Chapter 4

Give a Reason

Break-up are the worst and painful part of the relationship. That was Eli said once, but Kevin shake his head in disagreement.

 

It isn’t the break-up that is worst; it is the part where you need to live every damn day trying to forget your memories of the past. That was Kevin’s opinion.

 

Now if Eli would apply it to Kevin, maybe the said boy wouldn’t last a week without breaking. But it was Kevin who ended their relationship and it was Kevin who stood on his ground without breaking in front of him. Eli isn’t surprised when Kevin smartened up after their break-up but it surprised him when he is the one breaking deep inside.

 

It was mutual break-up, both party agreed to it, but why Eli felt like he is breaking. He knows deep inside that he didn’t love Kevin anymore and Kevin told him that he didn’t love him too. If someone should fall and cry it would be Kevin first but the boy didn’t.

 

Eli lay down his bed and waits for Kevin. To be honest he didn’t know why he should. He should sleep now they had an early flight tomorrow back to Korea, back to their own separate lives. He looked on the doors direction. It was past 30 minutes since Kevin had gone to shower. Yes Kevin would take almost an hour or three for taking a bath and it annoys Soohyun to the extent but in the night it wouldn’t take him an hour just approximately 45 minutes. Maybe he slept in the other room; he even brought his clothes before he left. Maybe Kevin slept with Kiseop or with Hoon. He can’t blame the younger, maybe Kevin wanted some space and he would do it also if he had a chance.

 

After thinking of conclusion of Kevin not showing up at the room after a minute Eli decided to sleep so his mind wouldn’t bother him again. He close his eyes and drift off to sleep; they had a long day tomorrow.

 

~~

After Kevin crying his eyes out, he succeeded to shut his self-up and got out of the shower. He didn’t went to their bedroom he shared with Eli, he can’t. He can’t sleep with the others too, they would suspect and he can be bombard with questions and it would hurt all over again. So he head to the only place that is quiet, the living room. He can manage to sleep in the couch after all its just one more night before they comeback to Korea, back to their separate lives.

 

He settled himself at the leather couch and tried to find sleep. Unfortunately it didn’t come as he tried harder. He can’t think of anything other than the confrontation earlier and the emotion Eli had when he said ‘I’m sorry’. It really gave him the complete conclusion that shatters his heart all over again. Eli didn’t love him anymore. He cried once again. He put a hand over his mouth so his sobs won’t be so loud. He clutch his shirt just above his heart should beat or use to beat.

 

“Stop this Kevin. It’s alright now.” He said to himself. He repeated it to his head as a mantra as his sobs subsides and dry heaves racks his body. He tried lulling his self to sleep. He tries to sing and finally it helped him to calm his heart. His eyes finally gave out and the only thought left is his eye condition tomorrow. Whoever sees him can tell that he’s been crying. Even if he lie it would be too obvious.

 

---

Kevin had a dreamless sleep and he suddenly felt someone shaking him.

 

“Kevin, wake up we need to leave early.” It was Hoon.

 

He shook Kevin lightly and the younger stir. He noticed the younger’s eyes. It was red and puff, like his been crying all night but he didn’t bring up the subject.

 

“Is everyone already awake?” he asked rubbing his eyes. The older nodded and smile.

 

Kiseop lazily made his way towards the couch not knowing who is occupying it. He instantly collapsed on top of the thin singer making him groaned. It seems that the dancer didn’t hear him so Kevin pushed the older male off him to other side of the couch.

 

“Hey if you still want to sleep, sleep on your bed not on top of someone.” Kevin jokingly said earning a grin from the dancer.

 

“Okay everybody start getting ready. We’ll leave in two hours.” It was their leader speaking in his leader stance. Everybody nodded after he warned.

 

Kevin notice Eli made his way towards the kitchen, not bothering to look, so he got up and made his way towards their bedroom. He silently entered and the memories of the past night ring at the back of his mind, reminding him his decision. In a few minutes it’s his turn to take a shower so he gathered his clothes. As he was about to get out he heard his phone vibrate. He didn’t remember that one earlier. He picked it up and saw a message. It was from Kibum. He open and reads it.

 

Hi Binny. How’s your promotion in japan? By the way I’m in Korea right now so we can hang out sometime, if you want. I know you’ve got all your time for Eli but I’m still hoping you come. ^-^

 

Kevin’s eyes welled in tears again but he didn’t want to cry so he held it back again. He dialed Ki bum’s number. He wanted a company to talk to after came back. After a few rings his hyung answered.

 

“Hey! So are up for the hang out?” as always Kibum joked making Kevin smile.

 

“Yeah. A break is good.” His voice surprisingly came strained that Kibum easily picked up fast.

 

“Are you okay? What happen?” the older male asked from the other line.

 

Kevin knew that Kibum would really bug him for the information that made him smile. Kibum can really get up to his nerve sometimes but it was what he liked on his hyung. At some part it made Kevin cry. He also knew how Kibum can get concern when it comes to him. He remembered when his hyung confess to him but he rejected it for Eli. Stupid pigeon boy.

 

“Kevin?” concern string out of Kibum's voice as he notice Kevin didn’t answer.

 

“Yeah!” Kevin’s voice broke as he finally entered the bathroom. He can release it.

 

“We-we….. Eli and I … we broke up last night.” He let out a soft sob.

 

“When you set foot here, promise me you’ll come straight here. At my house.” The older one sounded so concern as he heard the petite boy sob.

 

“Okay I’ll come. Thanks hyung.” And with that he hung up and wiped his tears from his cheeks. He promised his self-last night that he wouldn’t cry anymore.

 

He stepped in the shower and let the warm water seep through him.