Chapter 12

Kaleidoscope

Ryeowook woke up by the warmth of Kyuhyun’s bare body. She looked under the sheets to find herself as well and smiled when she recall how Kyuhyun claim her body.

Just then, Kyuhyun’s hand moved to her and caressed them lightly. “Good morning.” She said to him.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes lazily and closed them again. Ryeowook pressed her body against his and flipped him over such that she laid flat above him.

Kyuhyun hugged her tight and whispered in her ears, “I love you.”

“Why do you believe me? I mean, i did not even tell you where I went and how i got hurt.”

“Because you are my Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook nodded and kissed him on the lips. “I am ruining your life” Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun nodded. “It’s great! We will be married in a few hours time.” He smelled her neck and cuddle together.


 

Kyuhyun was wearing his suit for the wedding in the dressing room of the church while Ryeowook was changing into her gown in the next door. At the back of their minds, the couple know that there may be only 2 guests at their wedding but they didn’t mind.

They stepped out of the dressing room and saw each other. “You are gorgeous.” Kyuhyun said to Ryeowook. She smiled and turned away to walk to the other waiting room.

Kyuhyun walked the opposite direction to the main hall. As expected, the hall was almost empty. Only Taemin and Minho sat in the hall. They bowed when they saw him.

“Kyuhyun ssi.”

“Hi.Thanks for coming!” Kyuhyun said gratefully to his 2 most trusted subordinates.

Meanwhile, Ryeowook stripped herself again in the waiting room. She wore another black dress that was prepared in a suitcase. A drop of tear fell from her eye as she wore it.

“Sir, are you nervous? How does it feel?” Taemin asked.

“I’m nervous! You will know how I feel when you get married with Minho.” 2min blushed when they heard it.

Just then, the door of the church swang open and a group of equipped men led by the ministers entered.

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked.

“We found the villagers that saw the dark queen.” A villager stepped forward and said “We...we saw the dark queen in the air, controlling her shadow to enter the village.”

“What? In the air? Shadow? Impossible, she hasn’t regained her memories yet.” Kyuhyun explained.

“No... I have regained my memories.” Ryeowook answered as she walked out of the waiting room. She changed out of the wedding gown to wear a black dress.

“Ry...ryeowook ah, what are you saying?”

“I regained my memories. I remembered exactly who I am and you... are my enemy for 10000 years.” She forced herself to say.

Kyuhyun tried to control himself as he hear her speak.

Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowooks shoulders to say “You are lying! I don’t believe that you did it. Tell me that you did not do it!”

Ryeowook controlled her tears and said “I won’t marry you.” She removed Kyuhyun’s hands around her.

“Catch her!” The minister said.

Ryeowook snapped her fingers to control the shadows around to block their vision. This hit Kyuhyun with the realization that the dark queen is truly back.

Ryeowook turned back to look at the dumbstruck Kyuhyun one more time before flying out of the church, away from the love of her life.


 

*2 months later*

The wanted pictures of the dark queen were spread throughout the nation, in every corner of the streets. Supportors of Kyuwook turned to haters since she betrayed their trusts and the ministers only became more powerful.

Kyuhyun lost the meaning in his life after Ryeowook left. He continued ruling the nation while helping in the capture of the dark queen. She could not be found after she left and she did not create any trouble. Kyuhyun is sure that she is still the kind hearted dark queen which he taught to be.

“Ryeowook noona! Look what I got?” The little tree spirit, Sehun presented a passion fruit to Ryeowook.

“That’s great! Thank you!” She took from the boy and ate it. Ryeowook’s been living with the mother and son tree spirit whom she helped previously. Whenever the army look for her in the forest, all the tree spirits help to divert them out of the woods so there is no way that they can ever find her.

Ryeowook miss Kyuhyun terribly but thought that she would only bring harm to him. She endured the urge to see him and lived quietly in the forests.

“Noona, i saw your posters still pasted over the nation.” Baekhyun said.

“What’s new?” His omma asked.

Ryeowook giggled as she agreed with the tree spirit ahjumma.

Just as they were chatting, a vine spirit came running to them, panting.

“What is it?” Ryeowook asked.

“The villagers are here again, this time they brought saws to chop us down!” The spirit said worriedly.

Ryeowook stood up and ran to where the vine spirit described. She fused with the tree shadow near where the villagers are to listen to their conversation.

“There must be something wrong with this forest, we can never get through it. The dark queen must be hiding inside.” The leader said.

The villagers roared in agreement. “She burned our homes! Let’s burn this forest!”

They lighted a matchstick and was ready to throw it into the forest. But Ryeowook appeared in front of them fiercely.

“Don’t you dare.’ She warned.

The women in the group screamed while the men shivered too.

Ryeowook scoffed and said “Useless humans….” With a blink of the eye, the fire on the matchstick. The villagers wanted to flee but the trees of the forest swayed in the wind aggressively to further scare them.

Immediately, they knelt down to beg.

“Dark queen, we beg you. We are sorry, please let us go…”

If Ryeowook was still the old Ryeowook, she would have killed them without a second thought. But when she want to lay a finger on them, Kyuhyun’s disappointed face would appear in her mind. She did not want to hurt Kyuhyun’s citizens.

“Go…” Ryeowook said. The villagers stared at her, surprised.

“GO!” She repeated.

They got on their feet and fled as fast as they could.

‘Kyuhyun, what have you done to me? Why am I unable to kill now?’ Ryeowook asked herself.


Sorry for not updating yesterday! I went out with my friend for the friday night. Haha... I had Korean BBQ!

Anyway... Hope you enjoy!