Chapter 7

Give a Reason

“Okay. That’s all for today guys!” The photographer said after taking a million shots of them for their comeback.

 

“Ahhhh! At last!” Dongho said stretching his arms above his head.

 

Everybody starts to walkout of the photo shoot and back to their dressing room. Finally the long day is about to end and they get to rest earlier. Kevin is the last one to enter the dressing room and as he entered he felt a pair of eyes looking at him but he decided to ignore it. Kiseop is the first one to approach him.

 

“Hey Kevin. Want to hang out later? We can go to the mall. ” the ullzang asked hyperactive.

 

“Don’t say yes Kev. His just finding his way out of me so he can’t hang out with me.” AJ said first before he can even mutter a word.

 

It’s been a week since Kevin and Eli broke up so everything is slowly steadying between them. But they’re still not talking to each other. Everyone seems to forget about their relationship so it’s okay for them to not to talk to each other. Even Kiseop and AJ who notice their problem is not questioning them now. They’ve moved on now.

 

The ullzang stick his tongue out to AJ and the cat did the same before Kiseop faced Kevin again.

 

“Please. I don’t want to say with him. He keeps annoying me lately.” Kiseop pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

 

“I’m sorry Kiseop but I have someone to meet, maybe next time.” Kevin said and Kiseop just nodded in disappointment.

 

Everything was okay for Kevin so it was for Eli. Everything is okay between them now but there are sometimes he caught himself waiting for Kevin. He always thought that Kevin has moved on but he still felt possessive when it comes to Kevin, and now hearing that his meeting someone makes his ear ring. He looked up into Kevin’s direction as the younger boy changes his clothes. He wanted to know but he had no right because they are officially off. But he wanted to. His range hits the roof when he heard AJ commented something he didn’t want to hear at all.

 

“OH! So you’re dating now ah!” AJ said not knowing his teasing someone.

 

Kevin shook his head no.

 

“No. I’m not. I’m just meeting someone that’s all.” Kevin answered honestly.

 

“And who is it?” AJ insisted, smiling not until he saw Eli is throwing him death glares shutting him up.

 

Kevin gathered his things and swings it at his back before answering.

 

“Kibum-hyung!” He answered before closing the door. And finally he left.

 

After Kevin closed the door everybody is look at AJ making him anxious.

 

“What!” He almost yelled.

 

He must know it. Everybody knows about the former couple’s break-up issue and now AJ is commenting something that can offend anyone, especially Eli or Kevin.

 

“Nah! It’s okay!” Eli said before leaving.

 

Really it was okay for him if Kevin is dating someone at least he knows the younger singer is not depressed. But at the back his mind he is saying “no. he can’t!” This can’t be. At the first place it was his fault of why did they broke up. It was his fault that he fall out of love on Kevin. And then he’s going to act like this?

 

 He sighed and pressed the button summoning the elevator. He entered and pressed the button to the ground floor. When he reached the ground floor he noticed Kevin. He seems to be waiting for someone, yeah his waiting. He starts to walk towards the waiting boy. He wanted to talk to Kevin and ask the boy if he was okay after the break up or talk to him about anything. Anything would do just to have a reason to talk to him, anything.

 

 He was halfway there but stop dead on his tracks when he saw a car stopping in front of Kevin. The younger boy bends down and greeted the driver. Who could that be, he thought. Although he can’t see it clearly but Eli is sure that Kevin smiled his true sweet smile that he didn’t saw for how many days. All of a sudden Eli felt an emotion he used to feel when Kevin is flirting with AJ on stage. That same old feeling he used to feel when they were still together. He felt jealous, that was it. That was the smile Kevin always shows him whenever they were close or do something together.

 

The driver adjusted and Eli saw him, it was Kibum. Of the entire person Kevin knows, why does he needs to hang out with Kibum? Kevin steps in the car and closed the door and the car finally moved out of Eli’s sight leaving him standing emotionless. No, not emotionless, jealous. And motionless. That was it.

