was wrong with him. So the minister’s target was him and not Ryeowook, anyway killing anyone of them would make the other dead.

Just then, he heard laughter entering the room. It was the prime minster and his other followers.

“Well, well well. Our dearest Light master, littler did you expect yourself to be under our mercy tight?” He asked.

Kyuhyun was too weak to respond. By now, the whole nation was pitch dark.

He watched as the prime minister took out a dagger. “You leave me with no choice but to kill you and of course, the dark queen will die together.” He said.

Haejin turned away, not wanting to see how her father would kill the man she wanted to marry. The prime minister lifted his hand to want to stab Kyuhyun.

The light master closed his eyes waiting for the pain to come but suddenly, there was a blast at the door.

“Don’t you dare touch him!” A familiar voice shouted. It was Ryeowook.

Ryeowook’s eyes were glowing blue and with a flick of her finger, the dagger in the prime minister’s hands flew away. The dark queen smirked and lifted her hand lightly to control Haejin’s body. As if a puppet, Ryeowook controlled every muscle of Haejin.

The noble lady screamed in fear as she was forced to walk to the window.

“HELP!!! APPA!” Haejin shouted at the top of her voice.

Ryeowook was having much fun as she laughed while watching the prime minister begging her to stop. Meanwhile, all of the other ministers ran out of the room, escaping for their lives.

Ryeowook made Haejin stand on the window sill.

“I beg you, let my daughter off.” The prime minister begged.

As the dark energy from the eclipse made Ryeowook exceptionally evil, she was ready to kill anyone who dares to harm her Kyuhyun.

“As you say!” Ryeowook said.

The nails of her fingers grew long and sharp. She was about to pierce it through the elderly man’s skull when the place turned bright again. The eclipse was over.

Before Ryeowook could kill the prime minister, Kyuhyun regain some of his energies and managed to hug the dark queen from the back to stop her from killing.

“Ryeowook ah, I’m fine now. Relax…”

She froze at the touch of Kyuhyun and relaxed immediately. The glow in her eyes disappeared and he nails went back to normal.

“Kyu…Kyuhyun ah…” Ryeowook called weakly.

Just then, they heard screams. Ryeowook lost control of Haejin who was still on the edge of the window. She slipped and fell off the window.

“Haejin!” Kyuhyun shouted but fortunately, her father managed to grab her wrist at the last moment.

Kyuhyun immediately went to help pull Haejin up.

“You monster!” Haejin shouted as she looked at the now innocent looking Ryeowook who hid behind Kyuhyun.

“You were evil yourself too!” Ryeowook rebutted and hid her face behind her lover.

“Light master, don’t you see how dangerous this dark queen can be? She almost killed my daughter!” The prime minister said.

Kyuhyun scoffed and said “And you almost killed me. So who is more dangerous?”

“You are impossible!” The prime minister mumbled as he helped his daughter out of the chambers.

Leaving Kyuhyun and Ryeowook alone in the destroyed room, Kyuhyun giggled.

“What?” Ryeowook asked.

“I love how you would always lose control when I am in danger.” Kyuhyun said.

“But people find me dangerous when I do so.” Ryeowook pouted.

“That’s why…. You are NEVER to leave me again!” Kyuhyun cupped Ryeowook’s cheeks and brought her face towards his to give a long passionate kiss.


 

500 years later

“The light and dark festival is starting! Hurry!” A villager shouted to his friends as he gestured to them to follow him. He ran past a couple in big hats that were holding hands.

“Yah, this big hat is such nuisance!” The shorter of the couple threw the hat on the floor to reveal her face, it was Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun removed his own hat and laughed. “I was afraid that people might recognize us.”

“Oh come on, it’s been 500 years and people thought that the light master and dark queen are just a legend. No one will recognize us!” Ryeowook complained.

“Yeah right. So you should thank me for bringing you with me to leave my nation and lead our own lives in seclusion.”

“The happiest person was the prime minister.” Ryeowook giggled.

“But he was overthrown by the people very soon too and Minho took over as King.” Kyuhyun added.

“I’m just happy that Minho and Taemin remained blissful together until they died.”

Kyuhyun nodded and put his arms around his wife’s waist as they followed the villagers to the festival.

