Chapter 5

Give a Reason

The plane finally landed in the lands of Korea and as they set foot at the ground Kevin and Eli’s relationship officially ended but no one knows in the band.

 

They check out and they were greeted by their fans. Manager Shin offer them ride back home, mostly of them agreed except Kevin. Everybody’s eyes turn to him after he said no. they knew Kevin would be happy to have a ride back home except if his mother is going to pick him up. But today his mother is not picking him up.

 

“I’ll visit someone first before I go home and my mother would pick me up at my friends place.” He lied.

 

He told his mother not to pick him up cause of some other matters and his mother agreed. Manager Shin nodded and walk away first. Their leader said his goodbye, so as the bunny followed by the maknae. Kiseop walk towards him and gave him a hug and said goodbye, the cat said his goodbye and followed the dancer. There’s only one left, Eli. He turned to the rapper who was looking at him rather concern. They didn’t say a thing; they just look at each other trying to figure out what the other should say. It continued until Eli was being called by the annoyed looking maknae.

 

“Bye.” Was the only word Eli said before walking away, Kevin didn’t give anything away he just look.

 

After the rapper disappears in the crowd Kevin withdraw a long breath and walk to find a cab to Kibum’s house. He need to answer in every question his hyung would ask and he hated it. He hates to have to recall the hurtful night. He hailed a cab and gratefully one came. He entered and gave the address. It will be a long day if he would guess.

 

~~

Eli knows Kevin is lying. His mother is not picking him up after it, he know it because he heard the boy earlier. He heard it earlier, at their bedroom. He was about to enter their room but he quickly stop his self after hearing Kevin talking at his phone but he didn’t know who was the boy talking to. He stood at his place and tried to listen to the mere sound and word Kevin is murmuring. After another second he heard shuffling of feet, Kevin is leaving the room. Eli quickly walked out of the hall to the kitchen so no one would notice. He heard the bathroom’s door open and closes. He looks around and quickly walks to the door of the bathroom.

 

He felt he was stalking the younger singer, in their own dorm. He didn’t care now; he needed to know who Kevin was talking to. And there, he clearly heard the younger boy’s sobs and it was followed by the confession about their break up. He hates seeing or even hearing Kevin cry, but it was his fault after all. He heard the boy agreeing to come but he didn’t know to where. Eli walks away after Kevin hung the phone up.

 

Now he is sitting at the back of the van as the others chatter and he is pre-occupied by the thought of Kevin, but why? He sighed. He supposes Kiseop heard his sigh because the dancer nudged him.

 

 “Hey are you okay?” the dancer asked him. He only nodded not bothering to open his mouth.

 

He turned to the window to his left and rested his head to the cold glass as hi look out. He’s house is the first stop. It was okay for him because he wanted to be alone now.

 

~~

Stepping in the building where Kibum is leaving, Kevin tried to inhale as much oxygen as his lungs allows him to. He has this feeling that after or even before he finished his story to his hyung. But he didn’t want to break now, he promised his self-last time.

 

‘I won’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry’ he repeated this mantra in his head a lot of times as he made his way to the elevator until he arrived at his hyung’s floor. Here it goes, he thought to himself as he faced the door. He lifts his hands and presses the door a couple of times. He knows the older male must be watching TV or playing with his dog so he needed to doorbell a couple of times. After a moment the door open revealing a concerned-faced Kibum. Kevin knew that look, it was one of Kibum’s sides he saw once, but now it was showing.

 

“Hey hyung.” He greeted in a low voice.

 

“Hey come in.” Kibum said in a plain tone, exact opposite of his expression.

 

The younger boy entered as the older male helped him in his luggage. After arranging it to the side of the couch they both sat down in silence. Nobody was speaking. Kevin is looking down on the newly vacuumed carpet while Kibum is looking at him with concern but not saying anything. Kevin is uncomfortable under that stare so he looks up.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be asking?” he asked in a small voice, the older male shook his head.

 

“I’m waiting for you to be ready so you can tell me yourself.” He said.

 

That was the thing Kibum was good in in listening to Kevin. The younger boy smile but it was the saddest smile he saw from the boy. Kevin inhaled and prepared his self.

 

He started telling the older male the whole story; from where it started and ended. He blinked back the tears that are threatening to flow. Kibum notice it all, the lip-biting to prevent himself from crying and looking away. He lifted his hands and patted the younger singer at his shoulders.

 

“Just cry it out. Don’t prevent yourself from cry it’s a natural indication that you are hurting. Don’t worry it won’t bother me if you are crying. I’ll be here.” Kibum said in the softest, concern voice he can muster for his dongsaeng.

 

Kevin looked down and shook his head. He didn’t want to cry, not again. He repeatedly shook his head denying the need to cry. He put his hand on both sides of his head to block Kibum’s view as his tears stream down his cheeks. It was unwelcome but it still flows like a waterfall from his eyes. The older man didn’t know what to do so he just trace circles at the younger boys back as the silent sobs turn to audible cries.

 

Kevin can’t help it, he wanted the pain to stop but didn’t. Stupid, stupid, stupid, he chants in a low voice.

 

After a few minutes his cries are subsiding and he is now wiping the last teardrop. He looks at Kibum and gave the former member a small smile. The other smiled too, he was glad the younger boy is now okay.

 

“Are you okay now?” Kibum asked after returning from the kitchen to get a glass of water for Kevin.

 

“If you’re asking about my feelings it’s a no. but for now yes.” Kevin answered in a low voice and smile.

 

“Let’s just watch a movie so you can rest then I’ll drive you home” he offered and the small boy nodded.

 

They sat together and Kibum let the small boy rest his head on his shoulders. Before the movie got to its he heard a light snore. Kevin is now sleeping. At least he is now at peace, for the time being.