 

~~~

Kevin keeps himself busy for so many useful things just so he can’t think of anything. He treated his mother last week as he planned but he never went on a date as he planned to do. He focused his attention on their upcoming new song. He tires himself so when he came home he would just change his clothes and then sleep. That’s his routine for a couple of weeks until Kibum called to check on him.

 

The older boy learned about his self-tiring routine and scolded the younger boy on the phone and told him to take a break and rest but the other just waved it off. And now they are both inside the car because of Kibum’s insistence. The older boy insists that they should have time for each other since it was years that they saw each other, except for the incident on Kibum’s house. Now they are heading towards the mall to go shopping for Kibum’s mom. At first Kevin said no and asked why he should come if he wouldn’t be treated to an ice cream parlor but he eventually came along after the older boy’s provocations.

 

“Eli saw us just now.” Kibum said after turning from the building where he fetched Kevin.

 

He was going to fetch the boy so they would go together to the mall and as he rolled the windshield down earlier so he can greet Kevin and he clearly saw Eli. Eli was walking towards Kevin but suddenly stopped when he saw his car. The other boy’s face change from irritated to disappointment. Maybe his sudden appearance is on the wrong timing.

 

“Really?” Kevin said rather happy than surprised in his tone but he suddenly change it.

 

“Yeah, and by the way he looked I think his irritated or disappointed. I don’t know.” He said not looking at the boy beside him.

 

Kevin didn’t speak and that was the time Kibum glance at him briefly. He saw Kevin’s expression and he didn’t like it. That was the expression when he thinks that Kevin is thinking twice. He just sighed and continued driving. Any minute now they’ll going to arrive at the mall.

 

Upon arriving, they went to shop dresses for Kibum’s mother and other things for Kibum as he was leaving two days after. After an hour of doing so they found their selves in a fast food chain. They were seating at the far end of the room talking about everything and anything. They were having a good time until Kibum remembered the question that keeps bothering him earlier.

 

“Do you still love him?” he suddenly asked shocking his dongsaeng.

 

All of the sudden Kevin’s smiling face faded and a sad look replaced its place. Of course Kevin still loves Eli and Kibum know it by the looks of the boy’s face. Stupid question. He tried to change the subject but he didn’t know what else to say.

 

He tried to open his mouth to speak but Kevin beat him in speaking first.

 

“Yes… yes I still love him.” Kevin answered in a hushed voice.

 

Kevin lowered his head and looked at his now warming iced tea. He bit his lips; he didn’t want to spill the beans again. He brought his head up and looked the other way just to avoid the older boy’s look. He deeply sighed and tried to focus on maintaining his calm state. It was really hard moving on when you are reminiscing the past. But he believed in accepting the truth will set someone free. He clearly sees that Eli has moved on, but why he can’t. It’s not hard to do it right? Oh who is he fooling with? Of course it was damn hard. He already thought about that fact and prepared himself on whatever can happen. But he didn’t prepare his self to see that Eli is already moved on. Well people come and go for some reasons. And Eli came and then leaves for a reason. A sad, sad reason.

 

Kibum didn’t really mean to bring the same subject Kevin avoided but he just wanted to know. He didn’t let Kevin go and let Eli hurt him. He still cares about the younger singer although they didn’t see each other often. Every time he heard news about them he would surf the net just to see it in a new angle. He cares about the boy whenever he heard Kevin is sick or something. He would really check if he is okay. He would do everything just to see the sad boy before him to smile again like he used to see before they separate ways. He highly hope the other boy see him more than a friend he have.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bring it up again.” Kibum said in an apologetic voice, he is still looking at Kevin.

 

Kevin finally looked at him and gave him a sincere smile. He knows Kibum didn’t mean to.

 

“That’s okay. I know you didn’t mean to. ”

 

He was about to say something again but his phone rang. Kevin picked it up and looked at the message. It was his mother. He opened the message and then looked at the older boy.

 

“Hyun I’m sorry. I need to go. My mother texted me, she wanted me to go home early.” Kevin said.

“Yeah it’s okay.” He said understandingly.

 

“Thanks hyung. See you soon. Bye.” Kevin rose from his chair and walk out of the restaurant without letting the other to bid him goodbye.

 

Kibum was left alone, again. He followed the back of the boy until it disappeared from his sight.

 

“Yeah, see you soon.” He said to himself.