Final (Part II)

Give a Reason

“Please listen to me just a minute.” Eli begged. Kevin remained passive.

 

“I… I don’t wanna hear your damn reason Eli.” Kevin said after a pause.

 

“Tell me why you broke up with me even though you didn’t want to.” Eli retorted seriously.

 

Of course Kevin was surprised. He didn’t tell that to anyone. He looked at Eli with a shocked and pained expression. The silence filled the closed room for a second then Kevin closed his eyes and speak

 

“Because, because I want you to be happy. Even if it’s not with me.” He started, trying hard not to sound so broke.

 

“I want you to be happy so I told you that I don’t love you anymore. I can set you free if that can makes you happy. I don’t want to chain you down like an animal just to stay with me.” Kevin finished.

 

He can’t contain his tears anymore so he just lets it flow down like a waterfall. He didn’t care anymore if Eli can see this; all he wanted is to be free from his pain.

 

Eli couldn’t do anything other than to stare at Kevin, AJ was right then. He’s so stupid to just think about it now. He can see Kevin’s visible shake, his whole body is shaking as his sob wrack his body. He held up his hands and lean it on the cold metal wall surrounding them for support. Eli can’t do anything but to reach for Kevin. All he wanted is to hold the younger boy in his arms and tell him that he won’t leave again. He extended his arms for Kevin but was miserably whacked by the younger’s hand.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Kevin said a little louder

 

Eli was shocked of course, is it that great already? Can he still fix this?

 

He’s heart bleed a little more as he heard the command. He couldn’t move from his place as if the time itself froze for him. Then little strength on holding back his tears gave up and the first salty water slid down his check as he watch Kevin cry in front of him.

 

There was an agonizing silent with Eli’s breathing and Kevin’s sob. Then there the little bell ring. The metal door opened revealing an empty hall. As soon as the sliding door of the elevator opened Kevin dashed for it and exited. He didn’t move or followed the crying Kevin. He just stood there still tears ran down his cheeks. He was now looking at the blurred reflection of his face where Kevin just stood moments ago. The door slid close again but the contraption didn’t move. Then silence again.

 

He felt stupid and a er. He made Kevin cry a hundred times in their relationship plus a thousand as they break. He wanted to kill himself, he wanted to hurt himself. He once said to Kevin that he’ll hurt anybody who messes with his Kevin, but now it was clear he was the one who hurt the latter. Tears keep on falling and Eli can’t stop it and he doesn’t know why. He decided to get out of the cramped place so he hurriedly wiped his face and straighten up and went out of the elevator.

 

He walked slowly to big exit doors of the company. Almost all lights were already out and all he can see is the guard outside. He looked outside of the window and noticed that it was still raining and it was raining really hard. But Eli didn’t care much. He continued walking and finally reached the guard who looked at him concern. Maybe the guard notices that he just cried. Then the man spoke.

 

“Oh Mr. Kim are you with Mr. Woo earlier?” the man asked which sparked an interest on Eli.

 

He nodded.

 

“Mr. Woo just ran on the rain without an umbrella and he was crying. Is he alright?”

 

Eli didn’t answer as the horror flooded inside of him.

 

“Where is he??!!” He almost shouted to the man.

 

~*~

Kevin kept on running with his bag. His tears blended with the rain as it pours on him. He was a couple of block from the building and his clothes are drench. He started to slow down and he found himself walking under the heavy rain. His tears keep on falling down. He promised his self that he wouldn’t cry anymore. But he guessed he broke his own promise.

 

Then he thought about it again. Why of all the people he was the one who pain and hurt decided to play with. He didn’t play with someone’s feeling didn’t he? He loved Eli with all his heart and to honesty, he still love the stupid pigeon. His head pounding and his heart is beating on a slow pace. He brought his hands on his chest and tried to breathe through his wracking sobs. He can’t control his breathing anymore.

 

He stopped on his tracks and clutched his head as the pain is increasing. The rain is not really helping in his condition right now. His bag slid down the wet floor as he fell on the pavement joining his bag. He can’t keep his self-awake anymore. It seems that even his body can’t take the pain anymore. Then he finally closed his eyes and let the rain soak him further.

 

Eli on the other hand was running like an idiot on the streets. He was not holding an umbrella, just his love and hope that Kevin is still somewhere close. He turned to corner and there he saw a familiar body lying down on the cold, wet pavement. It was Kevin’s poor body. He immediately ran to the latter’s passed out body. He crunch down and held Kevin’s body close to him.

 

“Kevin, wake up. Please!” Eli pleaded that the other can hear him.

 

“Vinnie!!! Please don’t do this. It’s not funny!!” Eli announced with an angered tone.

 

Eli hoped this is just a nightmare. He can’t take it if his love dies in his arms. Eli swiftly fish his phone in his inner pocket that is, thank god, not drenched like him. He dialed the ambulance and when he receive a conformation he closed his phone a brought the petite male on a waiting shed near them.