As they entered the carnival, they saw teenage girls kneeling in front of the ‘light master’ and ‘dark queen’ statue.

“Please bless me to meet my mr right this summer. I really want to fall in love.” One school girl mentioned.

Ryeowook laughed loudly.

The teenagers turned around to stare at her fiercely. “Ahjumma! What are you laughing at?” One of them asked rudely.

“Ahjumma?” Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun tried to grab his wife’s arm but she threw his hands away.

“Can’t you see that my skin is so smooth and young? How am I an ahjumma?” Ryeowook said.

“Ryeowook ah, don’t create a scene.” Kyuhyun whispered into her ears.

“You old hag! Why were you laughing at us?” The student asked.

“Old hag? How dare you call my wife that? No wonder you don’t have a boyfriend even now!” Kyuhyun stepped up against them in front of Ryeowook.

“Kyu…Kyuhyun ah…” Ryeowook called as she tries to calm her husband down instead.

“Kyuhyun? Ryeowook?” Another teenage girl said. She then took out a book from her bag and flipped a few pages.

“Do you think that they look like the light master and dark queen?” She showed her friends a story book with accurate illustrations of Kyuhyun and Ryeowook.

“No way.” The rude girl said.

Ryeowook pulled Kyuhyun’s sleeve lightly and he nodded at her.

1….2….3….

Kyuhyun ran at full sped while holding hands with Ryeowook. “Run after them! They are the light master and dark queen! They will fulfill our wishes!” The teenage girls yelled.

“Yah! Didn’t I tell you to wear that hat? Now everyone recognized us!” Kyuhyun yelled as they ran away from their pursuers.

“My fault? You were the one saying my name out.”

“Didn’t you say my name too? Ahjumma?” Kyuhyun rebutted.

They came to a halt when they reach the edge of a cliff. The teenage girls were still chasing them like fans chasing idols.

“Stop calling me that!” Ryeowook protested. Her husband laughed at how beautiful Ryeowook is even when angry.

“You are my beautiful dark queen forever.” Kyuhyun smiled at Ryeowook.

The teenagers stopped in front of them, panting.

“So the legend is true. The light master and the dark queen are together! So romantic!” They said excitedly.

Kyuhyun smiled at them.

“Can you please bless us to get a boyfriend soon?” They pleaded.

Kyuhyun was about to reply them that they do not have such powers but Ryeowook squeezed his hand. “You were so rude to me just now, I will not bless any of you.” Ryeowooko said proudly.

“Please….” They begged.

“Kyuhyun ah, carry me.” The dark queen said to her husband.

“Mwo?” Kyuhyun did as what his wife said and carried her up, bridal style. Ryeowook smirked at the teenage girls and flicked her fingers to teleport themselves back to their sweet home.

 

 

“We are home!” Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun sighed and said “You are indeed still the dark queen. The girls will grow to live regretfully for the rest of their lives.”

“They deserve it for calling me ahjumma. Besides, don’t you love me being evil like that?” She asked playfully.

“You are going to be the death of me.” Kyuhyun said as he carried his wife into their bedroom and placed her gently on the bed.

Ryeowook smiled seductively at her lover as she slipped her clothes down to expose her shoulders.

“Take me, dear.” Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun smiled and climbed above his wife. “Why are we still so in love?” Kyuhyun said as he start to kiss Ryeowook.

“I want a child… your child, Kyu ah.” Ryeowook said.

“I know. Let’s continue trying. Even though our light and dark energies can’t seem to mix to create a baby, but I believe that with our love, we can overcome this one day.” Kyuhyun comforted her.

Ryeowook nodded as she let Kyuhyun kiss her everywhere.

 “Provided you don’t get tired of me.” Ryeowook pouted.

“Never….” Kyuhyun put into Ryeowook which made her moan in satisfaction.

“Besides… we still have many 10000 years together.” Kyuhyun continued.

 

 

“I love you…” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook said together….


So sorry that I took so long to update the last chapter. My laptop crashed again and I was suddenly sick today.

Anyway, I tried my best to finish thie. My longest chapter ever!

Thank you so much for reading and do remember to leave your 'last words'!!!