 

“Kevin, hold on there. I’ll get you to the hospital. Please hold on there.” Eli whispered on the other’s ear as he hold Kevin near him, tears are streaming down his face.

 

~*~

Sirens can be heard a mile away and shouting from the hallways are increasing and it slowly faded as the stretcher enters the emergency room. It was already really late at night or too early in the morning. Eli can’t tell which one is it now. He slowly sat down on the empty chair in the waiting area. He can’t calm his tears down. It kept coming down his cheeks. He was so damned scared on what could happen to his love. He tried the nth time to stop his stupid tears and now he succeeded. He inhaled deeply and exhaled through his mouth as he finally calmed himself.

 

 He was still wet from the heavy rain outside but he didn’t care for himself, because he can think about right now is Kevin’s condition. He can’t wait to see the younger boy now. He remembered something. He needs to inform the other about their whereabouts. Maybe Soohyun is thinking about them by now. Eli can’t say what kind of thoughts ran in the leaders head. He fished the miraculously dry phone in I his inner pocket and punched the required number.

 

The ringing tone started and fortunately after the second ring the other line picked up. A groggy leader answered. Maybe Eli was mistaken; the leader is previously asleep and not thinking.

 

“Hey hyung, I’m in the hospital right now…” Eli announced in a whispered tone.

 

“Why are you…? Who’s in the hospital?” Soohyun asked rather angrily on the other end on the phone.

 

“K-Kevin is---“ Eli was rudely cut off by the leader.

 

“What the hell happen!?” the older man shouted, panic can also be notice in the tone.

 

“J-just come here…” that was all Eli can say before he hung up the phone and pocketed it away again.

 

He was too tired to argue with the leader. He was still calming his self because his tears are threating to spill again. All of the sudden the door on the emergency room opened revealing the doctor. Eli immediately stood up and went to the man.

 

“Are you his relative?” The doctor asked and Eli just nodded in response.

 

“Well he passed out because of exhaustion.” The man stated calmly.

 

“What are talking about? What kind of exhaustion?” Eli was not a fan of medicine and doctors but he knew different kinds of exhaustion.

 

“Well it seems that his body is carrying too much stress and it can’t handle it anymore. That is why he passed out. And the lack of sleep, rest and the lack of nutrition is an added factor on why his body quickly gave out. He is not eating in right amount.”

 

If Eli’s eyes can popped out of its socket, maybe it was already rolling on the floor. He didn’t know that Kevin is torturing himself and the worst thing is that he didn’t notice it earlier. He was gaping and he can’t think of anything.

 

“We already sedated him and we also injected some needed nutrients for him to recover. And maybe if the supplements succeeded he will be awake tomorrow.” The man explained further more.

 

“Can I see him now?” That was the only words Eli can muster up to say. He can’t even think of anything expect seeing Kevin.

 

The man nodded and excused himself after he pointed where is the latter is roomed. Eli slowly opened the door and enters the room in complete silence. As he walks inside he saw the pale and thin body of Kevin. He walked to the bed and pulled a chair to sit near Kevin. His tears that he’s been preventing earlier escaped his eyes as he look at his loves pale face.

 

This is not the Kevin he knew. The Kevin he once knew his a boy with full of life and a cute cheeky smile. He never had a sad or dull moment in his life. The smile is contagious as everyone smile if he did. It was the moments that Eli wanted to repeat but this time he wanted to make everything right and in their right position.

 

The door flew open in a strong force as the other members rushed inside the room. Eli has no energy to look back at them. Kiseop immediately ran to Kevin’s side and held his hands. His tears are visible but it was not falling, Kiseop is a lot stronger than Eli thinks.

 

“Kevin, wake up! Why are you doing this to yourself?” Kiseop asked angrily but in a gentle tone.

 

No answer from the other. Soohyun decide to enter the scene.

 

“What happen, Eli?” The leader asked in concern

 

“He passed out in the middle of the heavy rain.” Eli said lowly.

 

“Why did he passed out? Is there something wrong about his health?” It was Hoon this time.

 

“The doctor said his body can’t take the stress his handling and the lack of rest and right nutrients made it more complicated for him.” Eli answered

 

“Eli what did you do?” Kiseop was now looking at the rapper. His brows are knitting together. AJ instantly appeared behind him.

 

“I didn’t do anything…” Eli answered in a whisper. It made Kiseop furious

 

“That is why Kevin is in this bed! You didn’t do anything to make it right. You said you’re going to fix this for Kevin!” Kiseop retorted in irritation.

 

“Kiseop it’s enough---” AJ started but was rudely cut off by Kiseop.

 

“No! Eli needs to hear a piece of my mind. Kevin lied to you because he never wanted to chain you down and hurt you. Because he freaking love you! And Eli you didn’t even notice it. You didn’t do anything to make this right. ” Kiseop lectured him.

 

AJ held him in attempt to shut him up. Kiseop is fuming and Eli is still staring at him in agony. Kiseop saw the silent tears slid down the rapper and that made him shut up. Kiseop breathe in and tried to calm his self-down.

 

“Sorry for snapping on you. But you are so stupid for not seeing this.” Kiseop apologized.

 

“That’s okay and I knew that long time ago.” Eli tried to smile.

 

Dongho walked near him and patted his head like a dog and gave his hyung a smile of assurance.

 

“How long is he staying here?” The maknae asked.

 

“The doctor said he’s going to wake up tomorrow and maybe he can be discharge from here tomorrow.” Eli simply answered.

 

After an hour of staying at the hospital the other members decided to leave and take a rest since it was early in the morning. Eli was still staying and took a rest at the couch on the corner. He was asleep for the next few hours until the sun shines right on his face waking him up. When he looked up Kevin was still sleeping so he went beside the bed and looked silently at the boy lying.

 

He was not thinking of anything. He was just looking at Kevin. Gently his hands found their way to the boy’s face and it lovingly. It was a long time since he has done that. He notice that Kevin’s complexion came back to normal; pinkish white skin is back. Eli was still his face when Kevin finally stirred.

 

Kevin look up at Eli who was looking at him blankly, like the older boy didn’t notice him. He felt the warm hands sliding down his face. It stopped gradually and then it continued. They stayed like this for almost a few minutes. Then Kevin notice Eli’s face change into pain and a single tear escaped trailing down his cheeks. Kevin wiped it gently and his hands stayed at the side of Eli’s face. The older boy leaned in to where the younger’s hands are.

 

“Why are you crying?” Kevin asked gently after a pause

 

Eli shook his head, he doesn’t know why his crying either. Kevin looked at him seriously, demanding an answer.

 

“Why are doing this to yourself? I know it’s my fault, but why are you torturing yourself, Kevin?” the rapper asked in a hurtful way.

 

“Because I don’t know how to bare the pain without breaking in front of you…” Kevin answered still gazing at the older boy.

 

Eli kept silent, his trying to keep himself together. Kevin was still passive but deep inside he was tearing apart. He wanted to hug this man in front of him so badly. Just apologize Eli, say you wouldn’t do it again’, he thought to himself. Everyone can say his too stupid but he don’t care. He love Eli that much and love can really make you stupid even if you are the smartest person on earth.

 

“I’m so sorry Kevin, please forgive me…” Eli started

 

“Please come back to me.” He said in a sincere way.

 

It was all real, Eli was sorry for hurting Kevin and he really wanted the boy back. Kevin on the other hand sat up but didn’t break his eye contact to the other. He shifted and was now facing Eli. He was just looking at the boy with a blank expression making Eli nervous. Then suddenly he leaned in front of Eli capturing his lips. Eli was so shocked that he didn’t have the time to react on the sudden kiss. But after a few second he returned the kiss with love and passion, the one they shared the first time they kissed.

 

Kevin felt the other returned it well so he improved his. Eli’s hand s down on the latter small waist and drags him down his lap. Kevin obliged and moved down to Eli’s lap. Their kiss deepened and their mouth move in sync as their hearts did. They missed each other like this and they are claiming their love once again. Eli’s tongue swiped on the lower lips of Kevin. Kevin granted the plea and met the hot muscles, massaging it with his own. They fought for dominance but in the end Eli won.  They separate in need of air. They held each other in arm’s length. They didn’t speak; they just stare at each other in a loving way. Eli’s head found its way to Kevin’s shoulder.

 

“Kevin… I still love you… I never stopped. Come back to me…” Eli started but trailed himself off; he can’t believe how stupid he sounded in his head.

 

“I never stopped loving you too, Eli… Don’t let me go.” Kevin said as he returned the hug. He was now smiling.

 

“I’ll never let you go, again. Not until you are annoyed or you don’t love me anymore.” Eli answered

 

“I would never stop loving you idiot!” Kevin scolded him. Then they turned silent.

 

“Kev, I’m sorry…” Eli whispered once again. But Kevin didn’t answer

“Kevin?”

 

Kevin moved out of the hug and faced the rapper.

 

“You need to apologize to me in a better way.” Kevin grinned making Eli smirk in a good way.

 

“Of course and I’m starting now.” Eli announced then pounced on him on the bed.

 

Kevin gasped and was about to protest when Eli covered his mouth with his lips. Kevin didn’t have any second thought and returned it happily.

 

Finally they can say it was over and everything is getting back to the way it used to be. And the most important thing is they both learn a thing or two.

 

Love is something that you need to retain and to remake anew. And Love doesn’t always need to have any reason. Because you don’t need any reason to love someone with all your heart, it just came to be.

 

~*~

A/N: Okay, it’s officially over…. Its mess is over...joke. I know, it’s a lame ending but thanks for sticking out with me throughout. ^^

Just to say for the record, this fic is inspired by a song. It was meant to be about the song but it turned out the other path I’m thinking… but for me it turned out great!

Please comment and subscribe!!

Comment on what u think about the story.... i'll be accepting criticism!!

^_^ thanks for reading

Thanks again!!! See you all around!!!! (^3^)=0 *kissy*